Query about conceding shots on goal

dannyboy50

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently started a save with Manchester United and I have started the season with a 12 match unbeaten run.
Despite this, on two occasions, we have surrendered 3-1 leads to draw 3-3.
This was against Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur, but we are also allowing opposition to have a lot of shots.
So, my tactic.
I'm playing a diamond system at the moment. De Geo (GK, D); Rafael (FB, A), Jones (CB, D), Vertonghen (CB, D), Shaw (FB, A); Carrick (DM, D); Di Maria (AP, A), Herrera (CM, S); Mata (AMC, A); Rooney (DLF, S), RVP (AF, A).
I'm playing a fluid style with a Control philosophy.
We are playing short passing, play out of defence, Deeper defence, tight marking, lower tempo.
Now, I was thinking of selecting closing down more, but as my def line is quite deep I don't know whether these will work together.
I also don't have opposition instructions, should I be using these?

Or is this a case of me over thinking it all and I shouldn't change anything for a team who are currently unbeaten?

Any help would be appreciated.

You don't seem to have a lot of cover. That's probably why you're allowing these shots.

You need to put your FBs on support duty, and change the short passing to a more direct one to counter.

When the AI is losing they will pressure more higher, tackler harder and attack like crazy (overload). To counter this, you need to put your man behind the ball and wait to counter.