Reaction score
Being QPR
first season i finished 6th - is this not a europa place?

5th place got it and so did everton who won the CC
and wigan who WON THE FA CUP

Im guessing 6th gets missed if cc and fa cup is won by team outside top 4?

Yes, that is correct. However, I have seen on a save after a couple of seasons that England got a fourth spot in the Europa and the top three started going directly into the Champions League group stages instead of third having to qualify through the knockout stages with fourth place.

ok ta was chuffed getting 6th for europa, then when didnt get it was gutted lol ow well then i got £18million in summer kitty, currently 1st on a 12 game unbeaten streak after 15 games cant complain,

bought owen on free, also free was luca toni, amauri,hargreaves

bought ononouha (spelling), yobo,krul,douglas costa (RB)

I had the sme with Liverpool when I finished 6th. Bolton won the CC and Everton lost in the FA Cup final to United so were given a spot too. If you wait until the end jf june you can find out why they get a spot in the Season Review.

ye i thought i must of missed a news thread or soething about it, in next season anyway now it just confused me why but figured it out whilst waiting for an answer thanks people

The rules in real life are:

5th place - EL
If the winner of the league cup finish in top for then 2nd EL place goes to 6th
If both finalists of FA cup are in top four then 3rd EL place goes to 7th

Which is why Liverpool didn't get Europa League last year. Birmingham won LC and Stoke reached FA cup final.

Yes, that is correct. However, I have seen on a save after a couple of seasons that England got a fourth spot in the Europa and the top three started going directly into the Champions League group stages instead of third having to qualify through the knockout stages with fourth place.

Huh? The top three do go into the CL automatically, anyway.

My bad, I thought that the top two went directly into the groups and third and fourth both went into the best placed playoff. I know it definitely used to be like that, didn't realise they had changed it in real life! (I'll get my coat!)