Promotion Winning Tactic. Try this!!

cityull

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a tactic that I have made after a long time playing the game and after a lot of reading tactic bibles and such. I want to see what success if any others have with it. It is by no means perfect but has won me promotion from the championship in my first season (they got relegated with an AI manager).

It is a 4-4-2 formation which i alter the width and Tempo according to who I am playing and time left in a game and so on.

I ended up 2nd in the league with 92 Points Won 27 draw 11 and lost 8. With 20 clean sheets scored 82 conceded 39 leaving a GD of +43. My team is very average too. some decent players like hennessey in goal but youth players and free transfers made up about half my team. Hulls best players had left the previous season so i was really kinda stuck.

anyway, please let me know if anyone has any luck with it.

http://files.filefront.com/Attacking+Hull+Feb+2010tac/;12488901;/fileinfo.html:D

Last edited:
Could you provide screen shots of your positions and tactics as I cant get the download to work. Would like to try your system out as I like many others are finding it hard to find tactics that work. My old 4-1-3-2 system I have used for years does not seem to work in FM09.

I dont know how to add screenshots to the forums but if you send me a pm of your email address i can that way. thanks

With your DC is Anthony Gardener particularly good at long shots
just wondering the reasoning for it even though tactic works really well
cheers