Questions about money received for player...

GenesisBit

Reaction score
In FM13 and FM14 clubs only ever seem to offer around a max of £45m and very rarely £48m or £50m for a player.

I've played up to around 2030 on both of them and haven't seen this change with one exception.

I sold an english striker for £70m to Monaco.
I've never been able to sell another player (much better players too) for anywhere near that since.

Any idea what may have caused this? Being English maybe?

What is the highest you have ever received?
View attachment 362737

Last edited:
I've topped 60m once or twice but wow.

Come to think about it, those players were English too........ oO).

Honestly, I don't think its the English factor (as realistic as that maybe) I just think all about timing and luck more then anything. Not many teams in the world can carry that kind of budget, and unless a player REALLY takes there fancy, its unlikely to sway them into paying that much.

Last edited:
I've sold 4 players for 30-32 mil, I only sell my unwanted players so that's why. I reckon you just need the player to be young, have an amazing season and then get lucky.

I've topped 60m once or twice but wow.

Come to think about it, those players were English too........ oO).

Honestly, I don't think its the English factor (as realistic as that maybe) I just think all about timing and luck more then anything. Not many teams in the world can carry that kind of budget, and unless a player REALLY takes there fancy, its unlikely to sway them into paying that much.

It's strange but I have noticed some pretty poor english players sell for very high prices. I had an 19 year old english midfielder who was never going to get near my first team, had no appearances for me and was bought for £25m from United.

It's strange...
The funny thing is the player I sold to Monaco for £70m hasn't been that good for them! He's been amazing for England though.

It's so easy to get £20-£35 million for average players on this FM but so difficult to get £50 + for amazing players.