Ps3 Black screen problem

St_Silver

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a problem with my PS3 now, I wonder if you guys know any way to solve it.

After downloading the most recent system update, as it was installing it looked like it didn't go all the way to 100% and tell me it was completed, it just restarted my PS3. Now, while that's all fine and dandy, the second I pressed the play button on a game, the screen just cuts to black and nothing happens, the controllers don't work, I can't press the psn button to turn it off and I had to turn off the power switch at the back.

Now when I turn it on it always says "A problem occured the last time the PS3 system was switched off and the system did not turn off correctly."
It then gives me an option to report the problem. Now whether I select yes or no, it doesn't matter it goes to this:

"The system was not turned off properly the last time it was used
the file system of the hard disk may be corrupted.

This system will reset, check the file system and restore it if it is corrupted. If the file system is corrupted, it may take 2 to 3 hours to complete."

If I select enter, the screen cuts to black and nothing happens, I dunno if it's supposed to be this way, but Im assuming not. I dont want to leave it there for 3 hours if nothing is happening.

If I select back, it goes to the normal PS3 home page, then I can do what I want there, check my friends lists, etc,etc. But when I select to enter the game, the screen cuts to black once again and the whole process repeats.

Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Hmmmm, I dont know but you could simply try this. Turn off at the back, pull out the plug for 10 seconds, put back in and try again. My sky has had a similar problem a few times but doing that sorted it

Also, have you tried ejecting the disc and putting it back in to see what happens?

Last edited: