• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deslandes

Reaction score
QUEIROZ FIRED FROM PORTUGAL JOB

BBC Sport said:
The move comes a week after the 57-year-old was suspended for six months for disrupting an anti-doping test.
The former Manchester United assistant boss was also criticised for Portugal's poor performance at the 2010 World Cup finals and in Euro 2012 qualifiers.
"Carlos Queiroz's contract is settled with immediate effect," said the Portuguese Football Federation (PFF).
"This decision has been communicated to Carlos Queiroz, who will receive the reasons for the decision first hand."
Queiroz, a former Real Madrid boss, had two years left on his contract.
His lawyer, Rui Patricio, said the sacking had '"the inevitable path" but added he would fight it.
"We are not satisfied with the fact that Queiroz's rights are not being respected," stated Patricio.
"If the contract has been terminated without just cause, there has to be compensation. If there has been interference from the government then international organisations, and I mean Fifa of course, will be alerted."
Queiroz was suspended for one month for misconduct in August after he was found to have insulted an anti-doping team and upset their work.
The ban, which related to a test performed in May, was later extended to six months.
Queiroz has denied wrongdoing. None of the players tested positive.
The coach, appointed in 2008, has been under pressure following Portugal's exit at hand the last-16 stage of the World Cup to eventual winners Spain.
The team have also had their worst start to a European championship qualifying campaign since 1996.
They lost 1-0 to Norway on Tuesday and drew 4-4 with Cyprus in the opening game. Queiroz's assistant, Agostinho Oliveira, was in charge for those matches.
The PFF said it hoped to appoint a successor to Queiroz before Portugal's Euro 2012 qualifier against Denmark on 8 October.

What do you think about this? According to the portuguese performance in the World Cup, would you fire him? Who do you think would be the best replacement for him?

0,,15089743-EX,00.jpg

Last edited:
was always going to happen. shambles and shouldnt be a manager. Excellent number 2 though.

On paper, he did alright. Got out of the toughest group in the comp, scoring 7, conceding none and only got knocked out 1-0 by the winners.. Then again, they were ****..

Thank God! And I hope the Federation resigns, all of them, every single one of them must end functions immeadiately, now, we want a ballsy manager, and a ballsy federation, I don't want have lapdogs training my national team, I want someone firm, who can put those sissy girlies that we call players in shape.

Paulo Bento will get the job.. Almost certain of that.

We won't qualify, and then he'll blame a poor start and will stay on until the World Cup.

Wonder if Mourinho fancies it (Doing a Hiddink style job..) - Probably not though..

Wasn't he involved in some controversy over avoiding drug testing or something? (Or am i imagining that? :S)

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Translation, courtesy of Google Chrome...

Carlos Queiroz fired

Endpoint for Carlos Queiroz in the national team football. The direction of the FPF, which met in Lisbon, decided this Thursday waive Carlos Queiroz.

It is certain that those responsible for federal already agreed on the fate of Queiroz.

At this point - ended the meeting - there are not many data, but Gilberto Madaíl already officially confirmed that, as reported to THE BALL 19 hours, Carlos Queiroz has already aware of the unanimous decision.

Wonder if Mourinho fancies it (Doing a Hiddink style job..) - Probably not though..

Wasn't he involved in some controversy over avoiding drug testing or something? (Or am i imagining that? :S)

No you're not, he didn't let the anti-doping autorithy do the drug tests on the players, and used inappropriate language.

There was even a thread on it, let me see if I find it.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=43452

Hoppefully they'll fire all the staff too. And after that they resign and schedule elections.

It was expected,after the embarrassing losses...all the same he is a good No. 2

He had a technically gifted team playing like robots in the WC. Not all great asst. managers can make the step up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.