Queiroz fired from Portugal Job

Should Queiroz Successor be Portuguese?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's Bielsa doing? I'd like to see all out attack from the Portugese

Manual Pellgrini would be a good replacement and he is out of work at the moment and might fancy himself in International management

I think sacking him now is a bad move, new coach means changes and the squad needing to adapt to them, and doing that during an ongoing competition is just stupid. They should have fired him right after the World Cup instead of all the ******* about that happened after that. Only someone absolutely mental would agree to take on the national team at this point, almost half-way through the European Championship qualifying.

I think sacking him now is a bad move, new coach means changes and the squad needing to adapt to them, and doing that during an ongoing competition is just stupid. They should have fired him right after the World Cup instead of all the ******* about that happened after that. Only someone absolutely mental would agree to take on the national team at this point, almost half-way through the European Championship qualifying.

True as well, for me he would even leave after the World Cup Qualifiers, and the new coach could start working right after them, in December, giving him time to work with the team until June and continuing his work at the EURO. But when the president doesn't move his *** out of his seat and continues watching the ***** Queiroz was doing.

Besides, you can tell that our performance in the World Cup was good, but only if you haven't watched the games. If you did, you would quickly conclude that we could have done much better. We played a defensive and negative football. It is true that we scored 7 against a team which isn't even in the top 100, but we could have scored much more. Against Spain, for example, when we were starting to pressure them and attacking, he subbed Hugo Almeida, our single striker at the time, for Danny, a midfielder. This is but a taste of his decisions.

Against Spain, for example, when we were starting to pressure them and attacking, he subbed Hugo Almeida, our single striker at the time, for Danny, a midfielder. This is but a taste of his decisions.

IIRC, Almeida was exhausted. The sub was more a necessity than a tactical switch. Also, introducing Danny for Almeida and pushing Ronaldo upfront is hardly a defensive switch now is it?

I heard they were having Javier Aguirre replacing him, terrible decision.

IIRC, Almeida was exhausted. The sub was more a necessity than a tactical switch. Also, introducing Danny for Almeida and pushing Ronaldo upfront is hardly a defensive switch now is it?

Ronaldo isn't, without any doubt, a striker. And if he is, he isn't as good as Hugo Almeida in that position. Ronaldo needs to be free,without any fixed position, and Portugal under Queiroz plays for a fixed striker. And if Ronaldo isn't a striker, Danny is even farther. Almeida wasn't that exhausted, there were players more tired than him. And if Queiroz wanted to attack, he could sub a midfielder like Deco for Liedson, for example. But he didn't risked it. In fact, he never did. We could have won against Brazil B in the group stage but didn't. With what excuse? Would Ivory Coast win against Korea DPR by 9-0 ?! C'mon..

Hardly half way through mate. 2 matches. Lol.. To be fair I think they did it because he was suspended for 6 months for the anti doping scandal so he wasn't going to be there anyway. Just makes sense to get someone in who can do the job especially as he was very unpopular to begin with, never mind now.

I would say that they should try and tempt Braga's manager into the job, but he'd be reluctant as they're in the CL now.

I'm happy he's finally gone, maybe Bento will be the chosen one, I don't dislike him, he's brave and doesn't crack under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.