question about player attributes

matt_cfc

Reaction score
hi im new here.

can anyone plz tell me how to change the player attributes from a bar thing to the different coloured numbers like fm2005 had and all the other ones? Ive seen it done but i dont know how to do it? :(

yeh has anyone got a file?

I keep meaning to look for one buy CBA

You do that on the preferences screen, untick the box that says Graphical Attributes.

thanks mate. lol i thought it was something difficult that you had to do with an xml file or something like tht

o I thought he meant like different colour numbers, anyone got a link to the file?

i have another question lol.

how do you, on adobe photoshop (7) make a colour slightly transparent, so you can see the background. here is an example of what i mean:

where the blue bit is slightly transparent that u can still see the background. i want to change this to a slightly transparent green (cos im trying to make a celtic skin and blue obviously doesnt go)

can u please tell me where i can find this file and how to change it to a slightly transparent green??

wot i mean is, where can i find the file to change it, and how to change it. (to a slightly transparent green)

and also the same thing that gregor was looking for, how to change the colours of the numbers too would help.

Well there isnt a file for photoshop you should be able to toggle the transparency of something on the layers window in photoshop. If you cant see it then look under the view.
But when it saves it will save as normal anyway as far as i know.

thanks but is ther a file which i can recolour anywhere? an xml or even a graphic?

To change it from blue to green it will be in...

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2006\data\skins\skin_name\graphics\boxes

I am pretty sure it is the 'bordered' folder. So just a little graphics editing required, very easy to do.

########################

To change the attribute colours you need to open...

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2006\data\settings\fm colours.xml

You may need to check in individual skins' settings folders and edit those fm colours.xml files instead.

Here is the part you have to edit...

PHP:
<!-- profile attribute colours -->
	<colour name="low attribute" red="255" green="112" blue="51"/>
	<colour name="normal attribute" red="255" green="214" blue="51" />
	<colour name="good attribute" red="194" green="255" blue="51" />
	<colour name="excellent attribute" red="92" green="255" blue="51" />
	<colour name="special attribute" red="200" green="150" blue="0" />
	<colour name="attribute label" red="255" green="255" blue="255" />	
	<colour name="special attribute label" red="255" green="255" blue="255" />	
	<colour name="profile extra text" red="150" green="200" blue="255" />

You will probably need to use google to find a good list of RGB colours.

Let me know how you get on with it.

well i went in the boxes folder, but the folder inside that is "titled" not "bordered". "bordered is for pop up things i think, like the little box tht **** up like for loading ur game, or "are u sure u want to put this offer in" or sumthing like tht.

the fm colours thing doesnt work for me somehow! Ive changed it for the skin im currently using, and just the general one for the game. (C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2006\data\settings\fm colours.xml)

but it still aint workin

rite i have another question lol (u must all think im dolly)

i downloaded a 140x180 facepack and put it in the celtic folder, deleting everything else. but nothing is coming up wen i load the game. just a blank 95x95 space. how can i change to 140x180 and is ther sumting wrong with my game?

actually i think its sumthing wrong with my game cos boruc is ******* up but the other players arent.

basically wot has happend is:

wen i got fm2006, boruc wasnt in the celtic facepack that came with the game so i added him into the default config.

then i put my fm2005 facepack in and deleted the default pack.

nothing came up, except for the boruc picture.

then i deleted that too, and installed a new pack of 140x180 pics. again only the boruc one is showing.

what should i do?

EDIT: is the rule that u cant edit a post after 30 mins not a bit pointless? Ive just triple posted instead of just editing the one post.

You must have left the old config.xml files. So they are forcing the game to load an image that doesnt exist for the Celtic players. That's why you are getting a blank square.

You should delete the whole Celtic folder and then re-install the face packs you want.

nope i deleted the whole folder then installed a new one by the same name (celtic). still boruc is the only picture that is showing.

i even re installed the game to see if that worked but it didnt

Faulty face pack then, sounds like the filenames have been spelled wrong in the config file for the pack.

ive found it out at last! :D its the skin thats wrong. im sure because ive just changed skin and all the pics are coming up. however for the 140x180 pics, they have been moved up the page so that you only see half of them (the bottom half)

is it to do with whether the skin can allow them or is ther a way to change it

Last edited:
Not a clue, I don't really know much about larger face packs.