chrism94

Reaction score
Hi, I didn't play fm18 so the scouting in fm19 is fairly new to me, I'm just wondering how the scouting packages actually work? I am managing in the League of Ireland and have set my packages for the UK & Ireland and youth package just Ireland because the scouting budget is quite low. Will I only get player reports back from these regions? Because the board said the scouting has now been expanded to Europe.

Also is there any way to scout a player quicker? Often times if I scout a bunch of players my scouts taking too long to send me reports and the players end up going to another club or I have to sign a player without knowing his full report? I have noticed offering a trial may give a good indication of a players potential. Or is it simply i'm giving my scouts too much work considering I only have 3 scouts?

Scouting range and packages are different things. The package you buy is pretty much a database. It reveals more players and reveals more of the players you already know in that region.

It now takes a minimum of a week to "Get Scout Report' whereas before this it could happen in 24hrs.

It is quite easy to build up a back-log of players you ask for reports on so the scouts take longer to generate reports. Idon;t know how you manage the scouts workloads, but keeping one or two in their own regions and assigning players to them might help.