Question about Wage budgets/ Contract Renewals

Help

Reaction score
I've just moved to New York Red Bulls.

It says on the finance page, I have 283k per week to spend on players wages, and that i'm currently using 100k of the wages.

Players contracts have started to run out, so i'm renewing a couple, and it won't let me because it says that suddenly, I can only spend 39k on player wages, when i'm spending 100k atm, with a supposed 283k budget.

What's going on?

Many thanks.

If the Salary cap is 39k for the whole team per week. How the **** do i manage that? I have to get rid of most of the current players? Seems pretty weird.

Do you offer someone a contract and then go forward a day and then offer someone else a contract? or do you offer the contracts in one day?

If you do it the first way then the closer you get to your total wage budget the less it lets you offer players.

Just because you're 183k under your budget it doesn't mean you can spend all of it on one player.
You get a set amount based on that budget that you can offer to certain players on certain contracts, it's all a percentage of your free wage budget. It's done that way so that in times such as the one you're in you're capable of improving and offering new contracts without suddenly having your wage bill double over night.

I didn't want to spend it all on one player. Cahill was on 39k a week, and they wanted me to put it down to 4k a week... I wasn't allowed to offer any of my players anymore than around 4k. Simple as that, and there were plenty over 4k.

So what the **** was I supposed to do? None of them would accept 4k after being on higher wages. LOL

Funny thing was, I left Red Bulls because it was a load of rubbish, wouldn't let me sign anyone. Then once I leave, they all resign for their original wages.

Jean-Luc, either way, I was nowhere near my wage budget.