karlost

Reaction score
When I setup instructions to every player individually than team instructions do not use except time wasting,tight marking,play offside,counter attack,use playmaker and target man,right?

It matters. Set the team mentality to 'All out attack' and ctrl defenders mentality to 'ultra-defensive'. In this case, when your team is in control of possession, the ctrl defenders stay very high up the field...

Is good to knw but if i individually set up direct passing to AMC and short pasing to DC and DL/DR than it doesnt matter what did i put in team instructions?

That´s a good question. If bgsam1990 is right, and the team mentality has some effect even if you change the mentality of individual players, does other team instructions also reflects over players that have been given specific individual settings?

That´s a good question. If bgsam1990 is right, and the team mentality has some effect even if you change the mentality of individual players, does other team instructions also reflects over players that have been given specific individual settings?

Yes in general, but not for things like closing down.

Hmn, let me make the doubt a little more specific.

When there is an instruction that is both mentioned in the team instructions and in the specific player instructions, and you set a different specific instruction than the one that has been selected for the team, does this team instruction still have some influence on the player, despite his specific instructions?

That is asked because bgsam1990 said that even if you set an ultradefensive mentality for yours DCs, if the team has an all out attack mentality, they will position themselves very high up the pitch. I have not tested this yet, but I always though that when there are contradictory team and specific instructions, the specific instructions always prevailed.

I have not tested this yet, but I always though that when there are contradictory team and specific instructions, the specific instructions always prevailed.

Indeed, I always thought that this was true as well.

Is anybody able to clear this up?

Team mentality certainly plays a vital part acc to me. Passing usually is carried out acc to player instructions in most cases but some times, it follows team instructions.;)
Once, I was playing ManUtd and leading 3-2 (with ManCity) and I set my team passing to long and least creative freedom. Then my DC's started banging balls into the oppositions half even though they had short passing instruction.