Marc Cribbin

Reaction score
PSG Champions - My PSG Story
View attachment 218292

Hello.

I would first off like to introduce myself. My name is Marc, I am from Ireland, and I just started playing Football Manager this year. I have contemplated writing a story for the past few weeks, specifically with my PSG save from last week but I never got around to it. But after thinking about it, I have decided to finally put pen to paper (not really...) and take up the manager role at PSG and I am hoping you will join me in my journey to leading the French club back to greatness!

I will be trying to use a variety of forms in my writing (my own personal thoughts, interviews, online articles, and hopefully some others) and will also be hoping to get some reader comments along the way, as I find the story is always more entertaining when the readers have a say. Hoping you guys can critique and criticize what you like and what you don’t like, and help me with player positions, roles, transfers and the other difficulties of being a football manager.

In a brief press conference today, Magolti made it clear that he enjoyed managing the side and hoped he would be remembered for the great seasons and not for the lack of trophies that many of the fans continue to be disappointed with. "Football is not what is was when I first came to France in 1999. I have tried to adapt to compete with the likes of Lille, Marseille and Lyon, but I just cannot accept this style of management." Le Professeur continued to explain that the consistency PSG has shown under his tenure and the style in which his teams have always played can be appreciated by the fans.

Magolti will always be remembered for his expansive football and his incredible dealings in the transfer market through buying young players, developing them into stars, and selling them for incredible profits.

PSG will make an announcement later in the day on a new appointment for the vacant managerial position at the club.

Press Conference

Press Conference

Nasser Al-Khelaïfi: Welcome everyone. As president of the board here at Paris Saint-Garmain, I would first like to state my thanks to former manager Carlos Magolti. Carlos has brought much success and support to our club, and on behalf of all PSG fans, our sincerest thanks and well wishes to him and his future endeavors.
And now, without further adieu, I would like to introduce our 20th manager at the club, Marc

(Applause as Al-Khelaïfiand Marc shake hands)

Nasser Al-Khelaïfi: We will now open the floor for a few questions.

Journalist: You sit here as the new manager at PSG. Is this your dream job?

Marc: I am absolutely delighted to be named the new manager here at PSG, and I’m really looking forward to getting started on the job.

Journalist: Do you feel replacing such a successful manager like Carlos Magolti puts greater pressure on you to succeed?

Marc: I would like to congratulate Carlos on all of his successes over the years at this club. Carlos is one of the reasons I pursued management, and he is truly one of my idols. Do I feel pressure? I feel that most of us do our best under stressful and pressure-filled situations, and I hope to do the same.

Journalist: You arrive with the summer transfer window open, can we expect any signings?

Marc: Along with my backroom staff and others, we are keeping a close eye on 4 players. Moussa Sow is our main target. Moussa is a quality player & we hope we can get him ASAP. We are also keeping an eye on Josh McEachran, Federico Macheda, Vasilis Torosidis & Beria. I am always looking for young talent that will help the club in the future as well as players that can step into the squad immediately and help with our success at the present time, and assist them as they bloom into an even stronger player.

Journalist: Will we continue to see attractive and expansive football under your management?

Marc: Absolutely. This club has the players to succeed with this strategy, and as long as we remain responsible at the back, which is another priority of mine, we will do our best to entertain on the pitch.

Nasser Al-Khelaïfi: Last one, our new man has to head off and do a little prep work for the upcoming season.

Journalist: We all know PSG hasn’t won a trophy since 2009. How much of a priority is it to succeed this year as many have already become extremely impatient with the empty trophy cabinets?

Marc: This team is surrounded with quality. We have quality players on and off the pitch, spectacular facilities, a strong group of staff members, and of course the greatest fans in the world. The combination of all these factors will hopefully lead to success on the field, and I will be giving my all to bring home some silverware this season.

Nasser Al-Khelaïfi: We will now have a quick opportunity for some photos and thank you to everyone for coming out this afternoon.

An absolutely incredible day, being confirmed as the new manager of PSG is a dream come true. The interview was something very different for me, but I’ll just have to get used to the media wanting to know EVERYTHING about the club. I now have to begin focusing on the upcoming season. Most notably, Mr. Al-Khelaïfi has reminded me that this will mark the 125 year anniversary of the club, thus making this season of even greater importance.

Preseason

Thoughts From the Manager

Though many do not care much for tactics, one of my passions since I was young was analyzing formations. One of the great things about football is that not a single team in the world plays in an identical fashion. Though many teams line up in a 4-4-2 on a team sheet, on the field each team and individual player has a unique role for his squad. These distinctive tweaks to each players position and role in a game can either make the manager look like a genius when he gets the tactics right, or look like an absolute fool when the game doesn’t go to plan.

Here are a look at the formations I plan to use this coming season: View attachment 218349

I will most likely be using the 4-2-3-1 tactic regularly. This formation offers great coverage defensively with the holding midfielder, and allows the three attacking players to create chances and focus solely on this aspect of the game.The 4-2-3-1 formation will likely be used when facing weaker sides, allowing another player to move into an attacking position more frequently and allowing Bodmer, Nene & Pastore a chance to have a free role and create plays.

And now to give these formations a shot in game.

Thoughts From the Manager

Some great news to wake up to the morning of July 22, 2011 as LOSC Lille left-back Franck Béria had accepted our contract offer and will join us immediately after a _____offer. This was a successful first signing of the season to help sure up our defence. His defensive qualities are much stronger than those of Sakho, and the plan will be to have him play against stronger attacking teams. View attachment 218457

Preseason
Our first two games of the preseason saw us come up against our Reserves and followed that with a trip to Austria to take on LASK Linz . These games were expected to be fairly straight forward, and they were in convincing 6-0 and 3-0 score lines.

A week trip to Switzerland saw us take on Schötz. It was great to visit Switzerland and to see firsthand how many football and PSG fans there were in the country. Again, these three teams were ones the squad should be beating, and I decided to give the first team 45 – 60 minutes and the reserves the final portions of the preseason games. A particular highlight from the trip was a Erdinç solo run off the opening kickoff in the game against Schötz, scoring just 18 seconds into the match. Grameiro was also able to get on the score sheet in the final game against Schötz in which he played the full 90 minutes, and the hometown fans were delighted to see him play.

On the our return to Europe, I began to focus on looking for talent to sign, and I sat down with some of the scouts and staff to narrow the search down to a select few. Included on the shortlist of positions we would look into purchasing were a right back, left back, central midfielder and a striker. Several bids were made, and contract talks had begun.

Later in the day, we travelled to England to take on Manchester United in our first real test of the season. Unfortunatly we lost the game 3-0 & I admit we deserved to lose.

More transfers were confirmed on the 24th as three players joined our team.Moussa Sow, the 26 year old French striker signed for ____ and is one to score goals. A strong all-round player and has developed into a world class striker. Also joining is Striker Frederico Macheda from Man Utd for around €1 million loan deal. Many of the fan forums were littered with mixed reviews of the signing, but I am very pleased with the player’s quality. Sow & Macheda will provide steel up front and at only 26 years of age, another signing who will only get better. Any finally, right-back Torosidis was signed for _____. Possessing great pace and technical ability, Torosidis will challenge the teams current full-backs for games this season.

View attachment 218458View attachment 218459View attachment 218460