Promotion to the premier league

Potter25

Reaction score
Hi

First time I’ve posted looking for advice!

I’ve have taken 2 teams to the premier league on FM19 my team Stoke and Sheffield Wednesday.
When I took stoke up I did a Fulham and sold loads and bought loads of players and totally messed my team up and ended up sacked after taking 1 point from 10 games. When I got Wednesday promoted I tried a different direction and spent all my money on 1 played Tammy Abraham for 45m. Again the same thing happened and after a pretty horrific run I was again sacked early doors. I spent time changing tactics both times etc but nothing seemed work. Anyone got any ideas? I have a Reading save going quite well and I’m the automatics with 10 games go and not sure how to approach this?

The jump between the championship to Prem seems way too much

Any ideas on how to bridge the gap and avoid an early sacking??

Many Thanks in advance!

potter25

Ahhhh a Neil Warnock save lol.

Once your promoted and your pre season is done post your intended tactic here, to survive in a league when your one of the weaker teams, defensive minded counter attacking style is bread and butter.

Strengthen your defense. Make it a top priority if you want to stay in the premier league. Use the loan market to your advantage. Also, if you have money, try to buy one of the top players. For example, tammy abraham might be a good player, but for 45 mil, you should be aiming at a way better player. (You can get Davie Selke for 18mil, Exequeil Palacios for 10mil etc). Try to spend wisely and focus on defense.