smiles1000

Reaction score
Hey

trying to shift the big earners in order to free up more of the wage bill but need to strengthen the squad in order to get promoted to the premier league so any ideas who to sign.

also Tom Carroll is injured for 3/4 months, shall I terminate the loan or will be an good player for the rest of the season once he has recovered from the injury

Could you provide us with more information? Do you have any budget? What players are you getting rid of? Just so we know which areas need improving.

Hey, I've also just started with QPR and have the same problem. They need to cut their wage bill drastically, and so far I have managed to get rid of Barton for 1.5 mil to West Brom (saves me 65k a week in wages) and got rid of Diakite on loan for 70% of wages. I also managed to sell Hogan Ephraim and loan out Yoon-Seok Young.

As a result I've managed to get my transfer budget up to 1.86 mil and I can now spend an additional 55k a week in wages. Would be more but I can't shift either of Rob Green and Julio Cesar (only need one).

I desperately need:
- Either a starting/sub winger who can play both sides
- A central midfielder sub to cover the loss of Diakite and Barton.

Signed 19 year-old Spanish CM/DM Sergi Darder for 700k compensation. Looks a real good find on paper.

thomas drage 800k class winger!! or loan gnarba or jesse lingaard

Hey, I've also just started with QPR and have the same problem. They need to cut their wage bill drastically, and so far I have managed to get rid of Barton for 1.5 mil to West Brom (saves me 65k a week in wages) and got rid of Diakite on loan for 70% of wages. I also managed to sell Hogan Ephraim and loan out Yoon-Seok Young.

As a result I've managed to get my transfer budget up to 1.86 mil and I can now spend an additional 55k a week in wages. Would be more but I can't shift either of Rob Green and Julio Cesar (only need one).

I desperately need:

agreed with the keeper situation, I have managed to get the wage budget down and brought in Keane from manutd on loan with only paying 50% of the wages which is nothing in comparison cause lack of centre backs is a worry but do need new mids as we have a few injuries

agreed with the keeper situation, I have managed to get the wage budget down and brought in Keane from manutd on loan with only paying 50% of the wages which is nothing in comparison cause lack of centre backs is a worry but do need new mids as we have a few injuries

We obviously think alike - forgot to mention that the very first thing I did after starting was to bring in Michael Keane on loan. Also got Sergi Darder and Stefan Strandberg.

I think Ive done quite well in the transfer market at the start of my 2nd season with QPR:
Ins:
Harry Maguire 1.6m
Nicky Shorey Free
Daniele Corvia 1.1 m
Ibrahim Afellay 1.1m
Federico Insua Free
Lenny Nangis Free
Jordy Masip Free
Federico Macheda Free
Kim Kallstrom Loan
Darren Fletcher Loan

Also managed to offload the likes of Diakite, Mbia, Park, Derry, Remy, Granero, Green who were on huge wages

QPR are in a messy situation. Their expenditure is a lot higher than their income! Your are going to make a big loss at the end of the season.
If you want to stay at QPR for many seasons, trying to improve the team in the first season should not be your priority. Your obvious priority is to get promoted in the first season. But your MAIN priority should be to decrease expenditure and increase income! With the team QPR already have, you should be able to gain promotion back to the BPL without too many problems. QPR are seen as a rich club, but their finances will soon become insecure if you don't act straight away.
Ways to help finances:
- Try to sell players who are not needed with high wages. (Obvious)
- Cut back on youth facilities. Look to buy talent in latter season. Not produce it.
- Try to establish feeder clubs in different counties to increase fan base, increasing merchandising.
- Arrange lots of U21+U18 matches with high reputations teams throughout the season. Lots of little money adds up!
- If you feel you must bring in new players. Search the Free Transfers! You can find some good ones when you first start. Or loan in players.

^^These are a few basic tips to help anyone who is struggling with QPR. If you don't sort out their finances in the first season, getting promoted won't magically clear the money troubles. They will have little money to spend with the risk of administration! Thus making your first year back in the BPL very difficult!

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm new to FM and am having trouble with putting a QPR on the field due to the home grown rule when playing Championship games. Currently Tom Carroll is the only player to qualify from the senior squad so I need to fill the bench with 5 under-21 players which is limiting. How do people get around this rule?

H)

I desperately need:

Hello ,

I've started this game with QPR as well and facing same problems as everyone but I find it very exciting. After first game loss I managed to align 5 victory in a row (4 preseason and 1 league) then a draw.

I sold granero and put on transfer remy mbia park and diakite. I signed free players and 4 of them are great. striker : victor Zapata, edu, arthuro. Wings : Petrov ( lethal centers )

For your winger left and right, try to train and use Hoilett

I got a question : as I am currently paying the wages of some players an loan, can I ask them to come back? I wanted back Park but couldn't find a way to get him back. Not sur if possible.

My tactic at the moment is
4-1-3-2 but more 4-4-2 style

Just started a save today using LFCMarshalls update.

Got rid of Barton, Luke Young, Clint Hill and a few others. I couldnt get rid of Wright Phillips or some others. Terminated the loans of Benoit Assou Ekotto and Doyle and Kranjcar.

Signed Planas for lb. Stanislav Manolev for rb. Milosevic for cb. All for about 500k all of which have been outstanding for me. I picked up Martin Kelly dirt cheap aswell and a massive take over at Blackburn caused a few players to be released and I managed to pick up Jordan Rhodes on a free (Will never happen again)

Soon as next season starts I'm gonna get rid of a tonne more players, as I'd rather build up slowly but surely rather than rush. Need to get rid of Remy, Phillips, A. Johnson.

Alenjandro Faurlin is possibly my best player this season though as a defensive ball winning mid.

Just started a save today using LFCMarshalls update.

Got rid of Barton, Luke Young, Clint Hill and a few others. I couldnt get rid of Wright Phillips or some others. Terminated the loans of Benoit Assou Ekotto and Doyle and Kranjcar.

Signed Planas for lb. Stanislav Manolev for rb. Milosevic for cb. All for about 500k all of which have been outstanding for me. I picked up Martin Kelly dirt cheap aswell and a massive take over at Blackburn caused a few players to be released and I managed to pick up Jordan Rhodes on a free (Will never happen again)

Soon as next season starts I'm gonna get rid of a tonne more players, as I'd rather build up slowly but surely rather than rush. Need to get rid of Remy, Phillips, A. Johnson.

Alenjandro Faurlin is possibly my best player this season though as a defensive ball winning mid.

I had a save with Newcastle Remy played okish, scored 14 goals or summit but then was went back to QPR worth ?23mil!!