Reaction score
Hi there. I've been trying to play with PSV and can't seem to have any success. I am admittedly not great at this game, so any general advice would be good. Or is my major issue the same in real life as most of my players are just young and developing?

Hi there. I've been trying to play with PSV and can't seem to have any success. I am admittedly not great at this game, so any general advice would be good. Or is my major issue the same in real life as most of my players are just young and developing?

Rubbish! Most of your players are MUCH better than in real life. Use this; http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/143309-different-451-tactic-success.html

I've won the UEFA Cup with PSV in my first season using the SSJ Tweak.

Buy B?ttner (2,5M), Finnbogason(7M), De Vrij(3M), Van Anholt(1M), Kara(4M) and Zuculini/Sissok(free). If you need cash, sell Toivonen (12M) and Matavz (13M).

Use Zoet or Tyton as your goalkeeper. I believe Tyton is slightly better at the start, but Zoet can grow (much) more. Probably use Tyton against stronger opponents.

RB = Van Anholt (De Vrij against stronger opponents) or Arias.
LB = Rekik. Willems is weak defensive, so be wary of this.
CB = J?rgensen, by far your BEST defender. Use him with Bruma/De Vrij/Kara.
VMC = Kara/Sissoko/Zuculini
MR = Depay/Narsingh/Jozefzoon/Wijnaldum
ML = B?ttner/Narsingh/Depay/Bakkali
Playmaker = Maher/Wijnaldum/Hiljemark
MC = Wijnaldum (which will score often)/Sissoko/Hiljemark
SC = Finnbogason/Locadia/Bakkali

It should run smoothly and your youngplayers will develop much faster then you might think. Just be sure to set the training right and you're golden.

If you need more pointers (maybe in Dutch?!) just PM me.

You have a quality squad there if you ask me im into my second season now with PSV. I shipped in a lot of talent and sold a lot of players to to make some big signings. Done the double first year and got knocked out of CL for a silly red card which was bad luck could of probably got further.

Starting 11 for me now is looking like this.

GK Stegen
LB Willems
DC Belanta
DC Umtiti
RB Vrsaljko
DMC Romero
ML Bakkali
MC Hughes
MC Maher
MR Depay
ST Vietto

Vietto is the star man of the show scoring 48 goals last season and this year has 18 goals in 14 games. The only thing that worries me is that my team is not developing as well as i think they should it is probably me not getting to grips with training in this version yet.

I would say you want to try and build your squad around Maher, Depay and Bakkali they are your star youngsters for years to come if you ask me. If your going for the long haul i would suggest holding on to these 3 for sure, **** i would hold on to them anyway regardless of the offer.

Last edited: