Pursuit of Happyness

Redders

Get in the Van.
Reaction score
Anyone seen it?

I watched it the other morning and i have to say it is a realy good film. I initially thought "this is a woman's film" when i heard the story but it really isn't.

For those who haven't heard about it (few i'm sure);

In 1981, Chris Gardner was a struggling salesman in little needed medical bone density scanners while his wife toiled in double shifts to support the family including their young son, Christopher. In the face of this difficult life, Chris has the desperate inspiration to try for a stockbroker internship where one in twenty has a chance of a lucrative full time career. Even when his wife leaves him because of this choice, Chris clings to this dream with his son even when the odds become more daunting by the day. Together, father and son struggle through homelessness, jail time, tax seizure and the overall punishing despair in a quest that would make Gardner a respected millionaire.
So, i know that most films i like suck, but this one i really recommend you watch it! :yikes:

i really want to see it aswell might download it or just go see it at the pics.

Think i might be going to the pics to see this, looks good.

Well Kermode said it's two hours of everything going wrong and then a minute of happiness at the end. So if you like that then go see it. :)

The movie is a true story of a man named Christopher Gardner who overcame insurmountable odds in life and became a very successful broker in Wall Street. It is an inspirational movie without failing to neglect the soft spot of the poor in the man. Gardner shows his goodwill and determination by helping the needed people of South Africa. According to his Biography. I quote:

"Which is why, on this October day, Gardner keeps working those phones. It's why he's already begun writing his next book. It's why he's in talks with several networks about doing a primetime show, and why, earlier this year, he sold a minority stake in Gardner Rich to a major hedge fund. But most of all, it's why he's about to close a second round of financing -- reportedly to launch a private-equity fund focused solely on investments in South Africa."

Biography of Christopher Gardner:
http://www.mastermindtrader.com/Christopher_Gardner.html

wasnt that great tbh, very painful viewing

6.5/10

Just because someone on a forum gave it an average rating you don't want to see it for yourself? :|

but serisouly, only person whos liked it is Redders and his favourite film is Love Actually