psycho1970

Reaction score
For the last month or so I’ve been working on a World Super League which is about 80% complete but due to several factors mainly the slow processing speed and the fact that many things that work as they should in FM12 don’t in FM13 I've put that on hold and in the last couple of days have come up with a much smaller but still different and fun database, let me Introduce you to the...

Psycho's Flipside Super League

84 of the best teams in Fm13 based on reputation take part in two league systems, the first being The World Club League System...

World Club Elite
World Club Premier
World Club Championship
World Club League 1
World Club League 2
World Club League 3
World Club League 4

All the above leagues have 12 teams each that play each other twice between August and January With a 3 up 3 down promotion/relegation system (no promotion from top league and no relegation from bottom league)

I have set Squad Registration and rules but taking into account that with a custom database you cant use unregistered U21 players I have made the squad size 35 with no more than 25 over 23's and a minimum of 3 U23's 4 U21's and 3 U19's.

To place the teams in the leagues I used their last position(from their RL domestic leagues so teams that were placed 1st end up in the top league and those placing 2nd in the next league etc. Where there were too many teams with the last position for a league then it came down to reputation.

For Prize money, awards and referee details see below.

The second league system is The World Secondary League System...

World Secondary Elite
World Secondary Premier
World Secondary Championship
World Secondary League 1
World Secondary League 2
World Secondary League 3
World Secondary League 4

As the World Club leagues each league have 12 teams and the same promotion/relegation places but they run between January and May. No squad registration or rules(I wanted them but for some reason the game wont recognize them in game)

To place the teams in these leagues I simply reversed the World Club teams so the teams in the World Cub Elite are in World Secondary League 4

Prize money starting in the World Club Elite/World Secondary Elite is 50m going down to 11.2m for the World Club League 4/World Secondary League 4

TV money is set at 45m for all World Club Leagues (none in World Secondary Leagues)

Parachute payments is set up for World Secondary Leagues (none in World Club Leagues)apart from League 4 which has no relegation but 2m has been added to the last 3 positions in the prize money for this league.

Cups

There are three main cups in the database which are...

World Series Cup - A FA cup style competition for all 84 teams over 7 KO rounds

Prize money allocated + awards.

The Sir Alex Ferguson U23 cup – Another FA style cup for all 84 teams but for U23 players only

Prize Money Allocated.

The Norman Bates Trophy – A Super Cup for winners of the World Club Elite and World Secondary
Elite

Prize money allocated.

Reserve & U19 Leagues and Cups

A customized league system for all 84 teams has been set up containing 4 leagues and 1 cup for the Reserve & U19 teams.

Awards

Awards have been set for all the main leagues and World Series Cup, the only flaw is the Goal awards don't work (I've tried different setting but nothing seems to work).

Referee's​

To be able to get the top referees around the world to oversee the matches I've had to change their nationality to Spain.

All other things that matter

To stop the teams in the Flipside Super Leagues competing in Europe I've changed their nation and
continental cup nation to Spain, their Base Nation remains as their true nation however to allow the regens to come from their correct nation.

Also I've customised the Euro cups so Spain aren't included.

The U19 Champions cup has also been customized as due to running a customized reserve league the main teams were entering this, I tried to change it so the Flipside teams didn’t take part but it only runs for 1 season then ceases to schedule.

All other leagues have been fixed so if you want to know what life in the English, Italian, German etc leagues would be like without the big teams you can. Also fixed the Capitol One Cup so it runs properly with the reshuffle.

View attachment 341163View attachment 341164View attachment 341165View attachment 341166View attachment 341167View attachment 341168View attachment 341169View attachment 341170View attachment 341171View attachment 341172View attachment 341170View attachment 341171View attachment 341172View attachment 341173View attachment 341174
ENJOY...

Last edited:
Was Waiting for a Super League Database of ur's for this year, so delighted to atlast have one...
One question though - Wont the Game get boring after January as u again will be playing the same team against whom u have played in the First Half already Twice...and also After a few seasons a team starting in the World Secondary be promoted and wont have much competition in the 1st Division...

I actually Loved your Super 8's and Euro Super 8's Database last year...any plans to recreate that?

Anyways Very Excited for this

Was Waiting for a Super League Database of ur's for this year, so delighted to atlast have one...
One question though - Wont the Game get boring after January as u again will be playing the same team against whom u have played in the First Half already Twice...and also After a few seasons a team starting in the World Secondary be promoted and wont have much competition in the 1st Division...

I actually Loved your Super 8's and Euro Super 8's Database last year...any plans to recreate that?

Anyways Very Excited for this

In the first season you will be playing the same teams but as the seasons progress the leagues get mixed up and the teams due to the prize money/league status being mirrored the teams become more equal.

This years editor is a nightmare to work with, I hvae thought about doing something similar to the Super 8's but with the amount of work that has to go into it before you know whether its going to actually work as planned its kinda putting me off doing it.

And I have a tribute to Fergie database to start planning and this is going to take up a lot of my time.

In the first season you will be playing the same teams but as the seasons progress the leagues get mixed up and the teams due to the prize money/league status being mirrored the teams become more equal.

This years editor is a nightmare to work with, I hvae thought about doing something similar to the Super 8's but with the amount of work that has to go into it before you know whether its going to actually work as planned its kinda putting me off doing it.

And I have a tribute to Fergie database to start planning and this is going to take up a lot of my time.

What does that entail?

Sorry for the delay in uploading but I've run into a bit of a strange problem where the game is freezing when processing. The strange bit is that its random seasons though the date range is always the 1st-2nd week of June, the only games that run in these weeks is friendlies and I've checked a save game where the game is working a day or before the freeze and all custom leagues/cups have finished so its not a case of matches clashing and the season update date is June 24th so it shouldn't be anything to do with that as its 2-3 weeks before thats due.

I've just cleared my cache and verified the integrity of the game cache in the editor and am running tests to see if this solves the problem, if it doesn't I'm going to upload the Db and save-game files to the FTP and post in the Editor Bugs forum at SI Games to see if they have any clues why this is happening.

Everything sorted, problem was caused by having other FM processes running at same time. So the Download link is in the OP. I took some screen-shots of the club reps in FM Genie so you can see how the reps become more equal between teams with the flipside league systems. Any questions/feedback welcome.

Firstly well done for a brilliant database as always! :D I am currently at the 2014 World Cup stage. I have noticed if I go to the final on the schedule Spain appear in the final as the 'home' team. Is this coded into the database as the Previous winners get to the final? Or could it be some sort of glitch on my save?

Firstly well done for a brilliant database as always! :D I am currently at the 2014 World Cup stage. I have noticed if I go to the final on the schedule Spain appear in the final as the 'home' team. Is this coded into the database as the Previous winners get to the final? Or could it be some sort of glitch on my save?

I'll take a look at the file tomorrow if I have time, wednesday if not but I don't think I touched the International competitions, could you upload screenshots of World Cup semi finals and world cup past winners screen along with Spains fixtures for 2014.