PSA: Multiple Accounts (Includes apology from TFF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam

Reaction score
Hi All,

Today we discovered a breach of our terms of service in quite a scale I didn’t expect a few days before Christmas.

Firstly on behalf of FM-Base, I want to apologise for allowing this to happen.

I believe providing transparency is key and today around 75 accounts were discovered with the same external IP address, some dated back to 2015, some 2018 and others very recent. With a varied amount of posting and reacting to recent threads created by TFF (TotalFootballFan).

To top it off there was also negative feedback from the accounts posted on the hard work of other tactic authors, along with negative ratings.

This is misleading to you as a community and we have since taken action. All of the alt accounts have had their comments and reactions removed along with being banned.

As you may have guessed, these accounts originated from the same IP address as what TFF uses and he has issued an apology.

TotalFootballFan9 said:
Hey guys,

Today, I received a message from Liam where he said that he thinks that there have been some "fake news" / "fake posts" :) activity in my threads and to say honestly, few members of my family really were periodically posting some stuff to support me.

If you'd ask me I find it's very insignificant amount of posts but Liam said that he said that he found many suspicious accounts and the evidence is substantial so I can't argue with him… he's the boss.

He said that he banned all suspicious accounts and removed all suspicious posts from my threads so now all my threads should be clean as a little angel's tear! :)

From now there shouldn't any speculation about any "fake news" / "fake posts" in my threads because Liam will be vigorously watching it :devilish: and if there'll be any suspicion activity in my thread then I'm a dead man!

I want to apologies before the FM community if those posts were misleading for someone but as I said from now all threads have been cleaned from suspicious posts by Liam and I'm under the watchful eye of Liam! You can be sure that my threads are free from "fake news" / "fake posts" and Liam will be on guard! :)

Once more my apologies!

Since TFF has apologised and been a pivotal gear in the FM community we have decided against banning. 75 warning points has also been placed on the account and we will be monitoring more vigorously going forward.

We hope you can forgive TFF, and us here at FM-Base for not spotting this sooner. I assure you this will not be happening again, from any individual, under any circumstance.

At FM-Base we aim to provide the best community possible and to do that we require honesty. We will build on from this and continue to strive to be the best community possible.

We wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Kind regards,

The FM-Base Team

UPDATE: Evidence on imgur (all IPs blurred to protect his personal identity)
UPDATE 2: TFF releases a new statement here.

UPDATE 3: TFF Banned

UPDATE 4: SI make their decision

Final FM Base Statement

A massive thanks to the community for your patience with us whilst we looked further into the circumstances surrounding TFF's actions.

A final decision has been made this morning in regards to TFF. Given the severity of his actions we have decided that we have no choice but to ban him.

Our investigation was thorough and we travelled quite far back in time. From what we can tell there have been multiple instances of VPN usage and also a previous history of conflict with other tactic creators.

Let this also serve as a warning, it doesn't matter who you are, it doesn't matter how many people follow you. If you choose to disrespect and manipulate other creators, then there is no home for you on FM Base.

Last edited:
Shame your not on SI Games Forum Liam..... I checked it and seems like there are some 'fake accounts' who have posted some results on that as well.

Sad thing though, most people would be banned for such activity but I guess you still need the pull of some of TFF's tactics..... even if over 70 fake profiles are the main reason the tactics 'look' good.

Shame your not on SI Games Forum Liam..... I checked it and seems like there are some 'fake accounts' who have posted some results on that as well.

Sad thing though, most people would be banned for such activity but I guess you still need the pull of some of TFF's tactics..... even if over 70 fake profiles are the main reason the tactics 'look' good.

It's not so much a case of being afraid to ban him. He's made a mistake and maybe he hasn't fully owned it yet, but the evidence is there if he wants to take a look at it thoroughly.

I'm reluctant to ban him because he has consistently produced tactics for 10+ years and it'd be a shame for it to end like this.

Last chance saloon.

Liam most people would be banned for such activity. But as you say the guy has been here for a long time and contributed greatly to this site. I hate seeing this sort of thing though, as this site has a lot of great members who for the most part are honest.

Liam most people would be banned for such activity. But as you say the guy has been here for a long time and contributed greatly to this site. I hate seeing this sort of thing though, as this site has a lot of great members who for the most part are honest.

Absolutely and I agree. I was initially in team banhammer but I believe given that he does genuinely create good tactics every year, he needs to be given the benefit of the doubt and one last chance.

I've given my opinions on this internally to the FM Base team. His contribution to FM Base and the FM community as a whole can not go unnoticed. He's been given the evidence and given what he classifies as a response to the evidence. Now let's see if anything further is noticed in this case. I for one would hope not. At the end of the day, it's his reputation that he's tarnishing.

I dont want to get into if anyone should be banned or not .Although I would say as an adult its hard for me to believe that 75 fake accounts were ran by family members lol.
If someone asks me I would say it was him .

Had it just been self-promoting, there would be no harm done, but going all the way to give negative feedback to everyone else...

Hi all, I updated OP with some evidence.

Hi all, I updated OP with some evidence.
Jesus that evidence is brutal!!!!!!

Also from seeing the names of some of his 'family members' I can see some are on SI Games as well. Hopefully they will get on this asap and do the right thing.

Jesus that evidence is brutal!!!!!!

Also from seeing the names of some of his 'family members' I can see some are on SI Games as well. Hopefully they will get on this asap and do the right thing.

Nice mixture of names under the same roof too.

Eduardo, Raul Navas, Oliver, Panuchi, David, Diego Lopes, Frank... Yup. Okay.

Nice mixture of names under the same roof too.

Eduardo, Raul Navas, Oliver, Panuchi, David, Diego Lopes, Frank... Yup. Okay.
See to me he hasn't owned up to anything, he has just been caught and then made up a well and truly great excuse in that it was his family..............

Anyway all evidence speaks for itself and you guys have done 1 part of the right thing by making it public.

I'd hate to see a person going back this far in the community get the banhammer. However, certain rules ban for ALOT less.
And that he has also gone the way to downvote and talk bad about other creators is one step to far!I
I dont want to **** on peoples sugar here, but are FM-Base now saying, that as long as you are a contributor, and a long standing member, that you can do this as long as you have an some sort of apology?

To me, rules are rules - but all this looks like, is that if you do the right things, it can be overlooked.
I'll wait eagerly to see/hear what happens. But I dont doubt SI will ban him, and that then leaves FM-Base.
If TFF stays on, I will be blacklisting FM-Base. I love you guys, but I can't, and will not stand for this.

I'd hate to see a person going back this far in the community get the banhammer. However, certain rules ban for ALOT less.
And that he has also gone the way to downvote and talk bad about other creators is one step to far!I
I dont want to **** on peoples sugar here, but are FM-Base now saying, that as long as you are a contributor, and a long standing member, that you can do this as long as you have an some sort of apology?

Definitely not. It's his first offence here and I really hope with time to reflect that he will amend his apology.

As stated above, I was firmly in camp banhammer, but it's important to note someone's contributions and also to listen to others.

We've made an example here, let's see how it plays out and if we uncover more alt accounts, and we are still investigating, then perhaps we will increase the punishment.

Reactions: J3E
Definitely not. It's his first offence here and I really hope with time to reflect that he will amend his apology.

As stated above, I was firmly in camp banhammer, but it's important to note someone's contributions and also to listen to others.

We've made an example here, let's see how it plays out and if we uncover more alt accounts, and we are still investigating, then perhaps we will increase the punishment.
First offence or not, this has to be a ban!

I mean using over 70 accounts to fake your own tactic is bad and really he should be shunned for that on the forum, but to use those other accounts to downvote others hard work is terrible!

I have been about for a long time, since the Champ Man days and been an active member on this site for a long time, and even longer on SI site, and this is the worst thing I have seen, orchestrated over years!

I truly hope other great tactic makers on this site get the recognition they deserve once TFF is forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.