Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score

QUEEN'S PARK - MISSION IMPOSSIBLE?

This is my new story. After doing well with Newcastle, Bilbao and Atalanta I felt like I need a real challenge and what better one than to take an amateur team to the top of the football world. So I have started this Queen's Park story. Queen's Park's motto is - Ludere Causa Ludendi - "To play for the sake of playing" and as such the club has amateur status so I cant pay my players anything or even pay a transfer fee. Also my players can be snapped up at anytime without me being able to intervene.

I must point out though that although I wanted a challenge I didn't want to make it truly impossible so I have edited Queen's Park from always amateur to just amateur so I can turn professional in time but until then it is going to be tough!!!!!!

I am using my edited database which is up to date with transfers - not that that is going to do me much good initially!!!!

So that's the bad points of being Queen's Park but there are good points, namely the stadium as their stadium is Scotland's national home Hampden Park and we even have the ground called Lesser Hampden for our training complex. Also despite being in the bottom tier of Scottish football we have a starting £2m in the bank which is sizeable - not that I can spend it!!!!!

Now for a brief history of Queen's Park.

--

th

QUEEN'S PARK

Founded - 1867 (the oldest club in Scotland)
Ground - Hampden Park
Capacity - 51,866
Nickname - The Spiders
Fierce Rivals - Clyde & Albion Rovers

--

HONOURS

Scottish Cup Winners - 10 times
Ladbrokes Championship Winners - 2 times
Ladbrokes League 1 Winners - 1 time
Ladbrokes League 2 Winners - 2 times

*Queen's Park also came runners-up in the FA Cup in the 19th century twice and have shared the Charity Shield once!!!!*

--

FORMER PLAYERS

Sir Alex Ferguson
Andrew Robertson
Malky Mackay
Barry Douglas

--

THE AIM OF THE SAVE

To become semi-pro, then pro, climb up the leagues and like Hampus Silverholt in his great story with Berwick Rangers, build a dynasty and make Queen's Park the greatest team in Scotland, Europe and the World!!!!

Last edited:
Good idea. Before you made the edit i was going to post that yes its impossible!!! But with that change it makes it manageable in the long term but it'll be tough in the short term, especially while your amateur and you have to watch all your best players getting pinched!

1Kev.jpg

INTRODUCING THE NEW MANAGER
&
PRE-SEASON

So who to be as the new manager of Queen's Park? I have decided to go one of my favourite former footballers, recently retired and a Scottish internationalist who played down south too - Kevin McNaughton.

Super Kev was brilliant for Aberdeen before he moved down south to Cardiff City who he also served with distinction. He also had loan spells with Bolton before moving to Wigan, Inverness CT and he finished his career last season at Forfar Athletic. He earned 4 caps for Scotland (should have been much more) and is still fondly remembered by fans of Aberdeen and Cardiff.

So what did he do to set himself up for his first season as manager? Sign a load of players!!!!!

--

PLAYERS IN

View attachment 44135

14 players have came in so far and I am not going to go into detail about every single one of them. The only player I recognise is Gary Glen while for some reason none of the regens that start the game aren't appearing on my transfer screen so I haven't been able to find a gem there so I have had to make do. There is still a month and a half of the transfer window left so there may be other deals.

The standout signing is Trinidad & Tobago international Richard Roy who should bang in the goals in the bottom tier of Scotland. He will play as a target man and hopefully help young Josh Peters up front.
View attachment 44134

--

PLAYERS OUT

So far only one has been pinched but it was my captain and best player Scott Gibson who joined Stranraer. A hammer blow and I need to bring in at least one CB now.

--

OTHER NEWS

I managed to get Hibernian as a senior affiliate and had 2 loan bids accepted for 2 players that would crush League 2 but the players rejected the move. In the cups we have been drawn alongside Alloa, Dunfermline, Dundee and Buckie Thistle in the Betfred Cup while in the Irn Bru Cup we have been given a tie alongside Civil Service Strollers.

Love it! Great to see one of your signings is Berwick legend Adam Hodge. And by legend i mean he spent one season with us in League One...
Hopefully you can get out of League Two this season!

JULY

067_028__betfredcup_1462887447_standard.png

Betfred Cup Group A
View attachment 43350
Alloa Athletic 0
Queen's Park 3 (Karadachki og15, Peters 61, 89)

Lineup
- Hart, Hodge, Clark, McCracken, Drummond (White), McKernon, Walker, Glen (Jeffries), Osadolar, Peters*, Roy (Watters)

WHAT A START!!!! We thump Alloa, who are two divisions above us, to get this save off to a dream start. In truth they were the better side as 16 shots to 5 in their favour proves but we were clinical. Our first came when a pass back went straight in and Peters was put clean through for the 2nd and had a tap in for the 3rd.

Only Hart, McKernon, Peters and Osadolar were players who I didn't sign here.

--

Betfred Cup Group A
View attachment 43349
Queen's Park 1 (Glen 59pen)
Dunfermline Athletic 5 (Ryan 2, 5, 11pen, 27, El Bakhtaoui 48)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Campbell, McCracken (Summers), Drummond, McKernon, Walker (Martin), Glen, Osadolar, Peters, Roy (Watters)

We come crashing back down to earth here as Dunfermline - namely Andy Ryan - thrash us. The Championship side had the game won in the first 5min tbh and it was pretty embarrassing in the 1st half. We did score another goal late on but it was disallowed.

--

Betfred Cup Group A

View attachment 43348
Buckie Thistle 0
Queen's Park 1 (Watters 80)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Clark, McCracken, Drummond, McKernon, Walker (Thomas), Glen, Osadolar (Jeffries), Peters (Watters), Roy

A win but not as convincing as I had thought it would be. It took a late goal from Watters to give us the win as he headed in from the penalty spot.

--

SUMMARY

The first month has come and gone and it was a satisfactory start as we got a great win over Championship side Alloa before Dunfermline swatted us aside easily and we rounded off the month with a win against non-league side Buckie Thistle.

I signed another player in the shape and form of Stevie Campbell who is a centre half and will get game time although as with most of the players who I bring in - is rubbish!!!!

I asked the board if we could go semi-pro but they refused my request. This will probably be the first of many times that this happens!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOSH PETERS
View attachment 43978

Last edited:
Love it! Great to see one of your signings is Berwick legend Adam Hodge. And by legend i mean he spent one season with us in League One...
Hopefully you can get out of League Two this season!

Thankyou. Its a bit different managing down here but every goal is a pleasure and every win is an achievement. We were predicted to finish 5th so I am certainly aiming for the play-offs

AUGUST

Betfred Cup Group A
View attachment 43347
Queen's Park 1 (Peters 41)
Dundee 1 (Henvey 47)
(Queen's Park win 4-2 on penalties)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge (Summers), Clark, McCracken, Drummond, McKernon, Walker, Glen, Osadolar (Jeffries), Peters, Roy (Watters)

I am so proud of my players here as we get a draw against a SPL team and even manage to beat them on penalties. We played really well here - it wasn't a case of hanging on for dear life - and deserved a draw and that's what we got and despite Peters missing his penalty we scored the other 4 to collect the 2pts and we finish 3rd in the group.

Did we get a bumper attendance for this match against top division opposition? No lol - just over 1,000.

--

View attachment 43346
Cowdenbeath 3 (Sheerin 1, Malcolm 22, Renton 25)
Queen's Park 4 (Peters 2, 3, 24, Glen 54pen)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Clark (Campbell), McCracken, Drummond (Summers), McKernon (Thomas), Walker, Glen, Jeffries, Peters*, Roy

The first 25min in this game was ridiculous. Even the first 3min as 3 goals were scored in that time. Defences certainly weren't on top but fortunately we managed to get ahead in the 2nd half and hold on.

--

View attachment 43345
Queen's Park 1 (Peters 4)
Edinburgh City 1 (Laird 44)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge (Bailey), Campbell, McCracken, Drummond, McKernon,
Martin, Glen, Jeffries (Johnston), Peters, Roy (Thomas)

I suppose I should be happy with a draw considering we were down to 10 men for most of the 2nd half and they missed some great chances.

--

View attachment 43344
Clyde 1 (McStay 82)
Queen's Park 5 (Rumsby og12, Peters 15, Roy 23, 38, Johnston 71)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Campbell, McCracken, Drummond, McKernon, Walker, Glen, Jeffries (Johnston), Peters, Roy*

Derby day joy for us here as we give Clyde a pasting. They have arguably the best player in the league in David Goodwillie, the former Scotland international, but he couldn't do anything and was actually the worst player on the park against us here as we were fantastic.

--
Irn Bru Cup1st Round
View attachment 43343
Queen's Park 5 (Glen 60pen, McKernon 90, Peters 99, Watters 102, Jeffries 105)
Civil Service Strollers 2 (Helm 12, Austin 51)
AET

Lineup - Hart, Hodge (Bailey), Campbell, McCracken, Drummond, McKernon*, Walker (Martin), Glen, Jeffries, Peters, Roy (Watters)

Through but phew!!!! We were not at the races here and coming up to the hour mark a shock was on the cards but we got a penalty and then levelled in stoppage time thanks to a magnificent strike from McKernon and then in extra-time our superiority shone through.

The attendance here was just above 700 so there were over 50,000 empty seats lol.

--

View attachment 43342
Queen's Park 2 (Peters 21, 87)
Albion Rovers 2 (McCracken og13, Archibald 83)

Lineup - Hart, Bailey, Hodge, McCracken, Drummond, McKernon, Martin (Marenghi), Glen (Johnston), Jeffries, Peters*, Roy (Watters)

Our 2nd successive derby match in the league and we managed to scrape a point thanks to Josh Peters' header. Already I am dreading January as if he keeps scoring like he is other clubs will snap him up.

--

View attachment 43341
Queen's Park 3 (Glen 26, Peters 78, McKernon 88)
Peterhead 1 (Lyle 77)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Clark (Campbell), McCracken, Drummond, McKernon*, Black, Glen, Jeffries (Johnston), Peters, Roy

I am pleased with this win as Peterhead have Rory McAllister in their ranks who is lethal at this level but we kept him quiet and scored twice late on to get the win.

--

SUMMARY

A hectic month but a very successful one as we managed to get through it unbeaten even though we played against and beat an SPL side and had 2 derby matches against Clyde and Albion Rovers.

We end the month 2nd in the table but are the only team undefeated and are the top scorers (thanks to Peters) and our defensive record is not too bad either in comparison. In the Irn Bru Cup we have been drawn against Hamilton U20s in the next round.

Regarding transfers I brought in 3 more players who I think are major additions to my squad. Undoubtedly the standout player is Ian Black - the former Scotland international - who came in from Ternant. He may be 32 y/o but he should stroll it at this level.
View attachment 43868

My other 2 signings was Toby Wells on loan from Aberdeen and Jamie McCluskey came in on a free.
View attachment 43873View attachment 43871

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOSH PETERS
View attachment 43870

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 43869

Last edited:

SEPTEMBER

Irn Bru2nd Round

View attachment 43339
Queen's Park 2 (Glen 30, Watters 61)
Hamilton Academical U20s 1 (Tierney 85)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Clark, Campbell, Drummond, McKernon (Martin), Black, Glen, Osadolar (Jeffries), Peters (Watters), Roy*

We progress into the next round with a good win here. It is hard to judge how tough an opponent Hamilton's reserves would be but considering Clyde beat Celtic's already I kinda hoped that we would win here.

--

View attachment 43338
Elgin City 1 (McLeish 48)
Queen's Park 1 (Glen 22pen)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Clark, Wells, Drummond (Summers), McKernon, Black, Glen, Osadolar (McCluskey), Peters, Roy (Watters)

Meh. We could have won this match as McKernon had a 2nd half goal disallowed but a draw isn't too bad.

--

View attachment 43337
Berwick Rangers 1 (Murrell 77)
Queen's Park 0

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Clark, Wells, Drummond (McCracken), McKernon, Black, Glen (McCluskey), Osadolar, Peters (Watters), Roy

Our 1st defeat in the league this season against the top side of the division but it was harsh as a draw would have been a fair result. As a result we slip down to 3rd position.

--

View attachment 43336
Queen's Park 2 (Peters 11, 90)
Annan Athletic 1 (Clark 69)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge (Summers), Clark, Wells, Drummond, McKernon, Black, Glen (McCluskey), Osadolar, Peters*, Roy

Back to winning ways here as Peters struck in stoppage time to give us the points.

--

SUMMARY

This month was quieter in the amount of games that we played but a lot still happened. We opened the month by beating Hamilton's reserve side in the Irn Bru Cup and have been drawn against Linfield in the next round.

In the league we drew with Elgin before losing to Berwick - who we have been drawn against in the Scottish Cup - and then fortunately we defeated Annan Athletic to finish off the month.

Also my left back Ross Drummond is getting stick from the crowd and I am finding myself defending him in press conferences. He hasn't been that bad!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RICHARD ROY
View attachment 43851

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 43850

Last edited:

OCTOBER

Irn Bru Cup 3rd Round
View attachment 43335
Linfield 2 (Culbert 55, Woods 56)
Queen's Park 4 (Roy 28, 53, Peters 36, McCluskey 75pen)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Clark, McCracken (Campbell), Drummond, McKernon, Black, Glen (McCluskey), Osadolar, Peters, Roy

Surely a bottom tier side in Scotland shouldn't be putting 4 past one of the top sides in Northern Ireland? Maybe so lol but I was surprised at this scoreline.

--

View attachment 43334
Stirling Albion 0
Queen's Park 1 (Peters 31)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Clark, Wells (McCracken), Drummond, McKernon*, Black, Glen (McCluskey), Osadolar (Jeffries), Peters, Roy

A great victory as we defeat top of the table Stirling Albion and move up above them to 2nd place.

--

William Hill Scottish Cup 2nd Round
View attachment 43333
Berwick Rangers 1 (See 18)
Queen's Park 2 (Glen 35, 53)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Clark, Wells, Drummond, McKernon, Black (Summers), Glen*, Jeffries (McCluskey), Peters (Watters), Roy

After defeating top of the table Stirling in our last match we repeat the trick here but this time in the Scottish Cup as we get revenge against Berwick after they beat us a few weeks back.

--

View attachment 43332
Queen's Park 2 (Peters 18, 77)
Cowdenbeath 2 (Renton 60, Malone 88)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge (Summers), Clark, Wells, Drummond, McKernon (Walker), Black, Glen, Jeffries, Peters, Roy (Watters)

I am pretty annoyed that we didn't manage to hold on and win this match as we were minutes away from doing so. Cowdenbeath are the team directly below us so it was definitely a missed opportunity.

--

SUMMARY

On the field everything was good as we progressed in both of the cups and got some decent results in the league so I am naturally delighted at the way things are going but off the pitch we have problems.

Players are unhappy with training, players are unhappy at not playing, my chief scout has been poached as well as my assistant manager and then after our match against Cowdenbeath Richard Roy got snapped up by Defence Force in his homeland so he leaves us immediately. FFS!!!!!

In the cups we will play Highland League side Huntly in the Scottish Cup and Partick Thistle in the quarter-finals of the Irn Bru Cup.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOSH PETERS
View attachment 43811

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 43812

Last edited:
i am no expert but how can you be playing a team in northern ireland

kev mcnaughton was such a good player and i see now hes an even better painter

NOVEMBER

View attachment 43279
Edinburgh City 2 (Handling 13, Watson 28)
Queen's Park 4 (Watters 2, 69, 90, Mortimer 78)

Lineup
- Hart, Hodge, Clark, Wells, Drummond, McKernon (Walker), Black, Glen, Jeffries (McCluskey), Peters (Mortimer), Watters*

Who needs Richard Roy??? I toyed with changing the formation but put in young Watters to give him his chance from the start and he repaid me with a hat-trick. Even young Billy Mortimer came off the bench to score on his first appearance.

--

View attachment 43278
Queen's Park 1 (Black 58)
Clyde 1 (Lochhead 61)

Lineup
- Hart, Hodge, Clark, Wells, Drummond (Summers), McKernon, Black, Glen, Osadolar (Jeffries), Peters, Watters

A draw against our fierce rivals and it could have been a win as Watters had a goal disallowed. At least we didn't get beat!!! Ian Black scored his first goal for us.

--

Irn Bru Cup Quarter-Final
View attachment 43277
Partick Thistle 3 (Doolan 30, Spittal 49, Storer 89)
Queen's Park 0

Lineup - Hart, Hodge (Summers), Clark, McCracken, Drummond, McKernon, Black (Walker), Glen, Osadolar, Peters, Watters (MacPherson)

This was always likely to be a step too far as Championship side Partick knock us out of the Irn Bru cup. To get to the quarter-finals is some achievement though!

--

William Hill Scottish Cup 3rd Round
View attachment 43276
Queen's Park 1 (Osadolar 64)
Huntly 0

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Clark, Wells, Drummond, McKernon*,
Black, Glen, Osadolar, Peters, Watters (Walker)

This was a dull match which was brightened up in the last half hour by firstly our goal and then 2 red cards in 2 minutes - one from either side. Hopefully we get Celtic or Rangers in the next round to boost our coffers.

--
View attachment 43275
Albion Rovers 1 (McGuigan 30)
Queen's Park 4 (Peters 14, 60, MacPherson 76, McCracken 90)

Lineup
- Hart, Hodge, Clark, Wells (McCracken), Drummond, McKernon, Walker (Thomas), Glen, Osadolar, Peters*, Watters (MacPherson)

That's how you win a derby match!!!! It was an even 1st half but in the final 30min we turned it on and banged in 3 goals. Peters is up to 20 goals for the season now.

--

SUMMARY

November was decent enough but clouds in the sky are appearing as the vultures that are other clubs are sniffing at our players. Firstly we did well on the pitch as we put 4 past Edinburgh City and Albion Rovers with a draw against Clyde sandwiched inbetween. In the Irn Bru Cup we were eliminated by Partick Thistle but in the Scottish Cup we made it into the 4th round and have non league opposition in it so we have a chance to progress again!

Ciaran Summers was released as he wasn't happy with the amount of football he was getting. That's the problem with having amateur status as your players can just up and leave. More worryingly however is that Josh Peters is wanted by Alloa while Edinburgh are interested in Clark while McKernon is also attracting interest.

The board rejected my 2nd request to go semi-pro too.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JAMIE MCKERNON

View attachment 43744

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 43743

Last edited:
225px-Queens_Park_FC_logo.svg.png

DECEMBER

View attachment 43274
Queens's Park 4 (Peters 1, 45, Osadolar 17, Watters 59)
Elgin City 1 (Sutherland 81)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Clark, Wells, Drummond, McKernon, Black, Glen, Osadolar (Jeffries), Peters*, Watters

For the 3rd game in 4 we score 4 goals in a match as we go top of the league with this victory.

--

View attachment 43273
Peterhead 2 (Riley 6, Lyle 61)
Queen's Park 0

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Clark, Wells, Drummond, McKernon, Black (Martin), Glen (McCluskey), Jeffries, Peters, Watters (MacPherson)

Our 2nd defeat in the league this season and it was deserved as we were awful. Peterhead are 4th in the table but a bit away from the top 3 but this win helps their cause.

--

View attachment 43272
Annan Athletic 1 (Langton 15)
Queen's Park 1 (Peters 46)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Clark, Wells, Drummond, McKernon, Black*, Glen, Jeffries (McCluskey), Peters, Watters (MacPherson)

We should have won this match as we missed quite a few chances at the end of the match including one where we had 2 players clean through on their keeper!!!

--

View attachment 43271
Queen's Park 0
Berwick Rangers 0

Lineup
- Hart, Hodge, Clark*, Wells, Drummond (White), McKernon, Black, Glen, Osadolar (Jeffries), Peters, Watters (MacPherson)

We drop points for the 3rd game in a row and although Berwick are fellow promotion contenders it is still annoying. Top of the table Stirling Albion are up next.

--

View attachment 43270
Queen's Park 3 (Osadolar 10, 72, Peters 29)
Stirling Albion 0

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Clark, Wells, Drummond, McKernon, Black, Glen (McCluskey), Osadolar, Peters, Watters*

We get back to winning ways and in doing so we go top of the table. Rory Watters is certainly inconsistent but he performed well here as he got 2 goals.

--

View attachment 43269
Cowdenbeath 2 (Malone 32, 46)
Queen's Park 2 (Goodfellow og17, Peters 83)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Clark, Wells, Drummond, McKernon, Black, Glen (McCluskey), Osadolar, Peters, Watters (Mortimer)

More dropped points and this means we now only have one win in five but we are top of the league so I cant complain too much.

--

SUMMARY

2017 has come to an end and we are doing well. Top of the table, quarter-finalists of the Irn Bru Cup and we have a great chance of reaching the Scottish Cup 5th round!!!! I better make the most of it because unless we go semi-pro hard times are just around the corner.

Our current bank balance is £1.5m so surely that would be enough to go semi-pro but not according to my board who say they cant afford it.

So going into January it is all about keeping who I have and hopefully picking up one or two other players.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOSH PETERS

View attachment 43577

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 43576

Last edited:
nice start. I tried a Queens Park save a while ago, but wasn't aware of the "always amateur" setting. By a miracle got as far as the Championship, but had no chance when every player left for nowt. I rage quitted that day.

JANUARY

View attachment 43268
Queen's Park 5 (Peters 32, Hodge og41, Osadolar 45. Watters 48, Mortimer 70)
Edinburgh City 1 (Handling 80)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Clark, Wells, Drummond, McKernon (Walker), Black*, Glen (McCluskey), Osadolar, Peters (Mortimer), Watters

A nice way to start the new year as we thrash Edinburgh City. This could be the last game for Lewis Clark as we have a bid in for him - from Edinburgh City!!!!

--

View attachment 43267
Clyde 1 (Hopkirk 13)
Queen's Park 1 (Watters 85)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Clark, Wells, Drummond, McKernon (Walker), Black, Glen, Osadolar (Jeffries), Riordan (Mortimer), Watters

Although we are top of the league and have only lost twice in League 2 this season we really need to string some wins together at some point!! Only twice in the league have we won back to back games. Derek Riordan, the former Scotland player, made his debut here.

Lewis Clark rejected the chance to join Edinburgh City thankfully.

--

View attachment 43266
Queen's Park 2 (Black 20, McCluskey 71)
Albion Rovers 0

Lineup
- Hart, Hodge, Clark, Wells, Drummond (White), Walker, Black*, Glen, Jeffries (McCluskey), Peters, Watters (Gullan)

During the week we lost Jamie McKernon to Championship side Alloa which is mildly annoying but Allan Walker came in and did a job here. On loan Hibs forward Jamie Gullan made his debut here.

--

View attachment 43265
Elgin City 1 (Sutherland 49)
Queen's Park 2 (Glen 19, Gullan 25)

Lineup
- Hart, Hodge, Clark, Wells, Drummond (White), Walker, Black, Glen, Jeffries (McCluskey), Peters (Riordan), Gullan

Back to back wins but how many more we can get god knows as the vultures are circling around my players constantly. Backup keeper Howarth went during the week and my 3rd choice keeper rejected a move to Huntly.

--

William Hill Scottish Cup 4th Round
View attachment 43264
Forres Mechanics 2 (Cameron 27, 70)
Queen's Park 3 (Peters 67, 89, 90)

Lineup - Hart, Hodge, Clark, Wells, Drummond, Martin (Thomas), Black, Glen (McCluskey), Jeffries, Peters*, Gullan (Watters)

Super Josh Peters!!!! We go into the 5th round of the Scottish Cup after Josh Peters single handedly put us through with his hat-trick with 2 goals in the last 2 minutes.

--

View attachment 43263
Berwick Rangers 3 (Willis 19, 40, 86)
Queen's Park 2 (Glen 10, Gullan 77)

Lineup - Walters, Hodge, Clark, Wells (McCracken), Drummond, Walker, Black, Glen, Jeffries (McCluskey), Peters (Riordan), Gullan

Berwick defeat us for the 2nd time this season to keep them in the promotion hunt. You may notice our usual goalie, Hart, is missing - yep he has been pinched too!!!

--

SUMMARY

First things first lets get to matters on the park and all is good results wise. We are 4pts clear at the table and are in the Scottish Cup 5th round where we will play SPL side Livingston at Hampden Park.

Now to matters off the park and we may need that 4pt gap as my first XI was ravaged by the January transfer window. Alloa took McKernon and Hart which meant my 2nd choice CM and first choice keeper had gone. In goal came Mark Walters after he rejected a move to Huntly, he played one game and then left for Forfar on deadline day!!!

Lewis White somehow got snapped up by Livingston - it appears he was only good enough to be backup left back for me but is good enough for a SPL side. Jamie Howarth joined Clyde and Lewis Clark, after rejecting a move to Edinburgh City, joined Howarth there too!!!!

So I needed to bring in players. Firstly I brought in Derek Riordan to give us some guile and experience and then I used my maximum amount of loans to bolster the squad as Mbayo from Aberdeen, Gullan from Hibs and Nelson from Rangers came in.

2 keepers were signed on deadline day and I brought in another CB.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
IAN BLACK

View attachment 43574

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 43575

Last edited:
Great story so far buddy....what tactic are you playing?

The last two years two teams from NI and Wales have been allowed in to the Challenge Cup

I believe Sutton United and Boreham Wood are also taking part this season, as the top National League sides not promoted.

Bit inconvenient that they are both Southern sides; wouldn't be too bad if Barrow and Gateshead were the two sides that took part.

FEBRUARY

View attachment 43262
Queen's Park 1 (Peters 82)
Peterhead 0

Lineup - Dolan, Hodge*, Mbayo, Wells, Drummond, Walker, Black, Glen (Jeffries), Nelson (McCluskey), Peters, Gullan (Watters)

Not the greatest of games but another one in which I am so glad that nobody took Josh Peters in January!!!! Dolan, Mbayo, and Nelson made their debuts.

--

View attachment 43261
Queen's Park 2 (Gullan 45, Peters 72)
Annan Athletic 0

Lineup - Dolan, Hodge, Mbayo, Wells, Drummond, Martin, Black (Thomas), Nelson (McCluskey), Osadolar (Jeffries), Peters*, Gullan

Our 2nd goal here was a farce as Peters played a through ball from 35 yards and the keeper dived over it and it just rolled into the goal.

--

William Hill Scottish Cup 5th Round
View attachment 43260
Queen's Park 0
Livingston 1 (Hardie 21)

Lineup - Dolan, Hodge, Mbayo, Wells, Drummond, Walker, Black, Nelson (McCluskey), Osadolar (Jeffries), Peters, Gullan (Watters)

Livingston may be an SPL side but they are a very poor SPL side and although they deserved to win I felt if our attacking players performed we could have beaten them.

--

View attachment 43259
Stirling Albion 3 (MacDonald 68, 90, Stewart 90)
Queen's Park 2 (Barr og28, Osadolar 43)

Lineup - Dolan, Hodge, Mbayo, Wells, Drummond, Walker, Black, Nelson (McCluskey), Osadolar, Peters (Riordan), Gullan (Watters)

**** RIGHT OFF!!!! We were minutes away from winning our 3rd straight league game for the 1st time this season and we go and concede 2 goals in stoppage time. Losing a 2 goal lead was bad enough!!!

--

View attachment 43258
Queen's Park 4 (Gullan 5, 22, Peters 65, 90)
Cowdenbeath 1 (Renton 79)

Lineup
- Dolan, Hodge, Mbayo, Wells (McCracken), Drummond, Walker, Black, Glen (Nelson), Osadolar, Peters*, Gullan

That's better!!!! This win gives us an 8pt lead at the top with 8 games to go so we better not **** this up!!!

--

SUMMARY

Results wise this month wasn't too bad although the Stirling Albion collapse was atrocious however performances have not been great but maybe that's to be expected considering I have just thrown in 4 new players into the team.

Our Scottish Cup run ended with defeat to Livingston in a case of what could have been but we cant be too disappointed in that. We now have just to concentrate on seeing the job out as with an 8pt lead with 8 games to go we have one foot into League 1. We better not blow it!!!

We had our youth intake on the last day of February and apparently it was a golden generation. Tbh most of them looked average however the star player, 15y/o Jack Kerr, looks a real talent and will go straight into the first team. If he is still with us this time next year I will be amazed!!!
View attachment 43567View attachment 43566

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOSH PETERS
View attachment 43570

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 43571

Last edited:
Great story so far buddy....what tactic are you playing?

Because of a lack of quality I am not playing my usual 4-2-3-1 formation but just trying to blast ourselves out the league with a 4-2-4 formation. Cross balls into the box early and pump it into the middle for my quick young strikers to latch onto.