Quaresma heads to Besiktas

KevyMatts

Premium
Reaction score
Inter Milan winger Ricardo Quaresma has ended his disappointing stint in Italy by joining Turkish outfit Besiktas.

Quaresma was a big-money recruit from Porto two years ago, but the 26-year-old struggled to make an impact under Jose Mourinho.
He made just 32 appearances during two seasons with the European champions, scoring only once for the Nerazzurri.

The Portugal international also spent the second half of the 2008/09 season on loan at Chelsea,but again struggled to impress as he featured just four times in the Premier League.

His lack of action for Inter during the past campaign scuppered any chance of Quaresma making Portugal's World Cup squad and he has now accepted a move to Turkey.

Besiktas, who have also been linked with a move for Brazilian attacker Robinho, have paid around £6million to sign Quaresma, who had three years remaining on his Inter contract.

Quaresma also becomes new Besiktas coach Bernd Schuster's first signing since he took charge of the club last week.

This is a good move for both Besiktas and Quaresma.He doesn't fit in Inter's narrow 4-1-2-1-2 system and a move to the Turkish outfit will definately see him get some first-team action.

Schuster did well.

Omg Ricardo I had so much faith on you

great player, should never have left porto as he was fantastic in the portogal league

Good signing for besiktas if he keeps his feet on the ground he can be a brilliant player.

It's a real shame he didn't play more for Chelsea. He was quality in all his appearances there as well. Still, I quite like Besiktas, despite beating Chelsea 2-0 ;)

he IS a bril player. look at Balotelli, guy with the worst temper but still we have to put up to him, because of his abillity. Quaresma should be given another chance, PLUS, leaving a player of his calibre out of the WC is just another godlike move from our tactical genious Queiroz. the WC could be the oportunity he needs to prove himself.

quality transfer for both Besiktas and Him

Great player on his day.

Besiktas should be delighted. :)

any link, not that i dont believe you just so we know it not from goal.com

Good player on his day.
Sadly that day rarely happens :S
poor signing imo

Good player on his day.
Sadly that day rarely happens :S
poor signing imo

Have you watched every game he has played in or something? How is it a poor signing, 6million is a bargain if he plays to his potential in the Turkish league.oO)

Wow I can see him being a huge success out in Turkey. A quality player IMO, just had a bad time of it in Italy.

Good luck to him.

Have you watched every game he has played in or something? How is it a poor signing, 6million is a bargain if he plays to his potential in the Turkish league.oO)

I guess he meant poor signing for Quaresma, heading to the Turkish league, ofc Besiktas' for besiktas is a great signing

good signing but doubt robinho will go there aswell,
its just a shame I hate besiktas :p

Don't want to make a new thread so I thought I'd put this in here. Just been reading about Quaresma..

He's had 13 games this season for Besiktas and scored a whopping 44 goals!