Prow succeeds McLeish as Birmingham boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

prow07

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS (StuW's 10.3.2 update as of 18th July)

Birmingham City FC have today announced that Alex McLeish has resigned as manger of the club, this is believed to be caused by a major disagreement at the training ground between McLeish and a number of his players.

The club have also announced that Chris Prow will succeed McLeish as manager of Birmingham City, in a 2 year deal believed to be around £27,000 per week.

In a press conference Prow announced that his aim was to keep Birmingham in the Premier League.

Transfer Budget - £20m
Wages - Current (318k pw) Budget (425k pw)

JULY 2009

Transfers In
joe-cole1.jpg

Joe Cole - Free

Mahamadou-Diarra3.jpg

Mahamadou Diarra - £4.2m

phil-bardsley.jpg

Phil Bardsley - 3.9m

Transfers Out
Maik Taylor - Hoffenheim (£400k)
Robin Shroot - Crewe (£500)
Luke Hubbins - Macclesfield (loan)

July Pre-Season results
Birmingham 3-0 Reserves
Newry 0-4 Birmingham
Burton 1-3 Birmingham
Birmingham 2-4 Watford
Dumbarton 0-3 Birmingham
Leyton Orient 1-3 Birmingham
Crystal Palace 0-2 Birmingham
Birmingham 5-0 GH Academy

August 2009

TRANSFERS
0,,10289~3400476,00.jpg

I started August by signing Lee Wallace from Hearts on a deal worth £3.4m after selling David Murphy to West Brom for £2.4m.

My first match of the month was a friendly with Juventus in which we were defeated 2-0, i wasn't too bothered about this, and told the team not to worry. So my first Premier League match of the season was a 2-2 draw with Liverpool at Anfield, I found this result a great start to the season.

My second game was very dramatic, it was a 1-1 draw with Fulham. Fulham scored in the 90th minute, I thought it was all over, but we scored with the last kick of the ball in the 93rd minute.

Then came my third came, which was a really embarrassing 4-1 defeat to West Ham.

After the West Ham match I thought the team would struggle in the League Cup against Leeds, but the outcome was a 3-0 win.

I ended the month with my first premier league win over Stoke, 1-0, this meant that by the end of August, Birmingham were 14th in the league with 5 points.

The St Andrew's Monthly

Issue September 2009

Disappointing month for Birmingham fans
_44645556_fans203getty.jpg

So, September has not been a month to be proud of, not a single win.

West Brom 1-0 Birmingham - Probably the most disappointing result of all, a defeat in a derby match.

Birmingham 1-1 Man Utd - St Andrews hosted the Red Devils, the squad put in a great performance. Nikola Zigic won man of the match and had a goal questionably chalked off for offside.

Blackburn 3-2 Birmingham - Knocked out in the 3rd round of the league cup. We were down 3-0 at half time, and despite a well fought battle to try an come back, Birmingham were not good enough.

Sunderland 2-1 Birmingham - Another defeat, a good start with an early goal from Zigic but after the goal, Birmingham just switched off and a 2-1 defeat was the outcome.

After a poor month, Birmingham are 16th on 6 points, only 3 points above bottom placed Newcastle.
Other News

European clubs chase Jerome
_44645720_jerome_ap.jpg

Cameron Jerome has been attracting interest from top European Clubs, including Lyon, Marseille and Fenerbahce. Jerome, who still has 5 years left on his contract, has admitted he is flattered by the interest, but manager Chris Prow has insisted the player is not for sale.

Phillips joins Atalanta
0,,10794~3741623,00.jpg

Chris Prow has allowed veteran striker Kevin Phillips to leave Birmingham for Italy. Phillips has joined Atalanta, after Prow released the striker.

Finally, the St Andrews Monthly player of the month is Nikola Zigic, with an average rating of 7.52

Status
Not open for further replies.