• Thread starter Thread starter psycho1970
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 5K

psycho1970

Reaction score
PSYCHO1970's WORLD SUPER LEAGUE

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to a new style World Super League consisting of 512 teams across 8 pools(Nations)

The two main problems with a super league are 1) the top league is usually biased towards the top European nations ie England,Spain and Italy and 2) it can take too many seasons to achieve top league status if your using a smaller team, so the concept of this Db was to create a League system which gives you a chance to achieve World supremacy with any club within a couple of seasons( depending on your managerial prowess).

Each Pool has 2 Leagues and a Challenge Cup Competition.
The 4 top teams in each pool get entered into the World Super League Finals
The remaining 12 teams are entered into the World Premier Cup
The Challenge Cup Winners are entered into the Challenge Cup Finals
All 512 teams compete in the World Super Club Cup
Prize Money and TV money are very good to allow the smaller clubs financial stability and competitiveness within a few seasons

World Premier Leagues

128 teams across 8 pools (16 teams per pool)
Teams play each other twice between August and March (30 games total)
Teams placed 1st-4th progress to the World Super League Finals
Teams placed 5th-16th progress to the World Premier Cup
Prize Money £75m - 45m
5 subs out of 9
4 teams per pool relegated to World Challenge League

World Challenge Leagues

374 teams across 8 pools (48 teams per pool)
Consists of 2 sub divisions of 24 teams per sub division
Teams Play each other twice between August and June (46 games)
Top team per sub division automatic Promotion
Teams Placed 2nd-5th per sub division entered into Playoffs
Prize Money 45m - 25m
3 subs out 7
No teams Relegated

World Challenge Cups

The 48 challenge league teams per pool compete in a 2 leg knockout competition
The Winner per pool gets entered into the Challenge Cup Finals
3 subs out of 7

World Super League Finals

32 teams compete in 4 group stages (8 teams per group)
The 2 top teams per group entered into a 2 leg KO up to the Final (1 leg)
5 subs out of 9
Prize Money 1m for a win in group 500k for a draw
Final winner gets 50m

World Premier Cup

96 teams compete in 16 group stages (6 teams per group)
The Winner of each group progresses into a 2 leg KO up to the final (1 leg)
5 subs out of 9
Prize Money 500k for a win in group 250k for a draw
Final Winner gets 15m

World Challenge Cup Finals

8 teams play in a 2 leg KO up to Final (1 leg)
3 subs out of 7
Prize money 3.5m for Winner

World Super Club Cup

512 teams compete in a single KO competition over 10 stages
Prize money starts at 100000k
With the Winner netting just over 60m
5 subs out of 9

General Information

No work permits
4 loan players max at any one time
All league games televised
Premier Teams recieve 50m TV money
Challenge Teams recieve 35m TV money

This Db has been extensively tested (holidayed several times between 1 and 5 seasons) however if you find any bugs/problems dont hesitate to inform me

Installation Instructions

Extract Zip file to
C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\editor data
Start New Game make sure you have 10 files selected tick change if not and tick all Psycho1970 files (10)
On Nations Screen Tick all Euro Leagues that are enabled (8 in total)
Make sure challenge pool is active in all 8 nations
If your machine struggles with all nations and leagues selected reduce db size by selecting some nations as view only.

ENJOY

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
wow...seems a huge project!
how lobg did it take to be completed?

wow...seems a huge project!
how lobg did it take to be completed?

it took about 2 weeks had it ready a couple of weeks ago but due to internet connection/speed problems couldn't upload it.

There are 2 minor issues neither that affect game play which at the moment I cant seem to resolve the first is the lower rep teams should be in the Qualifying rounds of the World Club cup and Challenge cup but its tending to choose the higher rep teams and the second problem is in the World club Cup its choosing a small amount of teams from non selected nations but as I've said not major problems and doesn't take anything away from the game.

Looks good, just 1 thing is that some teams have the wrong countries set (just by looking at the cup screens)

Mallorca - France
Everton - Russia etc

I am dissapointed with ONE AND ONLY ONE THING! If you have already put Dinamo Zagreb to a Premier World Pool, why on earth haven't you put Hajduk Split in another instead od like ES Setif cause Hajduk has a much better squad then ES Setif and almost as good as Dinamo's.

Looks good, just 1 thing is that some teams have the wrong countries set (just by looking at the cup screens)

Mallorca - France
Everton - Russia etc

In a World Super league teams cannot retain their correct nationality within fm1, the countries your seeing in cup screens are the nation where the league pools are set ie Pool 2 is in France, player regens are determined by stadium city/nation so french teams will have french regens etc.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

I am dissapointed with ONE AND ONLY ONE THING! If you have already put Dinamo Zagreb to a Premier World Pool, why on earth haven't you put Hajduk Split in another instead od like ES Setif cause Hajduk has a much better squad then ES Setif and almost as good as Dinamo's.

To balance out pools I had to move teams about a bit based on nationality and rep, so I didnt have all the best teams playing in 1 pool and the worst playing in another, but because of the league set up if a team is good enough it will only take 1 - 2 seasons to make it to a premier league pool

Looks really good mate. I will give this a download when it gets approved.

pyscho sorry, this is off topic, but i saw teams called ''j-league all stars'' on screenshots. is there any chance in editor to create all stars team from specific division from players of that division like mls

pyscho sorry, this is off topic, but i saw teams called ''j-league all stars'' on screenshots. is there any chance in editor to create all stars team from specific division from players of that division like mls

they shouldn't be in it will take a look at screenshots and post a fix, I removed J-League east and west sides so I,ve either missed another team or uploaded wrong pool db.

if anyone notices a team that doesnt play in a competiton please let me know as I think this is why World Super Cup chooses teams outside of Pool Nations.

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:59 PM ----------

Panic over The J-League All stars aren't in the Super League pools, their one of the teams entered into the world club cup from non selected nations.

If anyone can check over a 2 season period what teams are not entered into the world cup that would be great as Im currently busy working on my next Db which is a massive project and if you like the world super cup you'll love it.

If its the same teams missing over the 2 seasons I should be able to do a fix for it but if its random teams missing then its going to be more of a complex issue. As I stated in post 4 I dont think it takes any enjoyment away from the games as a whole.

PS Luke I don't think its possible to create All star teams that can take players from other nation club teams, I think the J-League All star teams are hardcoded into the game in a similar way that the national teams are.

psycho , what background do u use ? ( does it come along with a skin ? )

psycho , what background do u use ? ( does it come along with a skin ? )

I use Steklo X1 skin with backgrounds from HERE (Geordie1981 backgrounds) and a competitions background pack which I cant remember if its an old FM10 or a new FM11 pack but probably got from FM Base downloads.

Is this working on 11.3? I would prefer this one, the European Super League have too much matches :/

Only problem I've had reported back so far is in November your asked to register a squad for the World Club Cup (I didnt put in any Squad Rules) even if you've been knocked out of it, I think this is due to the fact I over wrote the World Club Championship. All you have to do is holiday for 1 day, this tends to sort it out.

If I get time this week I will update this and the Super 8's to patch 11.3.0 but no guarantees as I have other projects on the go that need completion.

great db, psycho
some pools are easier than others (the "Holland" premier pool and challenge pool A are just INSANE, particularly the CP, with the likes of man city and olympique lyonnais), but it is a really enjoyable experience
only advice i could give, if you want to mix this DB with the free transfers one, expect several teams (also good ones such as AS Roma) without any player bought, at least for season 1 and other great ones (such as barcelona) without star players

great db, psycho
some pools are easier than others (the "Holland" premier pool and challenge pool A are just INSANE, particularly the CP, with the likes of man city and olympique lyonnais), but it is a really enjoyable experience
only advice i could give, if you want to mix this DB with the free transfers one, expect several teams (also good ones such as AS Roma) without any player bought, at least for season 1 and other great ones (such as barcelona) without star players

Have you tried to load a free agent db alongside this, if not give it a try it may work if not let me know and I will see what I can do.

yeah, that's exactly what i did, when i said "free tranfers" i meant "free agent" database
point is, loading the FA database several teams that normally would attract great players (barcelona, juventus, etc) have few players who are not stars, while other teams cannot buy a single player and are forced to play with their youth team). i saw this happen to genoa in my challenge pool, but i looked in other pools and it also happened with Roma, Hamburg, Milan, just to mention the highest profile teams
i supposed it is due to the low amount of remaining wage budget. the AI doesn't seem to be able to switch some of the transfer budget to wages, which i tried to do with roma getting results, i.e. a 22 millions wage budget starting from a 500k one
i guess a second season will solve everything with the high competition prizes you set up, tho

Ok if I decided to make a free Agent db for the WSL, do you think same club reps per pool, same Wage budgets per pool would be a good idea.

Ok if I decided to make a free Agent db for the WSL, do you think same club reps per pool, same Wage budgets per pool would be a good idea.
yeah.i would have tried that, but i'm not that great editor guy
i've also noticed that basic wages requested by players are way lower when they are free agents. i've been able to create a team full of good youngsters with a max wage permitted of 650k and with about 12M of wage budget. some players wouldn't have worn my shirt even if i offered billions to them, but i'm new england revolution so i can't really complain about that. i guess that 20M would be a suitable "common wage budget" for the FA database

Back