Reaction score
Hello all, recently addicted. FM12 just happened to be the version of the game I had through my steam account and I loaded it up two weeks ago to my wife's dismay. I started unemployed, landed at Rostock in 2. Bundesliga.

Thanks to some free transfers, winning promotion, a club takeover by a sugar daddy owner, and a incredibly fortunate string of events that led to a German Cup win in season two I was offered the F.C. Bayern post heading into my third season.

I think I have a certain grasp on how the star ratings are essentially based on relative factors (strength of club, scouting, etc), but I'm stunned looking at the roster and seeing guys with enormous salaries rated as 3-star players. Is that a normal thing for major teams, or do I have a lot of house cleaning to do?

Does anyone have any advice on running a major club for the first time after coming from a small one?

That's normal. That means they are good for Bayern say, but would be aweome for a EURO Cup team. If they are not needed though, sell them.

Thank you for the input--I just felt awkward leaving a team chock full of 4-stars that were a fraction of the over all cost (values of 3-5 million versus 30-50 million).

I think I will definitely sell a select few off only to replace them with some of the bargain stars that have been out of my reach. Thanks again!

Remember a 3 star play for Bayern while your are there is probably a five star player for a mid table club. It's all relative to the clubs rep and if you like player benchmarks. So if you happened to be Wolfsburg I'd snap all those 3 star players.
Also bear in mind it's not a bad thing to have these players at a team like Bayern as they are probably still better than rival club players anyway. I have made this mistake a few times. They will still be good for the Bundesliga