Question for anyone in the know!

• Thread starter Thread starter stuinbucks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 2K

stuinbucks

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask the following question nor do I know if
anyone here will know the answer, but I will ask it anyway......

Do the makers intend on releasing a new patch to fix the unhappy players situation?

What I mean by that is players constantly complaining about lack of football and I mean
not only one or two but most of the squad.
A quick search on google shows that many players are experiencing this so its not just a
minor few.
The reason I'm asking is because I certainly will not be spending my money on FM2016
if they cannot get this game right first!!

So does anyone know?

Kind regards.

No. No further updates. We always get 3 major ones.

If I am honest, I am playing the latest patch and apart from the odd isolated occasion, I don't have this issue at all.

Personally I think this is just a case of a lot of people not looking at their player roles correctly when offering contracts to new signings and existing players.

If you think a player is a fringe player but you offer him a 'first team' role, he is going to be upset, if you do this to 2 or 3 players, they will all get upset, if you have 2,3 or 4 players all upset, this will cause an affect on the whole team.

No. No further updates. We always get 3 major ones.

WJ knows everything :)

It's not at all a bug: play your players and they'll stay happy.

There is the odd buggy complaint, but mostly it's a squad management issue. Also be careful of starting at a big club with poor manager attributes as that would make things worse.

I am at Stalybridge Celtic in the conferance north, I have lots of players complaining about lack of football.

I pick my matchday squad based on form so I'm unlikely to drop for instance a striker who is banging goals
in for a player who's moaning.

I have 2 strikers as only play one up front Dickinson & Lomax, Lomax is currently on fire so I cannot drop him
but equally I cannot sell Dickinson in case Lomax goes out of form/gets injured etc etc.

Players often want to play. Absurd, but that's the way it is. If you intend to play only with a first 11 and screw everyone else, you need to accept that you'll have complaints from those not playing, especially if they're on par or close to the starting player's ability.

What do you mean intend to play with a first eleven?

You can only pick 11 to play plus subs so I dont follow your response?

So are you saying in my case you would drop my free scoring forward for the moaner?

What do you mean intend to play with a first eleven?

You can only pick 11 to play plus subs so I dont follow your response?

So are you saying in my case you would drop my free scoring forward for the moaner?

You said you stick with your 11 players and you don't rotate much or at all. If you're not going to rotate, you need to realise that the backups may be unhappy about a lack of playing time. It's just part of being a manager. You have a squad to manage, not 11 players.

I'm not saying anything because I don't know enough about your situation.

I am at Stalybridge Celtic in the conferance north, I have lots of players complaining about lack of football.

I pick my matchday squad based on form so I'm unlikely to drop for instance a striker who is banging goals
in for a player who's moaning.

I have 2 strikers as only play one up front Dickinson & Lomax, Lomax is currently on fire so I cannot drop him
but equally I cannot sell Dickinson in case Lomax goes out of form/gets injured etc etc.

If you want to look at in 'real life' realistic terms then just look at Chelsea.

When Mourinho brought in Loic Remy he would have clearly stated you are my 'back up' for Diego Costa. Had he stated that he would be a 'first team regular' when negotiating a contract, Remy would be spitting his dummy out by now.

That is the problem you are having, If you have a 11 man squad all on a squad status of 'First Team' or 'Key Player' and every other player is 'Back Up' or lower then you will be fine.. but you wont, you will have at least 5 or 6 other players that all have a promise of first team football.

You either need to rotate or just get used to the fact that players will always complain about the lack of first team football

I think what you are asking SI to do is actually make FM less realistic..

This is a problem with your rotation and management style, not the AI.

No.

I didn't say I stick with my 11, I said I pick on form basis for instance...

On matchday I go to the team screen and sort the page by last 5 games played, I will then go down the list.
I have had instances where a player has come on as a sub and excelled therefore bumping himself up that
list and earning a start.

So am I picking my team in the wrong way? Its just I'm sure not everyone is a rotation manager.

If you want to look at in 'real life' realistic terms then just look at Chelsea.

When Mourinho brought in Loic Remy he would have clearly stated you are my 'back up' for Diego Costa. Had he stated that he would be a 'first team regular' when negotiating a contract, Remy would be spitting his dummy out by now.

That is the problem you are having, If you have a 11 man squad all on a squad status of 'First Team' or 'Key Player' and every other player is 'Back Up' or lower then you will be fine.. but you wont, you will have at least 5 or 6 other players that all have a promise of first team football.

You either need to rotate or just get used to the fact that players will always complain about the lack of first team football

I agree to a point. The other side of the coin is that the player also knows his ability and he will have an idea of what status he 'should' have based on that ability. Sometimes the player will have a valid point, other times he will be overestimating his ability. That's up to the manager to decide. Whether a player who's clearly good enough for the first team will moan if he's on backup status, will depend on quite a few factors, but he probably will still moan - and rightly so.

So, the approach (bullardinho's suggestion) can work but you need backup ability players for that.

Ok I get what your saying but I dont recall having this problem on any of my other games and I have brought every single
one and played them all in the same way!
So what in your opinion is the best thing for me to say when they complain?

No.

I didn't say I stick with my 11, I said I pick on form basis for instance...

On matchday I go to the team screen and sort the page by last 5 games played, I will then go down the list.
I have had instances where a player has come on as a sub and excelled therefore bumping himself up that
list and earning a start.

So am I picking my team in the wrong way? Its just I'm sure not everyone is a rotation manager.

Well, either way, you'll still have players who aren't playing as often as they feel they should. If you're not a rotation manager, don't be one?? You will then need to more or less follow what Bullardinho said.

The players that are getting upset, what is their squad status? As previouly stated, it is pretty much all to do with this.

If a player has been told he is a first team regular, but is only coming off the bench he isn't going to be happy. As per in real life.

You can either start playing them, or sell them and sign 'rotation' players as replacements. If a player is signed as a back up or rotation, they are far less likely to kick off about lack of game time

Ok I get what your saying but I dont recall having this problem on any of my other games and I have brought every single
one and played them all in the same way!
So what in your opinion is the best thing for me to say when they complain?

Every version becomes more realistic. Players unrealistically almost never became unhappy at not playing. That stopped in FM15 and many are being found out.

The players that are getting upset, what is their squad status? As previouly stated, it is pretty much all to do with this.

If a player has been told he is a first team regular, but is only coming off the bench he isn't going to be happy. As per in real life.

You can either start playing them, or sell them and sign 'rotation' players as replacements. If a player is signed as a back up or rotation, they are far less likely to kick off about lack of game time

Ok

Lomax is stated as back-up
Dickinson is key player

guys I do get exactly what your saying, I strarted the season with Dickinson playing he was ****, subbed him and Lomax took
his chance and has done great since.
If I now go and change Dickinsons squad status will he not be upset at that?
Btw I never changed anything those were there status when I started the save.

Ok

Lomax is stated as back-up
Dickinson is key player

guys I do get exactly what your saying, I strarted the season with Dickinson playing he was ****, subbed him and Lomax took
his chance and has done great since.
If I now go and change Dickinsons squad status will he not be upset at that?
Btw I never changed anything those were there status when I started the save.

Dickinson thinks he is a key player, and has been told so (possibly by a previous management if you've only just started the game). So he is going to be upset at not starting pretty much every game. I always find this situation far more apparent in the first couple of seasons while you are working with somebody else's squad and with players that the previous management probably thought were better than you did. But once you start building your own team and giving players the contracts that reflect their importance for you, it gets a lot better.

If you change his sqaud status, more than likely he will get unhappy.

I'm just struggling with this whole rotation talk.

Why would I want to rotate a player on form, Lomax scored 8 in 10 Dickinson 1 in 10!!
thats like Mourinho taking out Costa for someone who has scored 1 in 10 (sorry not gunna happen)

Back