Public Transport?

• Thread starter rosenrot
  • Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 2K
R

rosenrot

Like it or hate it?

I can't STAND it. I can't fully drive yet I'm still provisional, but what i really hate is that the government ask us to leave our cars at home and get the bus/train when it cost us LESS to use your own cars!! Ridiculous.

Sorry, i'm just fuming how much it costs me to get to work and back when it's like £2 cheaper to go in the car. grrrrr :irked:

I wish they could give us student passes or something...actually i wonder if they do that i know they do for college students! lol

yeah I get all my bus travel free :D problys wont need it soon though, its my bday on tuesday and hopefully learnin to drive straight away

Htae pubic transport, its expensive and takes at least 3 times as long as it would in the car.

Trains are the worst, 6.50 to go to Glasgow or Edinburgh and thats not return (well it is but its like the same price as a single which sometimes is all i need)

not had to use it much since i was 17 and passed my test but i hated the bus always full of smells and skanks. the train to glasgow is nice but always so dear

away you go with your student discount you lot get enough of my money as it is

TO be fair, you should put a percentage of tax, insurance and price of car and upkeep of it into the price of your trip to work.

I spend 6 hours+ on a train every week, costing £27.55 return (boro-hull) - and no i don't like public transport and much rather (soon) have a car!

I've barely used public transport since i passed my driving test a few years ago.

All i know about the buses in Middlesbrough are that they are far too expensive. I think it costs about £3.60 for a return into town from where I live (about 2-3 miles). I can drive there and park for less than that. It's ridiculous. The buses in Middlesbrough are always scruffy and full of scum as well. How can the government expect us to use public transport when they prices are extortionate and the quality of the service is abysmal.

I've barely used public transport since i passed my driving test a few years ago.

All i know about the buses in Middlesbrough are that they are far too expensive. I think it costs about £3.60 for a return into town from where I live (about 2-3 miles). I can drive there and park for less than that. It's ridiculous. The buses in Middlesbrough are always scruffy and full of scum as well. How can the government expect us to use public transport when they prices are extortionate and the quality of the service is abysmal.

Well it's £3.80 actually. lol

The only bus i like is the 627 though it only runs on a night time and sundays every hour it's really clean and on time. :D

How is the quality of the service abysmal? Have you ever being on foreign buses? Think yourself lucky.

I rely on the bus to get to work first thing on a saturday and whenever I want to go into town. I don't think the service has ever let me down. You do get the odd clown but this country is full of them...

How is the quality of the service abysmal? Have you ever being on foreign buses? Think yourself lucky.

Very bumpy rides, annoying smelly people, high prices.

I don't care about foreign buses. We live in England and we pay enough taxes (especially road tax etc..) for our government to help out the public transport companies to provide better services.

Lol Ad's right about foreign buses, not so much trains though, depends really. I think if you book train tickets early enough you get them for an ok price, otherwise you're screwed. Buses my area are alright, some bus servies are gash though. In Manc they are pretty good, Oxford road (main road up to town in manc) busiest bus route in europe :p

away you go with your student discount you lot get enough of my money as it is

yeah we get lots of money cos we have to pay shitloads of money!

tough **** nobody helps me out because i i have to pay **** loads on rent and car tax etc i say tough **** to students.

Trains aren't that expensive with a railcard, which i got a 5 year one free from natwest when i set my student account up :)

Buses are rip off

tough **** nobody helps me out because i i have to pay **** loads on rent and car tax etc i say tough **** to students.

Yeah but you have a full-time job. Where as we are still in full-time education and there is no way we could afford anything if we didn't get loans & grants as there just isn't enough time to get a job to bring in enough money at the same time as studying.

And kris I get **** all apart from an 800 pound loan which you get in installments, my rent is something like 2300 for the uni year as well so I would hardly say students get given a lot of money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you get money for living away from home? I know people who get like £800 a month for expenses and all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah we do, because **** like rent and stuff we wouldnt be able to afford anything, literally, if we weren't helped out. Plus we have to pay most of it back. I worked out that by the time I graduate, if I don't do another or further degree, I will be at least 18k in debt.

Don't you get money for living away from home? I know people who get like £800 a month for expenses and all that.

The money we get from the uni we all have to pay it back, unless it's a grant therefore you don't have to pay the money back at all.

I think though when i leave uni i'll be around £18,000 in debt already! Plus all the taxes i'll be having to pay etc when i get a good enough job. :p

must be different down south because uni mugs over here pay for f all. alot of people get grants etc to pay for there housing and dont need to pay it back.

i refuse to take back my statement however because its a burdon you accept going to uni