Queens Park Rangers - Lone Rangers or Power Rangers?

JustNEZ

Reaction score
Im currently just beginning my 3rd season with QPR, and would like to start my story from where I am, and will document my first 2 seasons which I have completed.

First Season

It was a very mixed start to the season for QPR who received a budget of roughly £3 million, and a lack of ability in the squad made it difficult and this was represented with the results on the pitch, sitting in or around the relegation zone at Christmas, made the new year full of dread for QPR fans, however a change in tactics allowed a vast improvement in form resulting in a better second half of the season with some good results over the proverbial 'top 6'. With key performances from Djibril Cisse and Federico Macheda (loan from Manchester United), also key contributions from Samba Diakite, Adam Vass and Adel Taarabt.

Key Results include: Wins at home against Tottenham (2-1) and Man City (2-0). Win away at Chelsea (1-0) and a 1-1 draw at home v Manchester United.

This resulted in a 11th Place finish in the Premier Division.
View attachment 239677View attachment 239678View attachment 239679

Second Season: there was no case of the well known Second Season Syndrome for QPR who managed to navigate a passage into Europe with a successful League Cup journey. With varying tactics to get the best from the team, which sometimes involved 3 Defensive Midfielders and other times including 3 strikers.

Dipping into the transfer market was key to this success with key signings including Samba Diakite (previously on loan) for £3.5m, Nathaniel Clyne and Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace for a combined fee of £2.6m. Also the CB Sebastien Bassong for £2m from Tottenham and Royston Drenthe on a free transfer after his contract ran out at Real Madrid. And adding more key names in January of Nikica Jelavic £7.5m from Everton who was surprisingly transfer listed and the also transfer listed Antonio Valencia from Manchester United for £10m. These funded by the start of season transfer budget and the selling of key player including Joey Barton and Djibril Cisse. also the sale of Royston Drenthe after 6 months for a profit of £7.5 million.

Notable results this year include draws against Liverpool 1-1 and Tottenham 3-3. While getting wins against Tottenham 4-3 in the reverse fixture and 6-0 against Man City in the League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg. Albeit against a weakened team.

Overall a successful season for QPR leading into the 3rd Season where I will pick up the story, expect more spills and thrills.

View attachment 239693View attachment 239694View attachment 239695View attachment 239696

Pre-Season Update

View attachment 239806

Naisbitt Pushes the big boys with big name players.

View attachment 239803View attachment 239804View attachment 239805

Today marked the day which QPR entered the next level, with there being a needed for a stronger squad for a European Place, Naisbitt announced the signing of 5 players. these included Emmanuel Adebayor for Man City on loan till the end of the season paying 20% of his mammoth wages. Also the signing of Danny Welbeck, transfer listed by Man United and snapped up by Naisbitt. Also the free tansfers of Jan Movarek and Modibo Diakite. Naisbitt also announced the marquee signing of Bryan Ruiz from recently relegated Fulham for £10.5m.

Also Naisbitt confirmed that Shaun Wright Phillips, Emmanuel Frimpong have been sold to West Ham and Sheffield Wednesday respctively. While Anton Ferdinand and Amr Zaki have left the club on free transfers.