Quantum CS (4-1-3-2 DM Narrow) Tactic for FM20

Quantum CS (4-1-3-2 DM Narrow) Tactic for FM20 2020.2

Loved this system in FM19. Do you have filters or suggestions how to update them for youth recruitment?

Loved this system in FM19. Do you have filters or suggestions how to update them for youth recruitment?

Interesting question. Usually, I decide for each youngster individually as simple scaling down all attributes may not work (as they develop non-linearly).
I'd say Determination & physical attributes are the key. If a youngster has a good PA (stars), physics and determination, you can shape him as you want. Foot proficiency can be safely ignored for youngsters (but the first task is always to develop weaker foot as much as possible).
I'll try to look into the subject and update filters when I have enough data.

Interesting question. Usually, I decide for each youngster individually as simple scaling down all attributes may not work (as they develop non-linearly).
I'd say Determination & physical attributes are the key. If a youngster has a good PA (stars), physics and determination, you can shape him as you want. Foot proficiency can be safely ignored for youngsters (but the first task is always to develop weaker foot as much as possible).
I'll try to look into the subject and update filters when I have enough data.
That's what I've been doing, so makes sense.

Only issue I seem to be having is long balls over the top. Could just be my CB aren't good enough to handle it yet. I'm playing as Newcastle.

Team:

3c1a4a51182ff14456a90bc644714c45.png

Ligue 1:
8519c722ed791fae6aef0020fdcf1d8b.png

508ab0f0642fcb9faa9f1807d371c3eb.png
668b1f1a247717de09a34df055560f83.png
15d1f398054b3ac9259995dd4ce414ef.png
88a005fe4d55216a3a942adb6851c3b2.png

Stats:

a4c7bba6657d15a98188deb5f7ab8d32.png

Only issue I seem to be having is long balls over the top. Could just be my CB aren't good enough to handle it yet. I'm playing as Newcastle.

Yep, or opposition strikers are too good. Try to turn off the offside trap, if it doesn't help, lower defensive line a little. Situative solution (i.e. vs one pacey striker) can be personal marking it with BWM. Also, pay attention to the opposition instructions - if an assistant is responsible for them, he may set them too late (after conceding etc).

Picked up Onguene in January and whoo boy that made a huge difference.

will give this a go as part of of 1 of my 3 tactics (i find rotating tactics gets better results than trying to stick to 1 tactic)

Working a dream with me at Arsenal. The Youth stuff mentioned above is interesting especially now your job ties in with the club vision etc.

Good tactic mate.

Do you think it needs an update for the latest ME?

I liked the tactics. I use two preserving forwards. I would like to update this tactic.

It’s difficult to play with this tactic against teams like Liverpool and MS

Positive: Beautiful and realistic game without exploits. I want to investigate club step by step and no win everything in first season by underdog (y)
Negative: What should I do with all wingers??? :D

Positive: Beautiful and realistic game without exploits. I want to investigate club step by step and no win everything in first season by underdog (y)
Negative: What should I do with all wingers??? :D
yeah, wont find better realistic tactic
only problem is over the top balls
sell wingers ;)

Do you think it needs an update for the latest ME?

Not really, played a season with the latest ME, performed as expected (except the engine problem with shooting from sides instead of a pass).

It’s difficult to play with this tactic against teams like Liverpool and MS

Yep, you need to tweak offside trap, defense line & possible use personal marking in rare cases or pacey strikers may break your defense.

Negative: What should I do with all wingers???

Retrain them, some perform well as full-backs, BBM or even strikers (my best striker in FM19 was retrained from MR and had finishing 9, yes, on the top level).
Or sell. Usually you can buy a seriously better DC/DM/MC (who can cover 6 positions) for every winger you sell.

wont find better realistic tactic
I guess its because attacking mentality tactics almost exploit and ruin ME

sell wingers ;)
the question was rhetorical ;) almost all teams have w/if as the most important players and there are no CAM even to training new position.
No big problem for classic save, but if play journeyman save - need to sell 4+ players just because formation needs ☕

I find if you use low crosses it encourages cut backs and should work well here

Hi xeewaj any further updates to this tactic? A lot of detail and time has gone into it so I was wondering if you have expanded/adapted any more?

This system is really very good. Used it last year and works just as well this year. It works because it makes sense. Thank you for the tactics, filters and all the tips. A great piece of work.