Psycho1970's Super 8's League System

Would you Play this Database

• Total voters

psycho1970

Reaction score
Super 8's League System

The Super 8's League system is an idea I originally had for FM10 but had trouble getting to work.

The Idea is to have 8 Nations with 5 playable Leagues with 1 inactive league consisting of teams per league (24 in inactive league) playing each other twice before league splits then 4 teams play each other twice for Championship/Promotion/Relegation each nation has a FA cup and a Super Cup.

The winner of the Nation Leagues then goes onto to the Super 8 Champions League playing each other twice with the top 4 in a playoff for the Champions League Trophy

There is also a Cup Winners Cup where each Nations FA cup winners compete in a group stage the progress to a 2 legged semi final then a Final

And finally there is a Super 8 Premier Cup where the 8 Nations top division Teams play each other in a KO Cup.

I've actually completed a version of this but have had some problems with the Super 8 Competitions, I think I know the solution now but will have to rebuild the whole thing from scratch so what I would like to know is would you play it and is there anything you like/dislike or can suggest for the new build.

Decided to upload Super 8's v1 so you can see/play it and make a informed judgement.
Current problems are Cup Winners Cup, Non Super 8 nation team entered and in Group stage instead of 1 team per nation theirs 2/3 from certian nations these are the major bugs that need fixing if you see any other let me know so if v2 is built I can fix them. Thank you and please remember to vote.

sounds good. will download v1 now, but hopefully i wont get too into it before v2 is available :)

Screenshots of Super 8's League System 100% working version.

Should be downloadable in next couple of days

Looks really good
Would be perfect for Network games me thinks :)

just downloaded ! can't wait to play - i get bored quickly of the usuall set-up!
can't decide who to manage though!
great work !

Its just crash dumping for me when i try to start up the game

Are you using patch 11.1.1 and make sure your not running any other Dbs except S8 files
it was tested extensively so should work perfectly, could also try clearing game cache (search on fmbase for XML Parsing error as this has how to do it).

i am using vista, i only have the one sportsinteractive file in my documents...........

Did you unzip File or just place zipped file in folder the zipped file contains 11 separate xml files

Unzip to editor folder and they should show up

I don't have the option to unzip, only to extract. they are then placed in the editor folder, they just dont turn up on the fm11 new game screen

open up the editor folder, if there is 1 file (zipped) click extract here. if there is no files they didnt extract.
if there is 11 files then I have no idea why they arent showing in game.

Take screenshots of folders so I can take a look

bit of a mystery. i have tried it on pc and laptop and nothing appears

it needs to be put in the editor data folder not the editor folder. the correct path is:

desktop-->your user-->documents-->sportsinteractive-->footballmanager2011-->editordata

Go into preferences on FM start up screen and check the path of the folder for data files
then go to that to see what is/isnt in it

the only other thing I can think of is the config file doesnt work so try uninstall/Reinstall FM11

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Scrap what Ive just said. I,ve just spotted problem rename the file S8 XML's are in editor data this will work

rename what file?? sorry for being a pain here but am desperate to try this super 8 out?