hughsi

Reaction score
What possible reasons are there that the game would prevent a team from being promoted to the Premiership? Can it happen does to stadium size or anything.

I ask because on my save I am Man City and used the editor to create a B team in the lower leagues. They are now challenging at the top of the Championship but the game seems to be stopping them from being promoted. I've checked the settings I used when I created the game and I've definitely set them as being able to play in the same division as me so I don't think it could be that.

Any ideas?

Dunno if this apply in game but IRL stadium size affects promotions.

Is it really a B-team of Man City? Maybe the game prevents B-teams to compete in the same (highest) division as the A-team is.

In real life (in Spain) B Teams are not allowed to be in the same division or higher than the A Team. This was demonstrated back at end the end of the 90's \ beginning of the 00's when Atletico Madrid we're releagted from La Liga. Their B Team were in the Segunda division (and doing well I think) yet they were relegated down the the third division as Atletico went down to the second. It has always worked the same in FM, so I presume that by creating a B Team for Man City, they are stuck by the same B Team rules as in Spain.