• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
QPR fans are reportedly furious at a 40% increase in ticket prices after promotion to the premiership. The cheapest tickets will now be £47, whereas the most expensive tickets will be the platinum tickets-jumping from £699 to £999. However, the club are offering sizeable discounts-under eights £49, and senior citizens being charged £319 for a season ticket, and standard bronze tickets being set at £549.

QPR fans angry at rise in ticket prices | Football | guardian.co.uk

Right. Am I missing something? 40% increase, because of promotion? This surely smacks of pricing the fans out of the game. It just seems absolutely ridiuculous, bearing in minds there are fewer games in the premiership for a start, and don't they realise, normal working people, simply won't be able to afford these price hikes due to something called........a recession. It's absolutely ridiculous. If I was a QPR fan, I'd be just as livid. Do they think they're Arsenal or something? Old Bernie has really screwed the fans over on this I feel. Absolutely shocking in my opinion.

That's disgusting. 40% is total madness and it's really not going to be worth it. Fans will pay it, but only because they have no real option.

shocking really but they know the fans will pay it.

The wealthy ones yeah. But it just stinks, that just because players like Rooney, Giggs, Lamps etc will be on the pitch for 90 minutes or whatever, they see it as justifiable they can absolutely fleece the fans. Would like to know what Ecclestone's taking-he's clearly in cloud cuckoo land.

So stupid, with no fans there would be no football club, many clubs are forgetting that nowadays

Why can't they follow the example of Blackburn Rovers:

Adult - 19 games - £225 - Equivalent to £11.85 per game
Kids - 19 games - £85 - Equivalen to £4.50 per game
There is even a 10% discount on Family Season Tickets!!

There's a club that actually cares about the fans, realising there are difficult times for everybody, and make sure they can still enjoy watching premiership football without worrying about money.

Too steep, should be some spare capacity at the ground to show they've overshot it.

It's sad to see the fans having to pay the price of success.

That's what I just don't get. Isn't Ecclestone absolutely loaded? If so, why the absolutely extortianate price hikes. There's just no need for it. The people in charge are more than financially well off.

Last edited:
Ridicolous! No tickets should be that much! Germany show us that

Why can't they follow the example of Blackburn Rovers:

Adult - 19 games - £225 - Equivalent to £11.85 per game
Kids - 19 games - £85 - Equivalen to £4.50 per game
There is even a 10% discount on Family Season Tickets!!

There's a club that actually cares about the fans, realising there are difficult times for everybody, and make sure they can still enjoy watching premiership football without worrying about money.

Blackburn offer low ticket prices because they struggle to attract supporters. It all boils down to location. They are very close to Liverpool & Manchester, taking away potential fans. I think that area of England is also favourable to rugby? The same way Wigan & Bolton offer very low ticket prices.

Being in London, QPR already charge crazy prices for tickets, just an excuse to bump it up. The fans will hope to have the up and coming season bankrolled & appropriate signings being made to justify a 40% increase. Do you think the prices will be slashed by that same 40% if they get relegated? Doubtful.

QPR don't even fill there ground now, average attendances will probably drop, especially against smaller teams.

Just seems they're trying to price out the working class, and attract middle class "fans" to me.

Running it as a business rather than a football club, totally agree with you.

Isn't their owner the Indian chap who's father is one of 10 richest man on world? Like they need those ticket prices. Stupid move.

Value = Demand + Supply or something along those lines. It's tough to the fans, but after all it's just business.

Value = Demand + Supply or something along those lines. It's tough to the fans, but after all it's just business.

Demand = supply* And it's a monopoly which are notorious for maximising profit and ******** allocation of the good. Fans should just refuse (or be unable to pay) and leave spare seats in the ground, showing it's a ridiculous pricing. They've just been promoted, not an established club in the league - so i'm not sure how they think these prices are good value for the good.

Well that would be the point if they would sell out every match, but even then 40% rise would be too much. Now might be that they get less money cos less people buy tickets.

Demand = supply* And it's a monopoly which are notorious for maximising profit and ******** allocation of the good. Fans should just refuse (or be unable to pay) and leave spare seats in the ground, showing it's a ridiculous pricing. They've just been promoted, not an established club in the league - so i'm not sure how they think these prices are good value for the good.

Especially if things go badly for the club. What happens if they don't get in players they need, and all that happens is a regular gubbing week after week. Yeah, £72 quid to watch regular poundings. Not saying it would happen as they are a good side with a very good manager, and it is hypothetical, but it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back