Putting non-steam FM 2011 on steam

bradyo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I downloaded the game of some cheap site online a few weeks back, and have only just had the time to download it. The game is now on my system, but I want it to run through steam, because I really would like to have the achievements and the chat system, is there anyway I can do this without re-buying steam?

Thanks

Don't think so.

What site did you use? I will have a look into it.

Did they give you a key? To activate your copy bought outside of steam through steam, you have to enter a 25 character key.

Dont u just go on steam which is free then add non steam game to fm on libary. easy!

I entered they key that came with the email but it didn't recognise it.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Dont u just go on steam which is free then add non steam game to fm on libary. easy!

I could do that, but I don't get things like the achievements, which me and a few mates have a bet on who can get the most by the end of the year.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Don't think so.

What site did you use? I will have a look into it.

Umm I think it's called getgamesgo.com

Its the only way u can get fm11 on steam, surly thell let u have the achievemnts etc

I entered they key that came with the email but it didn't recognise it.

Umm I think it's called getgamesgo.com

Well, on the website it says you need steam to activate it, maybe you should try putting in the key again. If that doesn't work, send getgamesgo.com an email explaining your problem.

Well, on the website it says you need steam to activate it, maybe you should try putting in the key again. If that doesn't work, send getgamesgo.com an email explaining your problem.

Ahh, I think I might have downloaded the non-steam version just looking now...

The version I bought came with a bundle of sega megadrive games too (I think someone posted the link on the site somewhere)

hi guys does anyone know if i uninstall the game from steam on 1 computer will i b able to install it on another using the activation code or can the code only be activated once?

hi guys does anyone know if i uninstall the game from steam on 1 computer will i b able to install it on another using the activation code or can the code only be activated once?
You can just install steam on your second computer and login and your library will be there. You will have to install them again however. But you can use the backup feature (Right click > Backup game files) in steam and then transfer them across.

I have steam on both computers. So if i install the game through steam on the computer i dont have it on i wont need to use the activation code if i use the same account?

No, once you activate it on your steam account it is permanently linked with that account. If you login on your second machine your library will be there, just greyed out. Then just use the aforementioned backup feature to move your games across via ethernet/USB/external hard drive and install them.

Just wondering, Is there anyway I can convert a game bought on Steam to a non Steam version? Quite fed up with all the load times, graphical errors etc on steam.

Just wondering, Is there anyway I can convert a game bought on Steam to a non Steam version? Quite fed up with all the load times, graphical errors etc on steam.
Yes, you need a crack but I don't think we are allowed to discuss this here.

Discussing crack's are a massive no-no

If there's no simple and legit way to go about it, then I wouldn't be interested! But thanks :)

Games bought on Steam have to be played through Steam.