PSA: Multiple Accounts (Includes apology from TFF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First offence or not, this has to be a ban!

I mean using over 70 accounts to fake your own tactic is bad and really he should be shunned for that on the forum, but to use those other accounts to downvote others hard work is terrible!

I have been about for a long time, since the Champ Man days and been an active member on this site for a long time, and even longer on SI site, and this is the worst thing I have seen, orchestrated over years!

I truly hope other great tactic makers on this site get the recognition they deserve once TFF is forgotten.

I hear you and I'm in agreement. I'm waiting to see what action SI take over on their forum.

d0e41354abb526ca24f14334503aebca.png

Wonder if any of those are fake :ROFLMAO:

The problem for me is the amount of users who have left this forums after arguements with his defenders going back at least 3-4 years.

Even worse, how many have used some of the "upvoted" tactics under false pretenses of fake results being posted from fake users?
We know some of his tactics have been great, so why make people use tactics that are not as good but are being "put up" by fake users?
These users must feel betrayed. How many have been tricked into worse game experiences than they could have had, because of misrepresented quality of tactics?
Who knows? Maybe some have lost motivation for playing that version, and ended up not buying the next?

And even worse is the tactic-makers being out down by the fake posts showing their tactics as not working, when in fact they might be. How many have stopped? Lost motivation?
We will never know.

I`ve just found in my own mesenger log talk about this subject with a friend as long back as 17 may 2016. We suspected even then.
We cant know for sure.

Me and my mate left FMBASE around 2017, having had enough. I mooved on to SI.
I came back this year of 6th desember, finding not much has changed in this regard.

But at least now it seems the new ownership is taking this seriously. Well done to you for that!

The problem for me is the amount of users who have left this forums after arguements with his defenders going back at least 3-4 years.

Even worse, how many have used some of the "upvoted" tactics under false pretenses of fake results being posted from fake users?
We know some of his tactics have been great, so why make people use tactics that are not as good but are being "put up" by fake users?
These users must feel betrayed. How many have been tricked into worse game experiences than they could have had, because of misrepresented quality of tactics?
Who knows? Maybe some have lost motivation for playing that version, and ended up not buying the next?

And even worse is the tactic-makers being out down by the fake posts showing their tactics as not working, when in fact they might be. How many have stopped? Lost motivation?
We will never know.

I`ve just found in my own mesenger log talk about this subject with a friend as long back as 17 may 2016. We suspected even then.
We cant know for sure.

Me and my mate left FMBASE around 2017, having had enough. I mooved on to SI.
I came back this year of 6th desember, finding not much has changed in this regard.

But at least now it seems the new ownership is taking this seriously. Well done to you for that!

We do take it seriously and I'm hoping our tactic testing will be able to highlight that there are in-fact other tacticians that produce great tactics.

who runs TFF's Hot Tub? reason I ask is his tactic is topping that league

Apparently, TFF's Hot Tub uses a testing system based on TFF's own previous work. But I'm not certain.

Apparently, TFF's Hot Tub uses a testing system based on TFF's own previous work. But I'm not certain.
Can confirm this. TFF mentioned it to me this morning in a conversation.

Liam, what you revealed today is very helpful for us. You already mentioned that he has been warned and the next he will be banned. I saw the downvotes you posted (and that's bad I completly agree), but I could not see where/if any of those accounts left bad feedback/comments on other creators tactics. If that's the case I am really disapointed by TFF.
I also see some agitators here that asked you and the other admins to ban TFF, even though you already decided to warn him this time and monitor his IP vigorously (which I 100% support you on this decision). My belief is that he wasn't the only one doing that and in all fairness you should be doing some detailed investigations into other users too , which I know it may take some time but I'm sure it's worth it on the long run. I think many comments made by fake accounts are being erased as we speak by other users and I don't believe it's ok to crucify only one guy over this matter (not saying that the admins are doing the crucifixion, but a handful of trolls). If you look at TFFs previous tactics, there are thousands of comments and millions of views (per tactic) and as much as you would think 75 fake accounts are contributing, you will never get to those numbers. Only for the FM2019 tactic (which for me worked perfectly) TFF has 2 million views which is at least 4 times more than the next tactic (all due respect to those guys too).

The guy shouldn't have done that, he agreed, you agreed, we all agreed to that and he apologised, but that doesn't change the fact that he may not be the only one doing that (so he might have been affected by that too) and at least TFFs tactics were the best for the majority of the members here. Everyone does stupid things and I do believe that everyone deserves a second chance. Let's not be so harsh and hasty with others, when 99% of us are not applying the same standards to ourselves.

Liam, what you revealed today is very helpful for us. You already mentioned that he has been warned and the next he will be banned. I saw the downvotes you posted (and that's bad I completly agree), but I could not see where/if any of those accounts left bad feedback/comments on other creators tactics. If that's the case I am really disapointed by TFF.
I also see some agitators here that asked you and the other admins to ban TFF, even though you already decided to warn him this time and monitor his IP vigorously (which I 100% support you on this decision). My belief is that he wasn't the only one doing that and in all fairness you should be doing some detailed investigations into other users too , which I know it may take some time but I'm sure it's worth it on the long run. I think many comments made by fake accounts are being erased as we speak by other users and I don't believe it's ok to crucify only one guy over this matter (not saying that the admins are doing the crucifixion, but a handful of trolls). If you look at TFFs previous tactics, there are thousands of comments and millions of views (per tactic) and as much as you would think 75 fake accounts are contributing, you will never get to those numbers. Only for the FM2019 tactic (which for me worked perfectly) TFF has 2 million views which is at least 4 times more than the next tactic (all due respect to those guys too).

The guy shouldn't have done that, he agreed, you agreed, we all agreed to that and he apologised, but that doesn't change the fact that he may not be the only one doing that (so he might have been affected by that too) and at least TFFs tactics were the best for the majority of the members here. Everyone does stupid things and I do believe that everyone deserves a second chance. Let's not be so harsh and hasty with others, when 99% of us are not applying the same standards to ourselves.

Hi, a lot of comments were removed when we deleted the alt accounts as requested by TFF himself. He said he wouldn't make an apology until we did so.

We checked all the IPs of other tactic creators and can confirm there's only one case here, nobody else is guilty.

Hi, a lot of comments were removed when we deleted the alt accounts as requested by TFF himself. He said he wouldn't make an apology until we did so.

We checked all the IPs of other tactic creators and can confirm there's only one case here, nobody else is guilty.
He should of been banned straight away! What he has done is despicable and his ‘apology’ is a joke! Blaming everyone else!

I don’t see the point in all this being released unless he was being banned and I feel sorry for the other genuine tactic creators here that have had there tactics downvoted.

he should of been banned. Simple.

He should of been banned straight away! What he has done is despicable and his ‘apology’ is a joke! Blaming everyone else!

I don’t see the point in all this being released unless he was being banned and I feel sorry for the other genuine tactic creators here that have had there tactics downvoted.

he should of been banned. Simple.

It’s really not that simple unfortunately and we want to give people a chance. Yes it was an error on his part, but he’s also produced a lot for the community and bought many joy.

We are still investigating and if we uncover anything else we may change our stance. But for now, we want to offer the platform for conversation between us, himself and the community.

And you guys think that his family had all those accounts?

Some maybe but not all

And you guys think that his family had all those accounts?

Some maybe but not all

The problem with the internet is we cannot say with proof who is sitting behind the screen. It would make this a lot easier, but we cannot sadly.

As we have said, we are still investigating and while in my opinion it does sound unlikely that none of the 75 accounts were created by himself, we want to unravel the whole story first before making something so final such as a ban decision.

Darkon reply is a ******* insult as 75 fake accounts is beyond belief, even for an extending family that play FM.

I do not care a **** if you use my tactics.
It has been mentioned by a fake account for TFF to monetise his tactics, this is wrong and trying to extort money and if true a serious scam/

Status
Not open for further replies.