Question on Potential abilities

cityblues

Reaction score
Hi guys :).

Say for example I look in the pre-game editor and say Michael Johnson at Man City has a pa of 165 (I haven't checked this), does this mean this is the highest the player will ever get in the game or does it alter?

I say this because Alex Witsel is always being called a wonderkid and a 'must buy' player, yet his pa is only around 160 (although his stats are quite good from the off). When I scouted him he was a four star potential player and touted as a 'good player', yet after half a season of playing him in every game, I looked again at the scout report and he's now got 5 stars ^o)?.

Also, Rodney Sneijder gets a scout rating of like 3 stars and on the pre-game editor his pa is like 150, but everyone says he's excellent?

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Last edited:
From what I gather, the 'Potential Ability' is the highest a person will ever be able to achieve. Now it gets confusing, because I've had multiple player's PA change over the course of a few seasons with the club and a heavy training regime.

Most of the time however, at least in my experience, the PA of a player won't change drastically once they hit their peak playing period (depends on position, but usually 25-27).

From what I gather, the 'Potential Ability' is the highest a person will ever be able to achieve. Now it gets confusing, because I've had multiple player's PA change over the course of a few seasons with the club and a heavy training regime.

Most of the time however, at least in my experience, the PA of a player won't change drastically once they hit their peak playing period (depends on position, but usually 25-27).

So you reckon whilst their young, their pa can change?

well each player has a CA and a PA and it just means that they can carry on improving until they reach their PA... so depending on how you train them etc.. the better or worse they can possibly get
well the PA is always the same but how good they can actually be can alter yes

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That was a quote from Lee so thank him :)

Cheers.

Do you know what ca classes a player as a 'great asset' in that case please?

"CA" stands for Current Ability, "Great Asset" iirc means they'll be a great addition to the team :D

"CA" stands for Current Ability, "Great Asset" iirc means they'll be a great addition to the team :D

I know mate, but at what ca will they be classed as a 'great asset'. For example do they need to have a ca of 170 to be classed as a 'great asset'?

Cheers,

CA doesn't relate to how good they are. If my thoughts on this are right then it just means how far along they are in their development as a players. For example you could have someone with a CA of 130 who is a better player than someone with a CA of 170.