Queiroz insults Anti-Doping Authority

With all that happened in and out the field, would you keep Queiroz?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deslandes

Reaction score
SkySports said:
The Portuguese Football Federation is investigating allegations regarding manager Carlos Queiroz insulting members of Portugal's anti-doping authority.
The incident reportedly occurred in May during the national team's preparations for the World Cup
spacer.gif
in their camp.
The 57-year-old national team coach guided his side to the last 16 of the tournament, where they exited to eventual winners Spain, and he is expected to stay in his role for a further two years for the European Championships in 2012.
Delicate matter

However, the inquiry against him could result in him being removed following his alleged insults of Luis Horta, the Portuguese Anti-Doping Authority and his staff after they requested to test several of his players.
"The facts that have been discovered in an inquiry oblige the federation to ponder them," Secretary of State Laurentino Dias told Portuguese station Radio Renascenca.
"If they were not grave facts there would not have been an inquest or it would have been archived.
"It is an extremely delicate matter, which the FPF will analyse in depth and will inform on at an opportune time, after having heard all the parties."

http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,27032,13954_6277318,00.html

I just hope this ends with him fired... And let me tell you the whole story:

One day, the national anti-doping authority arrived at Covilha, where the national team was training. They arrived early in the morning, around 7AM, in order not to have the blood samples damaged, as they must be taken on empty stomach, as veryone knows. What supposedly happened was that when they arrived, Queiroz insulted them for arriving so early and interrupting the players' rest.

And all this happens some months after Queiroz hit a journalist in a trip.

What do you think about all this? According to the poor results and all this scenes, would you fire him? Remember that waiting some time won't help, as the EURO qualifiers will start and a solution must be found asap. Would you keep him or send him away?

i dont really blame him tbh. if the players where sleeping and resting, its a managers role to protect them

I don't know why Portugal hired him in the first place tbh -- his record as a manager is poor. Despite leading South Africa to the 2002 World Cup, he has done little else. He failed to get Portugal to Euro 92 and WC 94, took over one of the best Sporting Lisbon teams of recent times and won only one Portugese Cup. His stint at Real can be discounted due to boardroom pressures, but his record really doesn't stand up to any scrutiny. Jeez, he almost masterminded Portugal's failure to qualify for the recent WC.

He is great coach, but should leave management to others who are more able.

I don't know why Portugal hired him in the first place tbh -- his record as a manager is poor. Despite leading South Africa to the 2002 World Cup, he has done little else. He failed to get Portugal to Euro 92 and WC 94, took over one of the best Sporting Lisbon teams of recent times and won only one Portugese Cup. His stint at Real can be discounted due to boardroom pressures, but his record really doesn't stand up to any scrutiny. Jeez, he almost masterminded Portugal's failure to qualify for the recent WC.

This

But there is always a job for him at United :wub:

This, definitely this. And what annoys me the most was that Scolari only left for Chelsea when FPF said they wouldn't pay him more (and the worst was that we all know what happened with him at Chelsea), and we finished paying Queiroz more than what Scolari required to stay...

This

But there is always a job for him at United :wub:

In fact, when he accepted the Portuguese job, he signed a contract which had a term at the same time as Ferguson's, so there's still a chance :)

But for United, I just hope he doesn't return as 1st manager, I think he should do what he does best, assisting the manager.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

His best moment :p:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYJpmj-BRTQ"]YouTube- Agradecimento de Carlos Queiroz aos Black Eyed Peas e a todos os fâs[/ame]

He is a ****, the only role he should take within football shoul be Youth Coach or Assistant Manager, he was great along side Sir Alex Ferguson, but when it comes to take control, he is s*** :(

Well, if all I had to do was assisting Mourinho, I would be a great assistant Man too. Queiroz doesn't have the spine to be a a manager, when he is supposed to be a hard-***-harsh-man, he doesn't, and the other way around. Sad is the money he made under all this media polemics, sponsors, commercials... Sigh, just die, Queiroz, please.

Oh Pedrito, and answering to the poll: **** NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.