sinned_82

Reaction score
Just wondering what's the maximum age you need to get player in for him to qualify as home-grown at club? I just bought a Vaclav Kadlec, he's 18, but it doesn't show in the Home-grown Due Date column. Anyone knows why is this?

I believe to qualify as home grown the player has to have spent 3 years in the country before their 21st birthday.

To qualify for homegrown status the player must have trained for at least three years before his 21st birthday on a nacional club.
So he might apply, but you'll still have to wait three years.

Yea, I thought so too, but I thougth there would at least be a future date in the HG Due Date column. Currently there's nothing.

if he is allready 18, then there is less than three years till he turns 21.

In Italy and Spain it's 3 years before 21, I think it's more for England, can someone who plays EPL sides confirm?

if its 3 years before, then it just about qualifies right since he's 18. Or do they go all the way to birthdays. Coz he turned 18 in May, I got him in August.

i played 4 seasons pre-patch and my 1st season u-18 buys didn't get home-grown status, i hope this is a bug that has been ironed out in the patch

Kadlec can't be homegrown for any other club, becouse hes to old, hes eighteen
a player needs to be in a club for three years before his 21'st birthday to get the homegrown status
so kadlec can't be a homegrown player for your club becouse hes already eighteen when you start a new game

Hope this has been fixed in the latest patch, I was planning on buying alot of 16-17 year olds straight away in my new game to get enough good players as "home grown" for my squad in 4-5 years time......I wonder if using Real time editor and changing a players 2nd nationality would get round this annoying problem?