carstensdj

Reaction score
Hi All,

I hope that you are well!

I have a question regarding tactics. I know that if you change your tactics (mid season) to a completely new one, the players are likely to not play very well in that tactic until it has been fully learned, hence, a stupid idea!

My question is:
I have 3x tactics (4-3-3 Narrow, 4-1-2-3 Wide and 4-5-1 Counter) which i use. My primary starting tactic is my 4-1-2-3 but i occasionally start the game using one of the others, depending on who i am facing. Does it mess up team morale/players ability/team ability/form when you change your starting tactic depending on different opposition? I have kept these 3x Formations and tactics throughout the season and they are all 100% familiar to my team. EG: Starting Tactic and 2x backup tactics.

Does it matter if i chop and change them (make backup tactic my starting tactic for a particular game) depending on the team i am about to play? Bear in mind, i'm talking about changing between tactics which have been learned 100% since pre-season. NOT completely changing the formation/tactic in any way...

Thanks very much for your input, in advance!

Hi,

I think it isn't very good for your team. Only if the team that you're facing is too much better than yours, or your team isn't corresponding with the match results expected use an alternative tactic doesn't benefit your team. In this 2nd case I think than is better to change the tactic in every games.. Not just a game or two.

Well that's my opinion. I hope it helped.

Regards.

Hi Zimbarolas, thanks for your input.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Hi Zimbarolas, thanks for your input.

Can anyone else confirm this?

The team does not know which tactic is your 1st, 2nd or 3rd so, NO, the players wont get confused if you start using the one in the 3rd spot etc. After that, its just up to you to actually use the correct approach.

The team does not know which tactic is your 1st, 2nd or 3rd so, NO, the players wont get confused if you start using the one in the 3rd spot etc. After that, its just up to you to actually use the correct approach.
Ok great, thanks TBH! I thought as much but wasn't too sure.

Just while you're here... Thanks for all the great advice and tactics which you provide! I am a big fan and use your tactics often.