Ps3 YLOD repair

should i sell my ps3 and get an xbox

• sell it not repaired with heavy rain stuck in it

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • sell it fixed and sell all the stuff i got with it sepretly (sp)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • keep my ps3 and hope for the best

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

come on urzzz

Reaction score
as i have got the ylod for the second time 3 weeks ago it looks like i have to get it repaired again so should i get it repaired then sell it and get a xbox?

woops mucked up the poll if it ends before you can vote just post ure answer

Last edited:
If you want, more Xbox's get the RROD more than PS3's getting the YLOD though.

yeah i would like to have a ps3 but it broke down after about 3 weeks of having it back so :Sand most of my m8s have xbox

Get your money back and buy a new one? Mine's never broken and I have the 80GB one.

That's about the only excuse PS3 users can give about Xbox.That it crashes a lot and you get RRoD probably in the first six months you get it.Boo hoo.So what?

Better gaming,more user-friendly interface,more players online,better games..

Probably over 90% of FM-Base have Xbox 360's.Get an Xbox imo.

I had the 60GB one and that got the YLOD. Got an 80GB one the other day and Sony said it won't break, if it does they will give me a new one for nothing. My mates have the Xbox as-well. One of my mates had had 4 different Xbox's now because of the problem.

That's about the only excuse PS3 users can give about Xbox.That it crashes a lot and you get RRoD probably in the first six months you get it.Boo hoo.So what?

Better gaming,more user-friendly interface,more players online,better games..

Probably over 90% of FM-Base have Xbox 360's.Get an Xbox imo.

That's quite a bad thing though, the reliability :S

Hey guys just thought i would give you some info. I had the orginal playstation3 when it came out. Mine sadly stopped working alltogether in novemeber 2009. Now i was well outside the 1 year warranty. Sony said they cant do anything but fix it for £99.00. Now i felt that was really unfair considering the amount i paid on the thing. So i contacted the http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/ told them my situation and this is what they said. "

Thank you for your enquiry to Consumer Direct dated 28/09/2009.
Your reference number for this case is SC-CC-00588587 and should be quoted in all further correspondence regarding this case.

Based on the information supplied within your e mail I would advise that you have statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. If goods are not as described/not of a satisfactory quality/not fit for purpose made known at the time of sale by you or the seller, you may be entitled to a repair/replacement or in certain instances to reject the goods and request a refund/partial refund; this will depend on individual circumstances.
The manufacturer will only be liable if the product is covered by a valid warranty/guarantee, if the guarantee supplied with the product has now expired the manufacturer would not be obliged to have to repair at no cost.

Your rights under the Sale of Goods Act are against the trader from whom you purchased the goods and are valid for a period of up to 5 years in Scotland and you could initially pursue them for a repair.
As the console is over 6 months the burden of proof to show the goods had an inherent fault at purchase would be with you if this is raised by the trader.

I would advise speaking with the company that the goods were purchased in the first instance and see what response you receive from them.
If you would like to get back in touch at that point it may be that further advice can be given

Please can you confirm which trader the goods were purchased from.

If you require any further advice or information about this case, please do not hesitate to contact Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06 quoting the case reference number.

Kathryn
Consumer Direct Scotland
Tel: 08454 04 05 06"
Basically in short i took the playstation back with (proof of purchase) to where i bought it from and got a brand new playstation slim. Now the law does state its five years in scotland and 2-3 years in England. Hope this helps as it was a saviour to me. Now i know you are thinking that they wouldnt do it trust me they manager said the law is only for 3 years and i just said no five years in scotland and his answer was what do i want a brand new one or refurb?

lol lol any questions just ask

But people can't be *******.

All it takes it a good dusting every,I dunno,week? That's all and there won't be any sign of RRoD.Simples.

Yeah because we all love to dust our xbox 360's. Its not dust that causes them to break either. :)

just got this ylod today totaly gutted was just getting the hang of fifa 11

The only chance of a RROD these days is if you buy a 360 second hand, newer chipsets are more reliable. But, if you like your PS3, why get a 360? You just got unlucky by the sound of it, get another Playstation.

I had the 60GB one and that got the YLOD. Got an 80GB one the other day and Sony said it won't break, if it does they will give me a new one for nothing. My mates have the Xbox as-well. One of my mates had had 4 different Xbox's now because of the problem.

Neither slim consoles can get the RROD or YLOD, so your best bet is to go for one of them.

If you want, more Xbox's get the RROD more than PS3's getting the YLOD though.

Not really.... Obviously the 1st release of 360's was horrendous for RROD, but the new Jasper 360's (well there around 2yrs old now) and are pretty much fault free and I've never heard of anyone complaining about overheating...I can't say much for the new slim model but I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't be as stupid to go down the Red light road again ...But both consoles have major issues with there dvd/blu-ray drives so I suppose it's all on preference..