Promotion to Championship with MK Dons

flamindamon

Reaction score
Hi, I've never been promoted before, but in my first season with Dons I got promotion through play-offs. Here is my team:

View attachment 160831

This is my same formation as last season, except I lost my best player Balanta as he was only on loan :( Shall I keep the same formation or change it to a more defensive one?

I also have £1 million to spend and I need a new Assistant Manager as John Gorman didn't want a new contract :(

Thanks ;)

Hmm going all out offensive isnt gonna help you here, but you dont wanna be to defensive and just invite them in <)
So I dunno, mabye a sort of containing strategy/counter attacking for away games and just hope for the best? :p
Thats just what I would do..

Ok thanks for your help. I was thinking about a defensive midfielder and 1 striker, but what would the best role be for a lone striker?

Hmm, I usually use 4-5-1, and have my striker as a deep-lying forward (Attack), and set my DM to defend

Here how i do my tactics...I normally do a 4-4-2 attacking tactic at homes but might tweak it a bit every game depending on what the opposition does. Get a scout to scout opposition every game...then work your tactic according to what they do...so if they like to do send long balls up to their front then its best to put your defensive line deep etc...

At away games, i normally play cautious...keep possession and try to play midfield play...lure their defense if they are too deep then once they have changed tactic and got fed up with our play, i will order my team to start sending direct balls up front or attack with pace up front.

Just try and adapt to tactics...learn how your opponents play and think how you would counter against their football. It is a lot of hardwork but in the end its worth it..I've done this and promoted my team from league 2 to championship.

Here how i do my tactics...I normally do a 4-4-2 attacking tactic at homes but might tweak it a bit every game depending on what the opposition does. Get a scout to scout opposition every game...then work your tactic according to what they do...so if they like to do send long balls up to their front then its best to put your defensive line deep etc...

At away games, i normally play cautious...keep possession and try to play midfield play...lure their defense if they are too deep then once they have changed tactic and got fed up with our play, i will order my team to start sending direct balls up front or attack with pace up front.

Just try and adapt to tactics...learn how your opponents play and think how you would counter against their football. It is a lot of hardwork but in the end its worth it..I've done this and promoted my team from league 2 to championship.
Thanks ;) I'll try that

Hmm, I usually use 4-5-1, and have my striker as a deep-lying forward (Attack), and set my DM to defend

If that is your tactic, don't play too defensive...play either 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1 high tempo..

If your gonna do forward to come deep...make sure your wingers attack a lot and they will probably be the ones to score most of the goals..so have 4-1-4-1...1 DM, 1 AML 1 AMR, 2 CM 1 CF. Set your wingers to do runs often..make sure your DM stays back all the time and does not go up. also one of the CM is support so he defs and attacks and the other CM is attack so he attacks all the time and rarely defs..

you know..you could set your forward to do forward runs and be more like the poacher...so a fast pacy guy up front...send long balls up and he runs to catch it and shoots.

If that is your tactic, don't play too defensive...play either 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1 high tempo..

If your gonna do forward to come deep...make sure your wingers attack a lot and they will probably be the ones to score most of the goals..so have 4-1-4-1...1 DM, 1 AML 1 AMR, 2 CM 1 CF. Set your wingers to do runs often..make sure your DM stays back all the time and does not go up. also one of the CM is support so he defs and attacks and the other CM is attack so he attacks all the time and rarely defs..

you know..you could set your forward to do forward runs and be more like the poacher...so a fast pacy guy up front...send long balls up and he runs to catch it and shoots.
Yeh, I'll use 4-1-4-1. Thanks ;)

You could always try out my tactic? Needs a good challenge. ;)

yeah good...erm make sure you have fast pacy wingers and preferably have good finishing. Buy one or two players and loan couple few from the premier league and i'm sure they will be good use to your team :)

The thing that's annoying about this formation is that I have 2 or 3 really good and fast strikers but I can only use 1 of them :S