ChelseaFan112

Reaction score
Team: Chelsea
Unbeaten Run: 21
Scored in a row: 41
Season: 2

Scored: 157
Conceded: 40

4 Wins and a draw from the first 5 games of my second season with Chelsea, I come up against Birmingham who have just been promoted. They are lying in 1st place with 9 goals and 1 conceded. I look at their fixtures and they have all been rather easy matches so I think nothing of it.

I lose 2- 0. I was shocked. I have never lost by 2 goals in my entire save. They dominated throughout the match with 55% possession and I hardly had a shot on goal. My team was near full strength with Daniel Struridge on FIRE. (8.21 AVG rating from 5 games).

I am now 7 games played and they have just beaten Liverpool 1 - 0 AND Spurs 2 - 1.

Anyone else experienced this with a similar promoted team?

At the moment i'm managing in the Romanian League,every year there are like 5-6 serious title contenders but during the season they stay in the 6-7-8 positions zone,some even got relegated,they lose points to weak teams and when they play against you they are like Barcelona..

EDIT: and the new promoted teams fight for European Cups until the last 3-4 games of the season,then they start to lose and go lower and lower oO)

Not really. You just need a solid tactic. Last season QPR were really high up the table (mainly because I made them really good by buying great young players before moving to Tottenham) but I dominated then every single match.

Now I am on a current 50 game unbeaten run, and have scored 30 in a row. If you have the tactic and fairly decent players, you will blow through practically every team. Not even barca can beat my tottenham team (knocked them out of the Champions League semi's, 3-2 on aggregate). I don't have that great players, either (my best is still modric, and my top scorer only cost me 15 mil).

I always perform better against tough opposition (Utd, Spurs, City etc). The underdogs always seem to take points of me. Just got held at 1 - 1 draw at Wolves -.-

My tactic is good, although I may have to change it a bit for the weaker sides. One that is more prone to countering-counter attacks maybe?

perhaps it was an off day, i've played barca in ECC before, first leg away 3-0 win, 2nd leg im using the sane tean they *** rape me 7-2, i was kinda lost after that.