Question for anyone in the know!

• Thread starter Thread starter stuinbucks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 2K
I'm just struggling with this whole rotation talk.

Why would I want to rotate a player on form, Lomax scored 8 in 10 Dickinson 1 in 10!!
thats like Mourinho taking out Costa for someone who has scored 1 in 10 (sorry not gunna happen)

Then don't rotate!!!!!! Set the transfer statuses accordingly. A Key Player WILL moan if he's not starting the majority of games. To expect different is laughable and it isn't something that needs fixing.

I agree to a point. The other side of the coin is that the player also knows his ability and he will have an idea of what status he 'should' have based on that ability. Sometimes the player will have a valid point, other times he will be overestimating his ability. That's up to the manager to decide. Whether a player who's clearly good enough for the first team will moan if he's on backup status, will depend on quite a few factors, but he probably will still moan - and rightly so.

So, the approach (bullardinho's suggestion) can work but you need backup ability players for that.

Yes I agree, apologies, when I said 'every other player is 'Back Up' or lower then you will be fine' I meant with players of 'back up' ability.

I have just seen this complaint crop up a few times now and I don't think it is justified, if you gave each player a 'role' that befits both his ability and his true role in your team then he wouldn't complain. If he believes he has a more important role in your team then you as a manager do, as in real life he will become unhappy and look to seek the football he feels he deserves.

Yes I agree, apologies, when I said 'every other player is 'Back Up' or lower then you will be fine' I meant with players of 'back up' ability.

I have just seen this complaint crop up a few times now and I don't think it is justified, if you gave each player a 'role' that befits both his ability and his true role in your team then he wouldn't complain. If he believes he has a more important role in your team then you as a manager do, as in real life he will become unhappy and look to seek the football he feels he deserves.

Which is completely correct and it's something that seems to get missed often. These are simulated human beings. They may get unhappy. It isn't the end of the world. Manage it. If it means selling the player, then so be it.

the squad status was set before I arrived, so are you saying I should change them to how I see there role?

the squad status was set before I arrived, so are you saying I should change them to how I see there role?

You have 3 choices.

Change the statuses - but beware that some may not like the changes.

Keep it as is - but you will have players moaning if they're not being played accordingly

Change your policy on rotation.

You're not going to be able to keep everyone happy all the time. If you're getting results, this matters less.

Since you're basing it on form, have you tried telling these players that so and so is in the form of his life? That seems to fit exactly what you're doing and is completely true, from what I gather.

You can try, but more than likely you will find him getting upset. Unfortunately this is part and parcel of taking over a new team and is completely realistic. How many times have you seen players get upset in real life when a new manager comes in and they aren't the flavour of the month any more?

More often than not they get sold and the manager brings in his own players.

I'm afraid your gonna actually have to be on of those managery things and deal with it as best you can

Me personally, I would change his squad status, although you will probably then get a notification to state he would like to discuss why you have changed his role in the team.

If the meeting doesn't go well, I would look to move the player on, then either promote a youngster from within the club to play back up or sign a player that would be happy to play back up to your first choice.

I had a player moaning about this yesterday and I said that my right back was in the form of his life and he accepted it and will wait for a chance in the first team. Next game my right back gets injured don't know if he cursed him or I did

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Back