Putting the English back in the English Premier League – A Liverpool Story

Your transfers look good so far. I cant believe the amount of money you got for Lucas Leiva. I couldn't get a bid over £10 Million for him. What is your main formation at the moment?

I had a 10m bid from Napoli as well, but Monaco have more money than sense!

Predominately, I play a 4-2-3-1 with a CAM, but I have a 4-1-2-2-1 set up as well, with a defensive midfielder for the more challenging away games.

I had a 10m bid from Napoli as well, but Monaco have more money than sense!

Predominately, I play a 4-2-3-1 with a CAM, but I have a 4-1-2-2-1 set up as well, with a defensive midfielder for the more challenging away games.

I have attempted to replicate Liverpools diamond midfield and then have 2 up top. I am just about to start the season so I will let you know how I get on.

September 2013:

Injury News:

We start September with bad news, as Sterling is out for a month, and Coutinho out for 2. Time for the youngsters to have a crack at a first team spot.

Results:

Leicester City – Away

View attachment 337731

A poor result, we were not clinical enough and we must do better.

Anderlecht – Home

View attachment 337730

Much, much better. We dominated from start to finish, and the four goal margin says it all. A nice return to the Champions League

Tottenham – Away

View attachment 337729

We got the draw, but not a great performance. We need to do much better if we have any ambitions at all this season

Burnley – Home

View attachment 337728

Closer than it should have been, but our young guns put in a respectable shift. We get an away trip to Barnsley as our reward

Chelsea – Home

View attachment 337727

Our first defeat of the season, to the best team in the league. Although, you wouldn’t have thought it on that performance, a dire match, especially given the poor finishing on show.

Table:

View attachment 337726

We are much further down than we should be, and it is pretty disappointing. Our lack of cutting edge has been our downfall so far this season.

Player of the Month:

View attachment 337725

Steven Gerrard – Captain fantastic led from the front again, despite the fact that it was a poor month on our part.

Ignore the West Ham screenshot at the bottom, not entirely sure what it is doing there

Last edited:
October 2013

Basel – Away

View attachment 337515

A nice comfortable victory to put us top of the group on goal difference. Was nice to see Cauley Woodrow get his first European goals for the club.

Man City – Home

View attachment 337514

Maybe not deserved, but a point is useful. City played much better than us though, and better than the stats suggest.

Sunderland – Home

View attachment 337513

Much, much better, we finally start scoring goals. Super Mario gets his first 2, Shawcross gets his first, and we get three points in the bag.

Barcelona – Away

View attachment 337512

We got thumped. Not entirely unexpected, but still very disappointing

Aston Villa – Away

View attachment 337511

A tough match, and only a keeper error saw us escape with all the points this time

Barnsley – Away

View attachment 337510

We made life difficult for ourselves, but we squeeze through to the next round thanks to a long range Balotelli effort

Player of the Month:

View attachment 337509

Mario Balotelli – Performed well once finally given the chance, may cause me to rethink my line up a little.

Table:

View attachment 337507

We can live with 6th​ for now, given our proximity to the top 4. Gutted to be behind Everton, but both they and Newcastle have had stunning starts to their respective seasons.​