*James*

Modern Day Leg End
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm currently playing as West Ham in the second season, and my tactic is good enough, the team create plenty of chances but none of them can actually put the ball in the net, on one on one opportunities! It is getting incredibly frustrating - Especially as I have forked out £16m for someone like Lucas Barrios, and £4m in the 1st season for Ricky van Wolfswinkel.... I also have Carlton Cole and Leigh Griffiths, and very little budget. Is there anything I can do, in terms of motivating players, team talks, adjustments to tactics, training to actually get them to finish? (And no, putting them on an individual training regime to improve finishing doesn't work, at least not quick enough).

train them to round the keeper

1) work ball into box
2) exploit the middle
3) clear ball to flanks

you will have to change the PI for the striker role mate, it clearly needs some tweaking :)

Have a private chat with them and tell them they are not performing well. This can go 50-50, they might argue back, but if you choose when to do it right it can get them performing better. Also, reduce their creativity. So instead of trying to curl the ball into the top corner they will just make sure they get it safely on target.