PS4 or Xbox One?

• PS4

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

mld81

Reaction score
Anyone here planning to get a next gen console and if so which one do you favour?

I won't be. I just don't find either appealing, and then there's the cost of the games too and any subscription costs a la Xbox live. Sticking with the desktop.

PS4, mostly due to me owning every other PS console. It'll more than likely end up unused for large periods of time like my PS3 is, desktop is what I use 99% of the time.

Despite having all Sony and Microsoft platorms over the past im sticking to PC gaming. Cheaper games, free online play, better graphics, better indie selection and no gimmicks that you wont use. All for the same price as a "next gen" console. Also will always be backwards compatible. PC gamings where its at :)

If i get one im getting PS4 but i will probably stick with the good old PC

I've got the PS1, the PS2 and the PS3. Never really been into XBox, so I'll stick to the PS4. Knowing me, it'll probably end up collecting dust most of the time, as I'm more into PC Gaming.

i'm totally undecided and I just cannot make my mind up this is my conflict.

xbox one - everyone who I currently game with on a regular basis is getting one so I would like to get one to keep gaming with the group of online buddies I have already. However with all that's going on with M$ i'm not real confident in that machine I don't give a **** if I can watch sky on it etc that's why I have a skybox

PS4 - seems like its been built for gamers, more powerful from what I hear and 80 quid cheaper and no Kinect but the light on the pad never switches off that could be annoying and not as many exclusives as the xbox.

or I build a new pc and go down that route and get all the benefits all you guys mention and just keep my 360 coz to be fair theres gunna be some life in the old girl for little while yet you would think I don't know i'm not getting either at launch going to just wait and see what is best I think

PS4 - seems like its been built for gamers, more powerful from what I hear and 80 quid cheaper and no Kinect but the light on the pad never switches off that could be annoying and not as many exclusives as the xbox.

The light only stays on if the developers want it to be on. (Or are too lazy to tell it to turn off)

Probably PS4, only because most of the people I would play with are likely to be on PS4, and the main games I want are multi-platform anyway.

at the mo me and my mates play xbox as better chating system and like controller more but all my mates are getting PS4 i currently have PS3 and xbox 360 play xbox more but PS are making controller bigger also design looks better £80 cheaper and dont need to pay for online so think were all going PS4

PS4
+ cheaper
+ more advanced RAM technology (GDDR5 vs DDR3)
+ smaller body
+ weigh less
+ Dualshock 4 is just amazing

One:

+ game exclusives (Gawd, i want Forza so badly)
+ mandatory game installs
+ kinect 2 (higher fidelity, uses 1080p cameras, IR sensor)
+
HDMI pass-thru for TV operation
+ voice commands

PS4, I have no reason to get an XBox One.

I am totally undecided about this. They really don't seem particularly different to me, and although the PS4 is £80 cheaper, the Xbox is about £10 less a year for online. If only Sony hadn't sold themselves out and just kept with free online :'(

I am undecided as to if I will get either. My PC spanks them both, so I have no reason to get them

The only thing that is making me even consider one is fifa.

On PS4 do you need to pay for online monthly or can you do it for a whole year like gold on xbox ?

If I get one, it will be a ps3 from cash converters.
The older I get the less I seem to care about the latest console (my first was an Acetronic MPU-1000)

So I'll spend the money saved upgrading my desktop.