Pav_001

Reaction score
Okay so I have always played my FM games by using the disk. I just took out my FM disk a discovered a small chip in the disk. Because of this I do not want to damage the disk anymore so I want to play on steam. I would just like to know a couple of things about steam. Firstly can you play on steam without internet access? Secondly will it let me use my current save on steam?

Oh and btw I heard that if you use steam it automatically updates the patches for you. When this next patch comes out it will have all the transfer updates etc and I am presuming I have to start a new game with this patch which I don't really want to do as I am perfectly happy with the one I have now so is there anyway that steam doesn't update it automatically for you?

Cheers.

Firstly you can play on Steam without internet access. I've done it multiple times on train journeys to and from Plymouth. And yes you can use your current save on steam.

You don't need to worry about the automatic updates. Yes it will update it for you but you won't have to start a new game, you can continue your old one. However if you want to use the new patch and get the transfer updates you will have to start a new game but that would be the same with the disk as well.

No worries, I normally play with the disc but this time I've played with Steam with no disc. Works fine for me and never had any problems.

Yeah, I have always used the disk but there is like I said before a tiny chip in the disk. It's on the inside of it where it is kinda clear but I better not risk it any further. It's probably fine but you never know one tiny bump could turn into a crack. :)

Anyway, once you have installed it via Steam you can use Steam's backup feature to make another disk, incase you ever need to reinstall it. It will only work installing the game on Steam, however. It saves you having to redownload the whole game though.