monni50

Reaction score
I recently started playing with Tottenham and started the save by getting rid of the dead wood so i sold Kranjcar (10,75M£), Cudicini (650K£), Dos Santos (12,5M£), Pavljuchenko (7,5M£) and loaned out Bassong for 2,6M£. Still thinking about the possibility of selling Van der Vaart for 17,5M£. This all to especially clear some cap room to breath and also to get additional funds for the transfer kitty.

To replace these guys i aquired Hulk(22,5), Fellaini(20,5), Vrsjalko(1,0), Willian(7,5), Kara(1,0) and Verratti(2,5). I'm thinking about using assymmetric 4-5-1 as my main tactical options. I still need to buy a good left back (thinking about going for L.Baines), a talented back-up for Modric IF i do end up selling VdV and also a talented back up striker for Adebayor (won't be using the option come the end of season).

I will be rotating the squad as needed with Gomes/Friedel(GK), Walker/Corluka(Rb), Dawson/Kara(Cb), Kaboul/Kara(Cb), Assou-ekoto/?(LB), Sandro/Huddlestone(DMC), Fellaini/Parker(CM), Bale/Willian(ML), Hulk/Lennon(AMR), Modric/?(AMC) and Adebayor/defoe/?(ST). + Verratti, Vrsaljo, Coulibaly, etc. will play when possible.

What do you think, should i sell VdV? Who should I get as a replacement for VdV? Who should I buy as Lb? Who would be the potential ST? What do you think about the squad and rotation? etc.

Every comment will be much appreciated!

Christian Eriksen has been great in my Tottenham side behind Darwin Quintero. Worthy replacement of Van Der Vaart. Quintero is essential personally. He's far too cheap to miss out on. Got him to replace Pavlyuchenko and he's now in the first team ahead of Defoe and Adebayor. Ideal if you're looking for another striker.

I didn't bother with a LB. Assou-Ekotto is fine at LB and I'm training Kyle Walker to play LB as cover.

Last edited:
Use Vrsjalko as 1st choice right back, with walker as cover. Find a young cover for LB as ekotto is great there, no need to sign a big name with high transfer n wages.

Why dont use VDV at right and Hulk as striker? Don't fancy Adebayor to get many goals for u. And sell Defoe n Lennon for money (a lot of money)..

What Spurs really need is quality CB.. Sell those 2 and get reinforcement there..

I sold corluka, huddlestone, lennon, pavlychenko and king. My team playing 4222- Gomes. walker shawcross dawson cissokho. modric naingollan douglas costa Van der vaart. adebayor quintero. Im undefeated at start of december. Quintero has 18 goals in 15 games so far. beast!

I use my own 4-2-3-1 so far top of league with Spurs in February . I sign Willian to play as inside fwd on the left, Baines as my LB along with Bale, Saviola because he's quite cheap (4M) and because Defoe isn't consistent, Mateo Kovacic and Mbaye Niang as my future player. Loan out Kranjcar ( I wonder how could you sold him for 10 M??) , Assou EKotto, Pavlyuchenko and loads of young player. Actually Spurs have really good team especially their midfield. Willian on the left and Lennon on the right is doing amazingly for me with 10+ goals and assits for both of them ( Willian as Inside Forward and Lennon as Winger), and even Dos Santos is doing well as inside right as I use him as cover for Lennon. Modric and VdV is grabbing assits too as AMC. I 've played Modric as AMC, AMRL and MC and he always get good rating!

Here is my squad:
GK: Gomes (don't laugh, he is very consistent unlike IRL and with 20 REFLEX he can block almost any shot!)/ Friedel
LB: Baines/Bale/ Bassong
DC: Bassong/Dawson/King
DC:Gallas/Kaboul/Corluka
RB:Walker/Corluka

MC: Sandro/Parker
MC:Huddlestone/Modric/Livermore

AML: Willian/Bale/Modric
AMC:VdV/Modric/Pienaar
AMR: Lennon/Dos Santos/Modric

ST:Adebayor/Saviola/Defoe

So far I've beat Man Utd,Liverpool,Arsenal,Chelsea and City and doing well in Europa League too. Spurs have really nice squad with quality,versatile players and depth! For LB I highly suggest Baines because he rarely injured and very consistent!I'm thinking to sold VdV in 2nd season ( Man City offered me 30M in 1st season lol) to free up spaces and money because Kovacic is coming. You'll also need a good CB in 2nd season because Gallas is declining and either a world class striker or a future striker because Defoe isn't quite consistent. Try Rossi/Cavani/Niang/Muniain/Barrios is you can afford them

dont be a fool dont sell vdv hes a beast if you play him right

how much money do you from all the players who you sold

Okay, so i DID decide to get rid of VdV(17,5M£) and decided after some thinking to use willian as modric back-up at AMC. This then meant that I needed to get someone to rotate with Bale at ML. The choice came down to either keep using(training) Willian and buy Eriksen to rotate with Modric or buy and train Douglas Costa(11,25M£) and use Willian as Modric backup. After some consideration I came to the conclusion that Douglas Costa is indeed what I need because of his versatility, capability to use both feet and awesome technical ability.

After getting rid of the dead wood(selling) I ended up receiving 51,25M£ + the transfer kitty I was handed at the start of the season ~15M£ so i HAD give or take 66M£ at best. Sold Kranjcar to Zenit(offered to all clubs at 12,75M£).

However I'm not too conserned with my CB situation since I reckon that Gallas has one good season in him and the rest of my CBs are good enough to hold down the fort. I do have to assess the CB situation come the start of 2nd season, mainly I need to decide wether to trust Caulker or go for a more established CB like Shawcross. I would have also loved to have Quintero on my team but the problem with that is the fact that he NEVER shows up in my games till the 3rd season so I went with an old favorite of mine and bought Kadlec(4,1M£)

The one thing i'm still on the fence about is getting Baines as my LB. Right now I'm leaning towards signing him. Like I said before I won't under no circumstances be using the option i have on keeping Adebayor so I'm thinking about breaking the bank come 2nd season and try to buy Cavani, thoughts? Another, cheaper, option would be for me to buy either Tevez and use him as my ST or buy Gaitan and use Hulk as my ST.