Reaction score
A few months ago this goal took Queens Park Rangers into the Premier League via the Play-offs in front of 40,000 Rs!!!

[video=youtube;ydNSxxZHI-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydNSxxZHI-k[/video]

Harry Rednapp has decided to enter retirement after such a great achievement and this ambitious chairman has handed me the job!

I intend to bring great success to the Rangers faithful. These fans have endured such tough times with many of them taking money out of their own pocket to financially stabilise the club only a few years back when Ian Holloway was at the helm. And over the last few years they have had such a turbulent experience. The club is now in significant debt and must stay in the Premier League in order to receive the gigantic TV revenue, as to avoid fines which could come as a result of profit/loss results and cripple the club. I will save us. I am going to sort out this clubs finance over the next 2 seasons as heavy debts are paid and will never burden the club financially as others who have sought success in the past have done. I will stick to a number of principles:

-I will consider each transfer with the long-term in mind
-i will look for a number of characteristics in the players I sign. I want players who possess a desire within them. This means determination and a willingness to run for the team. There is no place for so called 'big-time-charlies' at this club. The two squads which I have witnessed fight against the odds in recent times and wish to emanate are the QPR team managed by Neil Warnock (bar Taarabt) and Crystal Palace of the last two seasons.
-I want to produce youth players. The current facilities are atrocious and it is a priority of mine to improve them as time and money allows.
-I will prioritise signing players who possess a potential to develop. Either so they can serve me at a higher level or so I can cash in on them in the future.

The Spine of my team now… and in the future

Charlie Austin

Bobby Zamora’s play-off winner will remain in the memories of QPR fans forever. However it was Charlie Austin’s goals which we relied upon in order to get us into that play-off final. The role he played last season was instrumental and cannot be understated, scoring 17 in 31. I believe that he can step up to this new level and spearhead the club’s attack for a number of years. If he is not forsaken by injury I have no doubts in his ability to break into the England setup and represent the country at major tournaments.

Sandro

Nicknamed ‘The Beast’ due to his consistent combative performances, Sandro is exactly the player I want in the centre of my team. During my initial years at the club my team will be dubbed the underdog, and rightly so, in a number of games throughout the season. It will be characters such as Sandro which I will rely upon to exhibit the drive and passion to hold out against teams of greater quality, fighting for every ball and displaying a commitment that few others can match.

Jordan Mutch

Jordan scored 7 league goals from midfield in his debut season in the premiership last year… at the age of 22. I would be delighted to get that many goals from him in a central role year in year out and hope that is the case as I only expect him to improve. It is essential that I have a couple of players, who do not play upfront , who can contribute to our goal tally as a weaker team in the league and a team which is notorious for poor away results. As it is likely I will adopt a 1-striker system often and a lone striker cannot always be relied upon.

Stephen Caulker

Stephen is a player who should not be at the club. He is a player who I believe is sure to develop into international pedigree and I can only praise Harry Rednapp for enticing him to the club. Stephen is currently signed to a 4year deal but it will not be long before the big clubs come calling. I shall do everything in my power to retain his services as I believe he is a rock I can build my defence around for years to come.

Initial Transfer Dealings

Incoming

Gino Peruzzi

My scouts told me he was a consistent performer who relishes big matches. He has represented Argentina on 4 occasions. He has high stamina and at the age of 22 is one for the future. I needed a right back. Once he became available for 3.5m plus minor payments should he continue to represent his country, I bit Catania’s hand off. (Metaphorically - No Luis Suarez)

Martin Ødegaard
A popular name within football throughout Europe due to his exciting prospects. I am delighted to have brought him in. I can't believe at 15 he has been capped at senior level for Norway. Hopefully he can develop into a real asset for this club. He shall join the club in the January transfer window due to Norweigan footballing regulations regarding the age at which players may transfer to foreign clubs.

Other Loans

Suso - A talented young player who can’t contribute much physically and in terms of work rate. But I have chosen to add him to the squad as I could do with the creativity. He will act as backup to other creative options I have available unless he proves me otherwise.Nicky Maynard – Upfront I have Austin, Vargas and an ageing Zamora who is injury prone. Maynard isn’t an ideal option in the Premier League however beggars can’t be choosers. I had no other viable options and needed backup.

Josip Radosevic – A hard-working defensive mid who can compete with the other midfield backup options for the chance to make the odd sub appearance. He will only cost me 8.5k a week and I’d be happy to relly on him in a holding position for a month or so if Sandro were to get injured. However he isn’t the standard of player I would like to start regularly.

The goalkeeping Situation
Rob Green out, Ivan Kelava in

This was a simple decision. I let Greeno join Stoke for a minimal sum as I have a younger number one in McCarthy, who I would like to provide first team football in order to further his development. Green was on 50k a week and I have brought in an alternative backup in the form of a championship quality keeper in Kelava on loan from Udinese. Who will only receive 5k a week. I am extremely satisfied with these transactions as it saves me a great amount of money in a period wherest the club is paying back a great deal of debt.

Outgoing
Shaun Wright-Phillips out on loan

Off to Leyton Orient on loan for the remaining year on his contract. They will pay 50% of his wages, saving me 35k a week.

First Half of the Season

View attachment 320098
  • After the first half of the season I lay 15th in the table and 4points clear of relegation
  • It has has become apparent that without Charlie Austin I have no hopes of surviving relegation. He has scored a great 11goals in 19games, more than the roughly 1goal:2games ratio he had in the championship. He has also provided a good 7 assists to his attacking partners. Initially I began by often playing him upfront with Zamora who I could only place one half a game due to his poor stamina.
  • This is as I was utilizing a more direct system hoping to pump the ball up to the men at the top and catch teams of guard and win knock-ons ect. But at this level that sort of percentage-based football was not successful for me.
  • Leroy Fer has unfortunately been plagued with injury out for 3months but should be back in the frame during January.
  • Barton has replaced him in the team and my estimations of him have greatly increased. Joey scored the winning goal in both the win at City and Tottenham! One a long range drive and the later a marvellous free-kick against his old team in the last 10minutes!

• Peruzzi was injured against Chelsea and will be out for 3months, returning in January. Onouha has played filled the right back position in his abscense and has consistently delievered solid performances. Unfortunately Nedum is really a centre-back in my opinion, so I must use him as a limited-full back which limits my attacking threat down the right as I have no extra option to provide crosses.

Here is my formation and the regular players in each position throughout this half of the season:
View attachment 320157
  • I instruct my players to play deeper and with a counter-mentality. This is due to the fact we are generally worse quality wise than our opposition and especially away from home we have to be more cautious. I feel I must play deep due to the lack of pace in my defence.

Here our my results:
View attachment 320156

Notable Fixtures:

Crystal palace Away 0-1 - ...Such a tight match! We were neck and neck til I decided to go for it in the last 10minutes, throwing men forward. But in the last minute when their fullback scored a fortunate goal... I am gutted but this is the reality of the premier league, often I will be punished if I set my team to attack the opposition. However I feel I had to do it in this match as its this calibre of team I must beat to remain in the league

Newcastle and Swansea both 2-3 - In the Newcastle match I was at home and went for the 3points whilst drawing 2-2. But I was lost for words when Sissoko scored a miraculous goal in the last 5minutes. Against Swansea I was also level at 2-2 and tried to go defensive due to my recent late-on defeats and as I was away from home. AGAIN a late goal done me in.

Tottenham Home 3-2 - After the Swansea game I was delighted with the change in my team. We came out of the blocks and scored 3 in the first half. We continued into the second with a hint of complacency which cost us 2goals, however we were always the stronger team and although I was nervous. I believed we would hold onto our lead. I believe that Sandro's great man marking of Paulinho, who operated as their playmaker in Erikson's injury abscense, was a major reason we won. It feels wonderful to win after a long 8game wait.

Man City Away 1-0 - We defended this game magnificently. Although we relied on a great deal of luck as City hit the post 3 times. It was no luck but a great strike from a 25 free-kick by Joey Barton which gave us the 3points. Having now beaten two giants in Spurs and City I wish we could recreate the same performances against lesser teams who we will compete with to remain in this league.

Sunderland Home 2-1 - I brought on Suso for Kranjcar in the 70th minute. Within 10minutes he had assisted a leveller from Matt Phillips and secured the win with a goal himself. I was really impressed with his contribution and it has made me reflect upon Kranjcar's position in the team. After some thought I decided that Niko hasn't offered enough threat going forward and Suso will take his place as our creative influence on the left.

Burnley Away 0-3 - Burnley really impressed me and dominated the match. I was gutted to lose this so emphatically as I believe this club is one which we could be neck and neck with at the end of the season to retain Premier League football in W12.​

Last edited:
Second half of the season

View attachment 320078

The liverpool match was exhilarating. We came back from a two goal deficit twice to make it 5-4 but towards the end of the game my players tired and Liverpool's talented players made use of the extra space. At one point I thought I had lost the match and brought on Odengaard as a sub on the day he arrived at the club... he got an assist against last seasons runners-up within 2minutes on the pitch... He is definitely one to watch.

Loan In - Ben Davies

View attachment 320083
I have brought in this young starlet from Spurs to play left back for me. Clint Hill and Suk-Young have done well so far for me but can't offer enough going forward. Hopefully this man will provide me with an extra wide threat going forward as he has the athleticism to get up the touchline and overlap Suso who roams inside.

Other transfers

The talented yet unbelievably lazy Adel Tarrabt has joined Napoli for 6m. I am delighted to get rid of him. I never used him as I have no time for his lack of effort and he was only a financial drain on the club.

I have also let Maynard return to his club as I've not used him.

-----​

I loose 3 in a row against Stoke, West Ham and Newcastle… all my one goal due to the fact I attempted to play for the win in the last 15minutes whilst being level. Gutted.

After also loosing to Swansea I find myself back in the relegation zone after a lengthy abscense stretching towards the first 10games of the season.

I then faced Chelsea and Man City. Both matches which I anticipate to lose. Pressure will surely begin to grow upon my position as a coach.
----​

After loosing 6-0 to Chelsea I was called to a board meeting and promised to secure 6points in the following 5games. I immediately organised a friendly in the FA Cup gap before the City game, against weak opposition in order to give some players a chance to develop fitness and to increase my teams terrible morale of late.

Last edited:
The Business End of the Season

Manchester city Away 3-2

I cannot believe it. I have now beat the champions of England in both the home and away match of the season. I am delighted. Great Performances form Suso (1 goal), Leroy Fer (2) and Phillips have provided me with a great victory. Clint Hill Returned to the team in place of Davies who made a mistake to give West Ham a goal to win in the dying seconds a few games ago. Perhaps he should stay in the team as he performed very well. I will also replace Ferdinand with Nedum Onouha from this point in the season. I am so happy but I can’t understand why we can’t perform like this against those around us!

• A priceless victory over relegation rivals Hull to put us above them and 2points from safety followed!
  • We then extended this winning run to 4, beating Everton 2-1 and Sunderland 4-1! I have now gone from loosing 6 in a row to a consecutive 3 massive wins! I had been really considering how i would have to re-construct my team to win promotion i'd depserately need next season as I believed we were going down. But these results have followed!!!
  • ​I finished a great 15th!

• [*=center]Austin finishes as 6th​ top scorer in the League. Behind Costa, Falcao, Balotelli, Van Persie and Aguero.
    [*=center]He also finished as joint 3rd​ top assist provider along with Oscar. Only Juan Mata (16) and Eden Hazard made more goals. Hazard producing an unbelieveable 29 assists.
    [*=center]Matt Phillips finished as joint 5th​ assistman in the league. He also covered most ground in the league on average per 90mins played.
    [*=center]Over the season I conceded 79 goals... the most in the league. Sorting out my defence over the summer will be a priority
    [*=center]On a positive note we scored the 7th most in the league

Last edited:
A great first season and well done on keeping them up!

Transfer Dealings Out

End of Contracts

1. SWP - a drain on the club's finances. Terrible player.
  2. Faurlin - didn't start enough last season and ageing
  3. Clint Hill - A great servant last year but just getting too old
  4. Rio Ferdinard - I wasn't very fond of him last year and his legs have gone
  5. Richard Dunne - wasn't used last year as unbelievably slow
  6. Karl Henry - A decent backup but ageing and I want to give other players opporunities
  7. Brain Murphy - A poor backup option.
  8. Multiple youth players
As a result of getting rid of so many big name earners from the club I have funds to go out and sign younger hungry players to move us in the right direction from here on out

Cash Exits

Junior Hoillet, Burnley, 1.8m

Junior finished last season with 2appearances. He is fast and can dribble but there is no end product in terms of passing, crossing or finishing ability. He has never shown the talent he displayed at Blackburn whilst playing at Loftus Road. I'm glad to get rid of him and lose his wages off the total bill.

Armand Traore, Ipswich, 700k

Traore didn't play often for me last season and doesn't have the determination or work rate I want to see in this team.

Jordan Mutch, Tottenham, 15m rising to 20m

I'm sad to let Jordan go...as I described at the start of my tenure he was a real big part in my plans. He was good last season but I couldn't refuse letting go of him for the money offered. Plus I already had another young player just signed worthy of starting week-in-week-out when this offer came in. I take 15m initially and another 5m after 50games.

Last edited:
Transfers in (Summer 2015)

Itumeleng Khune - FREE (Kaiser Cheifs)
View attachment 319481
I've brought Khune in on a free. He is the captain of the South Africa team and the most determined player I have come across. His distribution is second to none and he may push Alex McCarthy out of the team eventually. Unfortunately he could not get a work permit so I will loan him out until he secures one.

Éder Álvarez Balanta - 7m (River Plate)

[video=youtube;NApExJhZwEY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NApExJhZwEY[/video]

I couldn't be happier with this signing. Alvarez is a very physical and aggressive centre back who will suit this league. He's only 22 and I think I got him on the cheap. Within a couple of years surely the big clubs will come calling. If I can regularly play him and Caulker at centre back with Sandro anchoring the midfield I will surely concede far less than last term.

Joe Gomez - 2.8m (Charlton)
View attachment 319495
Gomez graduated through the academy at Charlton Athletic, making his debut for the clubs Under 18 side at just 13 years old. He has been capped by England at under-16, under-17 and under-19 levels. In May 2014, he was part of the squad that won the 2014 UEFA European Under-17 Championship, playing every minute of England's five games and being named in UEFA's team of the tournament.

My scouts pointed this young lad out to me and for just 2.8m and being English and possesing the potential to be a really solid centre back for me in the future, I snapped him up.

Micah Richards - FREE (Man City)

View attachment 319494
I'm delighted to be able to bring in Richards on a free. He is a 27 and in his peak. As you can see in the image he has a great physical presence and will offer backup to my two preffered centre-backs. Plus he will offer me an alternative defensive option as right back. For example if we were to play the likes of Stoke, who possess a great aerial threat, I would start Micah over Peruzzi so we have a greater chance of dealing with their set-pieces and robust nature.

Bryan Oveido - 1.1m (Everton)

View attachment 319486
Unfortunately he could not secure a work permit immeidately. However I hope for him to become my long term left back in future. If not he will offer a great rotation option.

Christian Fuchs - FREE (Shalke)

View attachment 319485
I have brought Christian in due to his great attacking threat and set-piece brilliance. He won't play all the time for me but he's a handy addition to the squad.​

Gaston Gil Romero - 6.5m (Estudiantes)
View attachment 728199
Here we have a real talent. He will fill the void left by Jordan Mutch. At only 22 I see a great future for him at the club.

Adam Johnson - 6.5m (Sunderland)

[video=youtube;T369BkPpZz8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T369BkPpZz8[/video]

Last season I missed an out and out left winger. Here we have that solution. Johnson is an ex-England international and I have offered him a new platform to try and get back in that international setup. Hopefully we will see some great goals from him cutting in off either flank.

Eduardo Vargas - FREE (Napoli)

10goals and 5assists last season. I am pleased to have this man back at the club on a permanent basis.

John Guidetti - FREE (Man City)

View attachment 319482
One issue with having Vargas as the only real backup to Austin is that he is short and can't offer a real aerial threat, which isn't good enough when operating with a long striker. John brings the same well-rounded game as Austin. Hopefully he can develop into a good player for me.​

Last edited:
Nice :) could you show more screen shots though?

Yh what would you like to see? I decided to not really include screenies of my signings stats in this as its only 2015 and noones changed too much so I assume everyone knows roughly what each player offers. Ofcourse I will add more in the future though, particularly to hopefully document how good Romero, Gomez and Balanta become

Yh what would you like to see? I decided to not really include screenies of my signings stats in this as its only 2015 and noones changed too much so I assume everyone knows roughly what each player offers. Ofcourse I will add more in the future though, particularly to hopefully document how good Romero, Gomez and Balanta become

Maybe just the match stats of important games? And the player stats of your team each month like who the top scorer in the team is and highest avg rating etc :)

Love the idea and direction of this story but it's a bit comprehensive