Promotion to closed leagues

Ultras500

Reaction score
Evening all,

I am currently attempting a challenge in the game to win all champions leagues but starting with no rep/experience. To do this I have downloaded various extra leagues, what I would like to know though is if it is ever possible to gain promotion to the top leagues in Aus, New Zealand and the MLS?

Currently I am managing Bucklands Beach, I have just gain promotion to Robbie's Mainland League which is the 2nd level of New Zealand football, there is no promotion to the ABS Premiership via the league so do I have to move on?

My understanding is that ISPS Hamda Premiership (formerly ASB Prem) is a franchise/licence set up so no automatic promotion/relegation. This is played throught the Summer to fit with FIFA calender (and A-Legaue ) whereas all other NZ leagues are played over winter. Clubs that play in the ISPS Hamda also have teams in the winter leagues as well (with the exception of Wellington Phoenix Reserves)

Mind you, Bucklands Beach is East Auckland based isn't it? The Mainland League is a South Island league, I would have thought the highest you could go with Bucklands would be Northern Premier. If the game has you promoted to the Mainland League there is something not quite right with the database you are using.

You must have some horrendous away fixtures.

My understanding is that ISPS Hamda Premiership (formerly ASB Prem) is a franchise/licence set up so no automatic promotion/relegation. This is played throught the Summer to fit with FIFA calender (and A-Legaue ) whereas all other NZ leagues are played over winter. Clubs that play in the ISPS Hamda also have teams in the winter leagues as well (with the exception of Wellington Phoenix Reserves)

Mind you, Bucklands Beach is East Auckland based isn't it? The Mainland League is a South Island league, I would have thought the highest you could go with Bucklands would be Northern Premier. If the game has you promoted to the Mainland League there is something not quite right with the database you are using.

You must have some horrendous away fixtures.

Yeah this is the 2nd New Zealand data base I used. The first I think had Bucklands in the NRFL league but I found a overall bigger league database (Quert2's 225 league megapack) including the lower lower New Zealand leagues. Their database has Bucklands in the Mainland division. Pure chance I was offered the Bucklands job on both saves.

So basically there is no way to franchise or grow the club to get into a franchised league?
Step one in my challenge is the OFC champions league since I am over that way in the game.

On a side note, I have been playing FM/CM for about 20 years and I cannot believe it has taken me this long to go on a world tour of football haha.

The only league to provide entry into the OFC Champs League from NZ is ISPS Hamda Premiership, below that are regional. There may be a route if you can convince the board to apply for a licence but I really wouldn't know whether a community-made database would do that or not. Plus I think you would have to wait until the league is expanding and I don't think there are any plans for an expansion.

So, you may have to sit through more long away trips (the drive from Bucklands to the South island takes 20+hrs via State Highway one)

I like the idea of a 'world tour' lol, I have been playing almost as long as yourself, but have settled on a 'career' mode, whereby I get a randomly selected team "Let the game pick a team" although I do tend towards the English game during the career

The only league to provide entry into the OFC Champs League from NZ is ISPS Hamda Premiership, below that are regional. There may be a route if you can convince the board to apply for a licence but I really wouldn't know whether a community-made database would do that or not. Plus I think you would have to wait until the league is expanding and I don't think there are any plans for an expansion.

So, you may have to sit through more long away trips (the drive from Bucklands to the South island takes 20+hrs via State Highway one)

I like the idea of a 'world tour' lol, I have been playing almost as long as yourself, but have settled on a 'career' mode, whereby I get a randomly selected team "Let the game pick a team" although I do tend towards the English game during the career

It honestly feels like a 20 hour drive with my computer speed because of the huge database I am running haha. I just passed deadline day in Europe and the 1st September took 30 minutes to process. Looks like I will have to jump to a ISPS team at somepoint then.

Seems strange you can run the game for hundreds of years but the MLS and A League will never change.