7. This is Real Madrid

View attachment 327562
As the season opener is drawing closer, it's time to meet the players that is supposed to bring glory to the club. Not only the first team players, but the players from Real Madrid Castilla, Real Madrid C and the U19-squad. The players is not the only key to success, you need to have a working tactic aswell. Therefore you will get an review of the tactics being used by Raúl during the upcoming season.

Goalkeepers:

#1. Iker Casillas
| Age: 31 | Nation:
View attachment 327565 | Contract: 2017 | Wages: £165,000 | Value: £19m. |
#13. Antonio Adán
| Age: 25 |Nation: View attachment 327565 | Contract: 2014 | Wages: £20,000 | Value: £2,4m. |
#25. Diego López | Age: 30 | Nation: View attachment 327565 | Contract: 2017 | Wages: £15,000 | Value: £7,25m. |

Defenders:

#2. Raphaël Varane
| Age: 19 | Nation: View attachment 327566 | Contract: 2017 | Wages: £25,000 | Value: £6m. |
#3. Pepe | Age: 29 | Age: 29 | Nation: View attachment 327567 | Contract: 2015 | Wages: £83,000 | Value: £12,5m. |
#4. Sergio Ramos | Age: 26 | Nation: View attachment 327565 | Contract: 2017 | Wages: £135,000 | Value: £18,75m. |
#5. Fábio Coentrão | Age: 24 | Nation: View attachment 327567 | Contract: 2017 | Wages: £58,000 | Value: £9m. |
#12. Marcelo | Age: 24 | Nation: View attachment 327568 | Contract: 2015 | Wages: £41,500 | Value: £18,25m. |
#17. Álvaro Arbeloa | Age: 29 | Nation: View attachment 327565 | Contract: 2016 | Wages: £50,000 | Value: £10,5m. |
#18. Raúl Albiol | Age: 26 | Nation: View attachment 327565 | Contract: 2017 | Wages: £50,000 | Value: £9,5m. |

Midfielders:

#6. Sami Khedira
| Age: 25 | Nation: View attachment 327569 | Contract: 2015 | Wages: £50,000 | Value: £10,25m. |
#10. Mesut Özil | Age: 23 | Nation: View attachment 327569 | Contract: 2016 | Wages: £83,000 | Value: £23,5m. |
#14. Xabi Alonso | Age: 30 | Nation: View attachment 327565 | Contract: 2014 | Wages: £135,000 | Value: £13,25m. |
#15. Michael Essien | Age: 29 | Nation: View attachment 327572 | Contract: Loan | Wages: £70,000 | Value: £7,75m. |
#16. Paul Pogba | Age: 19 | Nation: View attachment 327566 | Contract: Loan | Wages: £17,500 | Value: £650,000 |
#19. Luka Modric | Age: 26 | Nation: View attachment 327573 | Contract: 2017 | Wages: £130,000 | Value: £18,5m. |
#21. José Callejón | Age: 25 | Nation: View attachment 327565 | Contract: 2016 | Wages: £50,000 | Value: £8,25m. |
#22. Ángel Di María | Age: 24 | Nation: View attachment 327575 | Contract: 2018 | Wages: £91,000 | Value: £19,5m. |

Attackers:

#7. Cristiano Ronaldo | Age: 27 | Nation: View attachment 327567 | Contract: 2015 | Wages: £200,000 | Value: £43,5m. |
#9. Karim Benzema | Age: 24 | Nation: View attachment 327566 | Contract: 2015 | Wages: £100,000 | Value: £26m. |
#20. Gonzalo Higuaín | Age: 24 | Nation: View attachment 327575 | Contract: 2016 | Wages: £75,000 | Value: £22m. |

Comments: Worldclass squad, but what to expect when you're coaching the best team in the world? It's reassuring to know that I have to worldclass goalkeepers in Iker Casillas and Diego López, so if my first choice, Iker, will get injured I have a more than good enough replacement. In defence I have two of the worlds best leftbacks and some class central defenders. With Raphaël Varane coming up and challeging Pepe and Sergio Ramos for a place in the starting lineup. However on the rightback the squad lacks a little depth, with only Álvaro Arbeloa at that position. Hopefully Arbeloa will be able to stay injury-free. Xabi Alonso and Sami Khedira is unquestionably my first choice in the central midfield, with backup players as Luka Modric, Michael Essien and loanee Paul Pogba. Mesut Özil and Cristiano Ronaldo is without doubt the key-players for the team in the coming season. I will be hoping they can lead the team forward in tougher matches like in the Champions League. The vacant spot in the offensive midfield will be occupied by either Luka Modric or Angel Di Maria, with the later one injured at the moment. José Callejón will provide a good backup choice, but it feels like nothing more than that. Up front in attack we have to class strikers in Karim Benzema and Gonzalo Higuain, the two will get to compete at the start of the season to gain my confidence to play regularly.

Tactical discussion:
Three tactics which all are very offensive oriented, but I will get to change them a bit when playing away against tougher opponents. The first and the second tactic is the one that I will be using during most parts of the season. The second tactic has already been used against Valencia at home, but we will come to that match in later updates. The thought is for the team to play offensive and "fun" football, to give something back to our faithful fans. Although no one can forget that keeping a clean-sheet and being steady in defence is vital for the team to succeed. We will have to test out these tactics against stronger teams, then the ones we faced during the pre-season. Hopefully it will give us the results that we are after.

Comments: The other teams of the club contains a lot of young and promising players. There are some players that I will keep an extra eye out for, in the likes of: Jesé(Castilla), Álex(Castilla), Nacho(Castilla), Adryan(Castilla), Casemiro(Castilla), Denis Cheryshev(Castilla), Alfonso Herrero(U19), Jaime(U19), Leon Goretzka(U19), Denis Suarez(U19) and Juan Narvaez(U19). As I said a lot of young and promising talents playing their football in the club. It will be interesting to see what some of these players can contribute to the future of Real Madrid.

View attachment 327563

Real Madrid news

- There won't be any further signings to strengthen the squad during the transfer window. As I feel that the players I have to use are good enough to challenge for the Liga BBVA-title, Champions League, Supercup and Copa del Rey.

- With each international break there seems to be consequences and the past one wasn't any different. Sami Khedira, Pepe and Xabi Alonso will all be missing the match against Valencia but with minor injuries which will see them fit for the first clash against Barcelona in the Supercup. Angel Di Maria will miss 2 to 3 weeks of football as he got injured, and therefore won't be able for the Valencia or Barcelona match.

- I have offered a lot of contract renewals to key-players of the squad. Marcelo and Sami Khedira has both been offered a new deal which sees them raising their salary aswell as keeping them to the Santiago Bernabeu until 2017. But it remains to be seen whether or not they will accept the offer. Up next on the renewal fron is key-players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema, Mesut Özil, Xabi Alonso and Pepe.

Next update: Real Madrid takes on Barcelona over two matches in the spanish Supercup.

Last edited:

8. Two key-players extend their stay at the Santiago Bernabéu

View attachment 327694

As Raúl earlier stated various key-players at Real Madrid had recieved contract offers and more were to be offered new ones. Only a day ahead of the first clash, away at Camp Nou against Barcelona, Real Madrid officially announced at their webiste the extensions of two of Raúls key-players.

OFFICIAL: Marcelo and Sami Khedira signs new deals

Leftback Marcelo and central/defensive-midfielder Sami Khedira has both agreed terms with Real Madrid to extend their current stay at the club. Both players has agreed to the offered salary raise and signed the contracts which keeps them at Real Madrid until June of 2017. This is what Raúl had to say about the two players and their new contracts:

"I'm really happy that Marcelo and Sami (Khedira), both have agreed to extend their contracts with Real Madrid. The two players are vital for the squad and will play a crucial role in our hunt for glory this season. I'm not willing to discuss the salary that the players have recieved with their new contracts, but I can confirm that the length of the deals is until 2017. So it feels very good to know that they will be a part of the future of Real Madrid."

9. Shock transfer, as spanish wonderkid is unveiled at the Bernabéu

View attachment 327946

The transfer window for Real Madrid seemed closed and after the first clash with Barcelona in the Supercup no one was really expecting any activity from the Madrid based club. But Raúl shocked everyone when he called for a press-conference at the Santiago Bernabéu to introduce a new Real Madrid player. Jaws dropped when the press realized that it was one of Spains most promising talents whom had signed with Real Madrid. Reports from Spain claims that Real Madrid payed £17,5 million which also was the players minimum release clause.

View attachment 327979

OFFICIAL: Isco signs for Real Madrid

The now former Málaga player Francisco Román Alarcón Suárez or commonly known as Isco, has signed for Real Madrid. The young offensive midfielder signed an contract keeping him at the Bernabéu until 2017. Isco, a former Valencia youth player, has represented Spain at every youth level and is now knocking on the door of "La Roja" to become an piece of manager Raúls national side aswell. As Isco was presented for the press and the fans earlier today his new manager Raúl gave his thoughts about the young spaniard:

" I'm very proud sitting here right next to our latest addition to the Real Madrid squad, and on behalf of the club I wan't to welcome 'Isco' to Real Madrid and I'm sure he will help the club in it's quest for glory. 'Isco' is a very young and talented player but at the same time I know he is ready to play at this high level, having showed this at his former club Málaga. If 'Isco' is ready to play against Getafe this weekend? I believe so and if the opportunity comes he will get his chance to play his first match for Real Madrid."

Realmadrid.com will later update further with pictures of the new signing Isco in the Real Madrid shirt and an interview with the young spaniard.

Isco | Age: 20 | Nation: View attachment 328104 | Former team: Málaga View attachment 328104 | Cost: £17,5m. | Wages: £56,000 | Contract: 2017 |

Last edited:

10. Another transfer "bomb" at the Bernabéu, as Raúl works his magic

View attachment 328110

Another shock transfer was finalized for Real Madrid, just a day after they completed the signing of very talented midfielder 'Isco'. Yet again another young talented spaniard was the man of the moment. This time it was an 18-year old rightback whom completed the switch to Real Madrid. A very controversial transfer with the young spaniard coming from one of Real Madrids fierce rivals. The player himself started his footballing career at Real Madrid before moving on and the reported fee that saw him return to Real Madrid is thought to be around £1,3m.

View attachment 328111

OFFICIAL: Former canterano Javi Manquillo back at Real Madrid

Madrid born Javi Manquillo, born 5:th of May 1994(18 years), has signed an 5-year contract which ties him to the Santiago Bernabéu until 2017. The young rightback started his footballing career at Real Madrid before moving on, with his brother Victor, to another Madrid based team, Atletico Madrid. Under the guidance of new manager Diego Simeone, Manquillo has developed well which have led to him representing Spains U19-team. Realmadrid.com managed to get a few words with manager Raúl González Blanco. This is what he had to say about Javi Manquillo:

"After we managed to strike an agreement with Atletico Madrid regarding Javi Manquillo, we set up a meeting between us and the player along with his agent. Javi Manquillo is a young talented rightback with both feets on the earth. He is very calm and relaxed when on the pitch and that is something that is rare for his age. I believe this is the right step for the young spaniard and he can learn a lot from players like Álvaro Arbeloa, Sergio Ramos etc. I know what we will be getting from Javi (Manquillo) and hopefully his move will be as successful as when I moved from Atletico Madrid to Real Madrid. *laughs*"

As Real Madrid prepares to take on Barcelona in the return leg of the spanish Supercup, the first match ended X-X in favour of X, the presentation of Javi Manquillo will have to be delayed. Realmadrid.com will be updated with further information regarding the presentation of new signing Javi Manquillo.

Javi Manquillo | Age: 18 | Nation: View attachment 328112 | Former team: Atletico Madrid View attachment 328112 | Cost: £1,3m. | Wages: £2,900 | Contract: 2017 |

Are you playing before the update? As Isco's min fee release clause is £30.5million yet you have Diego Lopez in your GK's?

Havent downloaded any update so made only the Real Madrid transfers myself as Diego López, Juan Narvaez and Jaime Sanchez.

Gah I thought I had the 13.3.0 update at least, but realized that I started a save and saved it as "New game" so it would be easier to start a new one. So realized that I must have started it just days before the release of 13.3.0 update, which is frustrating.