Qatar world cup new idea??

Reaction score
Hi guys

i would like to hear your views on something i have been thinking about for a couple of days.

As most of you know the 2022 world cup will be in qatar and FIFA are thinking of possibly going down the road of holding it in winter instead of the normal june/july time as it will be too hot.

I may have found a solution .....

if they held the finals between 6th may and 5th june the temp would be between 24c and 33c instead of temps up to 45c in late june onwards. surely just starting the european season in late july 3 weeks before the typical mid-August start would mean finishing and having mid week games a couple times a season would mean we could have the season wrapped up in the first week in April leaving 3-4 weeks to get used to qatar and prepare..

What do u think could it be possible, is it a better idea then having it in july? or possibly in december?

Last edited:
I like your idea, but I doubt it'll be taken into serious consideration.

Unfortunately ...

I'd rather have it in the normal months to be honest. They knew of the weather conditions when they picked them, so now they should deal with consequences of taking their bribe..

Umm, I mean, picking Qatar.

What happened to the solar powered air conditioned stadiums plan?

Good idea mate and thats the reason why Fifa wont do it.

Hi guys

i would like to hear your views on something i have been thinking about for a couple of days.

As most of you know the 2022 world cup will be in qatar and FIFA are thinking of possibly going down the road of holding it in winter instead of the normal june/july time as it will be too hot.

I may have found a solution .....

if they held the finals between 6th may and 5th june the temp would be between 24c and 33c instead of temps up to 45c in late june onwards. surely just starting the european season in late july 3 weeks before the typical mid-August start would mean finishing and having mid week games a couple times a season would mean we could have the season wrapped up in the first week in April leaving 3-4 weeks to get used to qatar and prepare..

What do u think could it be possible, is it a better idea then having it in july? or possibly in december?

If only you were head of FIFA and not Blatter.... Good idea mate :)

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

FIFA have said whilst they CAN build them they think by moving the finals to winter it would be saving money.

Saving money? Qatar don't care about saving money, or the planet. They bunged up FIFA enough to get the tournament, they should be able to pay for air-conditioned stadiums as a result!

If only you were head of FIFA and not Blatter.... Good idea mate :)

Cheers mate i really wish i was i love football so much its unreal, i was thinking when the blog system comes out i am going to do a weekly blog about things running through my mind about football.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Saving money? Qatar don't care about saving money, or the planet. They bunged up FIFA enough to get the tournament, they should be able to pay for air-conditioned stadiums as a result!

Qatar are happy to pay for it its just FIFA's way of saying you could save some money and we could f##k the game up some more

FIFA already said they are thinking about holing it in winter, but EPL managers have dissed the idea.

I want Fifa to move this WC to the Winter, imagine the club vs country row it would start and trust me the clubs will win.