Pundits like Andy Gray? Why the players couldn't care less.

I am pro for having commentator experts in a game but I don't want those commentators to go on and on about facts that I already know and other unneccecary things, like almost all do.

Brilliant article, by the way.

Sorry but how is Hansen useless? He clearly knows alot about defending and team ethic, winning mentality etc.

Does he though? Because even if he does, he's completely useless at communicating this knowledge to his audience. I haven't ever seen or heard him say anything of any interest at all.

You seriously suggesting BBC would have kept hinm on all these years and regard him as their top pundit if he was useless?

You're talking about a corporation that came up with "Lee Nelson's Well Good Show" and regarded it as good enough to earn repeated pluggings.

So yeah, I am.

I found Andy Gray entertaining, and so did most people. Pundits might not look at all the roles in the 'zona-mista' but they get attention and cause discussions. Call them what you will, but I for one find it quite interesting

Sorry but how is Hansen useless? He clearly knows alot about defending and team ethic, winning mentality etc. You seriously suggesting BBC would have kept hinm on all these years and regard him as their top pundit if he was useless?

Well, Shearer wasn't sacked after the Algeria vs Slovenia game where he said 'we don't no much about them' which was probably the most useless display from a pundit I've ever seen.

I'd have Steve Claridge over any of them but because he lacks expression in his voice, he comes across very boring.

To be fair they all talk bull Andy Gray knew a little bit what he was on about, but I prefer listening to the fan thing on Sky when their taking the **** do they still do that?(I got to away games as well now)

But they start talking about stuff that's not to do with the game like.

"And theirs Ashley Cole ex-husband of Cheryl Cole by the way She's having a lot of luck on the X-factor now don't you think Andy"

"Yes very entertaining more than this anyway"

Then they do their stupid laugh over something that is not amusing

It's boring S**t like that lol

I know you guys are all really knowledgeable about the game, but try for a moment think about those who don't. For everyone of us that knows a lot about the game, there's at least ten that doesn't know much. Talking way too deep might put off a lot of new viewers, and I'm pretty sure commercial-wise Sky would not want that to happen. "Left footed people on the right would cut inside" is basic knowledge for us, but I still know a lot of people that would go "Oh wow!" about that.

Furthermore, I personally finds Andy Gray entertaining, and I'm sure that's what commentators are for. If I wanna know something more about the game I would go onto the internet and analyze myself instead of wanting the pundits to tell me, but that's just me.

I know you guys are all really knowledgeable about the game, but try for a moment think about those who don't. For everyone of us that knows a lot about the game, there's at least ten that doesn't know much. Talking way too deep might put off a lot of new viewers, and I'm pretty sure commercial-wise Sky would not want that to happen. "Left footed people on the right would cut inside" is basic knowledge for us, but I still know a lot of people that would go "Oh wow!" about that.

Furthermore, I personally finds Andy Gray entertaining, and I'm sure that's what commentators are for. If I wanna know something more about the game I would go onto the internet and analyze myself instead of wanting the pundits to tell me, but that's just me.

You do have a point, but the thing is with football is that it's not something people really watch as a one-off. You either follow it or you don't. As such, the people who follow football and don't know about things like inverse wingers will only need to hear it once, and will from then on remember. Those who do know don't need to hear it at all. If they mentioned it once every couple of months that would make sense. As it is, every time they mention Ashley Young, say, they'll immediately have an ****** over how right footed he is and how he plays on the left flank.

My point is rather laboured and I'm not getting it over very well, but in general they really don't need to mention it as much as they do now.

Does anyone think this secret footballer might be Gary Neville.... He was always like **** money and stuff. I always going on about the MOTD crowd on there sofas, etc etc.